Team Needs for 2016

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
As for Jays needs.

- Pitching rotation needs improvement. Stroman+Estrada are the key guys to build around. Though we need either an ace (nothing wrong with Price, but I prefer someone with a much better postseason resume), or a great #2 depending on how Stroman develops over time. Bullpen can use more good depth guys too.

As for the rest of the team, it gets really nitpicky. I'd want a better lead-off hitter than Ben Revere, but he has the base-running speed and plays good defense.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
As for Jays needs.

- Pitching rotation needs improvement. Stroman+Estrada are the key guys to build around. Though we need either an ace (nothing wrong with Price, but I prefer someone with a much better postseason resume), or a great #2 depending on how Stroman develops over time. Bullpen can use more good depth guys too.

As for the rest of the team, it gets really nitpicky. I'd want a better lead-off hitter than Ben Revere, but he has the base-running speed and plays good defense.

He is a free agent and I don't imagine he'll be back.

Vegeta

God Dammit Nappa
May 2, 2009
Capsule Corp.
Tigers:

-New manager
-Bring back Cespedes
-Sign a solid number 3 pitcher, preferably Estrada. Look into Greinke if he isn't 30M a year.
-Call up more arms for the bullpen, make Wilson the closer.
-Resign JD Martinez long term.
-Stay healthy. Healthy Verlander looks to be back in Ace form, and I think Sanchez will return to form if his nagging shoulder injury heals. A fully healthy Miggy would be huge obviously as well.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
As for Jays needs.

Ya Estrada is not going to be a Jay next year.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
1B will be filled internally with Reed. I'm big on him.
True and I think the way Carter played down the stretch, I think he bought himself another life with the team. Get rid of Gattis and have Carter as the DH. If Reed struggles on defense, move Carter to 1b and have Reed DH or just rotate and go with the hot player.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
Re-signing Price would be nice but not necessary. Our core is in-tact and I don't want to run the risk of losing Bautista and/or Encarnacion for Price.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Re-signing Price would be nice but not necessary. Our core is in-tact and I don't want to run the risk of losing Bautista and/or Encarnacion for Price.

You are better off keeping Price at the expense of Bautista. Bautista is 35 years old in a couple of days and will likely never have a year as strong as this one again. I realize that Price himself is 30, however if it means having a legit ace or yet another slugger on a team full of them then the decision should be easy.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
You are better off keeping Price at the expense of Bautista. Bautista is 35 years old in a couple of days and will likely never have a year as strong as this one again. I realize that Price himself is 30, however if it means having a legit ace or yet another slugger on a team full of them then the decision should be easy.

I just think that Price's contract will be astronomical and ultimately not worth it. Bautista and EE both still 1 year left. Jose makes 14/year and EE makes 10/year. that's insane. It will be interesting to see what kind of contracts they will command considering their prime years have likely passed (especially in Bautista's case) If we can replace them with some young power bats then I'd be all for it but we don't exactly have anyone knocking on the door. What kind of player Colabello really is might have something to do with it.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
well i already knew that.

raw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad