WC: Team Sweden 2019 roster part II

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Aftonbladet today explains that the 3rd team of this group plays russia in semis. And even if sweden beats russia in group play we need better GD to not let the czechs finish ahead of us.

So we need to score big vs swiss and latvia to have a chance.

First 4 spots are still wide open. The Swiss could easily steal some points from the Sweden, Russia and Czech games and finish top-3.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Is Hank the #1?
Most likely yeah. I still suspect they might give Markström the go-ahead tomorrow to try both goalies against a better team before they decide who’s the number one.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Hank is susceptible for an early softie with some bad luck, but if he allows one, he's so pissed off he's in overload mode (I've seen that pattern for years). Markström is more even IMO. Both would be fine, as I've said, Markström is probably more even, but Hank is really good when he's pissed off. You just have to piss him off before the game and he's still great.

Loui Eriksson just has to go. Scratch him for Jesper Bratt. Also, against Switzerland the 2nd line was shut down pretty badly, Pettersson had some shots, but it wasn't good enough. Then again, it's always an analysis against which team you're facing, but I would still say Bratt scratches Eriksson. Eriksson has been really bad for two straight games. He's better than in Vancouver, but he's still such a shell of his former self.

Reactions: EK47

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
I hope markstrom gets the chance vs latvia atleast. No need to overplay lundqvist. He is not 25 anymore.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Really poor showing for Sweden as a team. Undisciplined, outworked and even out-skilled on some occassions. Luckily Nylander hade a heck of a game. Lindholm's line MIA.

Reactions: teddygmr

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Really poor showing for Sweden as a team. Undisciplined, outworked and even out-skilled on some occassions. Luckily Nylander hade a heck of a game. Lindholm's line MIA.
Thought Landeskog looked good, but yeah that line aint working.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Landeskog was carrying that line by himself. I actually think Pettersson rather than Lindholm was the problem. Maybe he should be tried on the third line, because he hasn't looked good on any other line so far.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I'd try Bratt or Kempe instead of Pettersson. Landeskog has been fine but his two linemates are always a half second late. Their possession game has not nearly been good enough.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I'd try Bratt or Kempe instead of Pettersson. Landeskog has been fine but his two linemates are always a half second late. Their possession game has not nearly been good enough.
If you want possession then Landeskog with Bratt would be the way to go. Pettersson would probably work great with Adrian Kempe too.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Landeskog was carrying that line by himself. I actually think Pettersson rather than Lindholm was the problem. Maybe he should be tried on the third line, because he hasn't looked good on any other line so far.
I think Lindholm was easily the problem he handled the puck like a live grenade on several occasions, Pettersson tried to forcheck and hit but its not really his type of game so :dunno:. I think they should try
Lindblom - Pettersson - Bratt
Landeskog - Lindholm - Kempe
As line 2 and 3.

On a more positive note Kempe is great on the wing on a third line.

Reactions: Star Ocean

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
I think Lindholm was easily the problem he handled the puck like a live grenade on several occasions, Pettersson tried to forcheck and hit but its not really his type of game so :dunno:. I think they should try
Lindblom - Pettersson - Bratt
Landeskog - Lindholm - Kempe
As line 2 and 3.

On a more positive note Kempe is great on the wing on a third line.
Exactly.

Not sure why Lindholm gets a free pass here. Dude has not had a single good game yet.

Pettersson on the 3rd line is crazy talk. We are going to need his skill in the playoffs. He is a type of player that plays better vs skilled opponents, not grindy ones. He had an amazing game vs Russia in EHT.

I bet he will play Russia well here too.

Last edited:

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Exactly.

Not sure why Lindholm gets a free pass here. Dude has not had a single good game yet.

Pettersson on the 3rd line is crazy talk. We are going to need his skill in the playoffs. He is a type of player that plays better vs skilled opponents, not grindy ones. He had an amazing game vs Russia in EHT.

His line was my second line the one with the two hard forechecking wingers on it was obviously the third line.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Exactly.

He had an amazing game on the PP against Russia. Petersson will obviously play on the PP but he has not performed as a top-6 player 5 on 5.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
He had an amazing game on the PP against Russia. Petersson will obviously play on the PP but he has not performed as a top-6 player 5 on 5.
You should stop with your hot takes. Pettersson is a worldclass player that hasnt played up to his potential, yet. Notice how I said yet. There is still time for him to breakout. Let him play through it. It is still groupplay, it is the knockout stage that matters.

Reactions: Nifty Willy

JHB

Feb 15, 2019
Whats wrong with EP40? He doesn't dominate nearly as much as he did in Vancouver. Is he not motivated or is he just being played in the wrong position?

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Whats wrong with EP40? He doesn't dominate nearly as much as he did in Vancouver. Is he not motivated or is he just being played in the wrong position?
He is fatigued. Stupid for him to even go. He looked tired down the stretch with the Canucks too.

Guy needs a break. Bad

Reactions: JHB

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Nylander gave an explanation to Skvallerbladet why he produces so many points: "My teammates make themselves open a lot. It makes things quite simple for me."

JHB

Feb 15, 2019
Just seeing now that Russia will get 2 days of rest compared to Sweden with 1 day rest before their game. Seems kinda unfair. Russia also got more rest than Switzerland before their game tonight. Have they paid off IIHF once again? Seems like the refs were on Russia's side against Latvia as well.

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
Just seeing now that Russia will get 2 days of rest compared to Sweden with 1 day rest before their game. Seems kinda unfair. Russia also got more rest than Switzerland before their game tonight. Have they paid off IIHF once again? Seems like the refs were on Russia's side against Latvia as well.

Lol sure thing they do :lol:

JHB

Feb 15, 2019
Lol sure thing they do :lol:

I remember a few years ago when their head coach had been banned from attending the semi-final and was not allowed to have any contact with the squad, but he sat in a VIP booth in the arena with a headset on him talking to the coaches and the players all game. The refs were horrendous as well, both in that game and in the final later.

Last edited:

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Kid is exhausted

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
He should be back in Vancouver to rest and heal up.

Having a crap tournsment can also screw with confidence, which is a HUGE part of all pro sports.
He has like six points, crap would be like what Jack Hughes is doing.

He’s also a rookie people need to understand.

And his two way game is so underrated in this tourney. Guy is tenacious on the puck and on the back check.

People really do like to overreact on these message boards.

Ep40 has been good.
Just think about what the coach has done so far with him.

He put him as a winger For no reason and where he did not play all year.

He put him with hornqvist who cant finish what so ever.

He even put him with Loui Erickson.

Like come on

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad