Team Needs for 2016

gopherman23

Jul 10, 2013
Minnesota
What are your team's needs for the 2016 season?

Twins

RF Aaron Hicks
1B Joe Mauer
3B Miguel Sano
DH xxxx
2B Brian Dozier
LF Eddie Rosario
SS Eduardo Escobar
C xxxx
CF Byron Buxton

BN Eduardo Nunez
BN Kurt Suzuki
BN Shane Robinson
BN xxxx

SP Ervin Santana
SP Jose Berrios- Called up in mid April
SP Phil Hughes
SP Tyler Duffey
SP Kyle Gibson

RP Glen Perkins
RP Kevin Jepsen
RP Trevor May
RP xxxx
RP xxxx
RP xxxx
RP Ricky Nolasco

Trade Candidates: Trevor Plouffe/Tommy Milone

I think the Twins look to trade Plouffe this offseason to open up 3B for Sano. Milone is also a guy who could be traded. He could net a solid prospect in return. Moving Sano to 3B full time, would open up the DH spot. The Twins could choose to have guys like Vargas/Arcia/Kepler battle for that spot or could choose to fill it via trade/free agency.

Suzuki's days of playing catcher full-time should be over. We need to find a guy who can control the run game better than him.

The Twins could use a top of the rotation starter as well, but I doubt that get addressed this offseason.

As far as the bullpen goes, Perkins was a stud the first half of the season and awful during the second half. I expect him to start out as the closer, but he will have a short leash with the way Jepsen pitched for us down the stretch. I think Trevor May is our future closer and would like to see him stay in the bullpen and be groomed as such. In 31.1 innings as a reliever, he had a 2.87 ERA and 37 K's in mostly a 7th/8th inning role.
Terry Ryan will be active in bolstering the bullpen depth this winter as well.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
White Sox need

1) New Manager
2) Talent at every position but 1B
3) Right Handed starter

Only #3 looks like it could be addressed , Sadly #1 is already impossible as Ventura will be back :shakehead

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Rockies:

Trade CarGo
Trade Reyes (no one is trading for him)
Trade LeMahieu and give Story/Adames tons of ABs since Reyes isn't getting traded
Except for Arenado and Dickerson, shop and be open to trade every hitter on the roster.

Get pitching
Get pitching
Get some more pitching

gopherman23

Jul 10, 2013
Minnesota
Red Sox:

Less Hanley
Less Pablo

Would you guys be interested in Plouffe? He is a guy who can get you 20-25 homers a year all while playing pretty good D at 3B. He doesn't have the greatest range, but the guy just doesn''t make mistakes on balls that he can get too. I suppose you guys are a bit stuck with big contracts at 3rd, 1st, and DH, so a Plouffe trade may not be possible with Boston.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Indians need some bats. They basically need half a starting lineup. Brantley, Lindor, Kipnis, and Gomes are all fine, however they have nothing at 1B, 3B, CF, RF, or DH. Trading for CarGo would be a huge step in the right direction.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Phillies

- At least 2 veteran starting pitchers on short term contracts. Eickhoff/Nola will definitely be in the rotation. Adam Morgan and Matt Harrison (if not injured) might be too. Jake Thompson and Zach Eflin could be in the rotation at some point. Id like to see Happ here again, though he may have just made himself a much longer contract.

- A few bullpen arms.

All in all, the 2016 Phillies will be very young in every position except 1b (Howard). Crawford and Nick Williams will mos likely debut at some point next year.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
A's:

SP's staying healthy
better pitchers in the bullpen.

Maybe a power bat, but the line up isn't a huge issue.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Astros

1)New Closer/better relief pitchers. If they get a new closer, bumping Gregerson as the set man would kill 2 birds with 1 stone. But even with Gregerson getting bumped down, would prefer to have 1 more guy. Need to get rid of Qualls, Perez, and possibly Neshek.

2)upgrades at C, 1b, 3b, LF, and DH but players like Castro, Conger, Carter, Gattis, and Valbuena would need to be moved first.

3)If they could get another ace, that would be great. If not, possibly a number 3. But would need to get rid of some of their current starters first. Not sure if I want Kazmir back. Would have Keuchel,McHugh,McCullers,Fiers, and Feldman under contract.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Can the Cubs even afford to pay him the $30 million a year he is going to get?

Im betting Washington is gonna be licking their chops on him too if they lose zimmermann and fister (but they dont want fister back anyways)

That price for whoever gets him would be huge

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Astros

1)New Closer/better relief pitchers. If they get a new closer, bumping Gregerson as the set man would kill 2 birds with 1 stone. But even with Gregerson getting bumped down, would prefer to have 1 more guy. Need to get rid of Qualls, Perez, and possibly Neshek.

2)upgrades at C, 1b, 3b, LF, and DH but players like Castro, Conger, Carter, Gattis, and Valbuena would need to be moved first.

3)If they could get another ace, that would be great. If not, possibly a number 3. But would need to get rid of some of their current starters first. Not sure if I want Kazmir back. Would have Keuchel,McHugh,McCullers,Fiers, and Feldman under contract.

1B will be filled internally with Reed. I'm big on him.

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
Let me rephrase the question, because every team could afford to pay Price $30 million a year if they really wanted to.

Will Ricketts be willing to shell out $30 million a year for Price?

$30mil is hard to justify for Price given his postseason resume so far. I know, desperate GMs and all, but that's a ridiculous price (no pun intended).

He's no Roy Halladay.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
the A's really just need an actual bullpen. you know, one that can actually do its job?

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Cardinals

1. Re-sign Heyward
2. Re-sign Heyward
3. Re-sign Heyward
4. Re-sign Heyward
5. Re-sign Heyward
6. Someone who could hit home runs

They also need a new manager but that's not happening.

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
Cardinals

1. Re-sign Heyward
2. Re-sign Heyward
3. Re-sign Heyward
4. Re-sign Heyward
5. Re-sign Heyward
6. Someone who could hit home runs

They also need a new manager but that's not happening.

I would also include some bullpen arms in there (assuming the guys they acquired were rentals). Not sure if Walden will ever return. They used the main arms quite a bit this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the younger players play more of a role there next season (Marco, Tui, etc) and eat some innings.

Also I know it won't happen but they would be well served to acquire another catcher who can play 25 - 30% of the games at a higher level to keep Molina healthy. Yadi will oppose this and they'll get arbitration done with Cruz anyway for low $ so it won't happen but wishful thinking.

They hit well enough to win in the postseason this year. The pitching was a big letdown. Of course a large part of that was the Cubs lineup but a healthy Martinez would have been nice at least.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Ownership that gives even the slightest **** about its fans

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Pirates need a 1B and probably two starting pitchers. Seems unlikely that any 1B will be acquired; the free agent options are horrible and it's not like teams are overflowing with young talent at 1B.

The only thing I can think of would be to find a suitor desperate for good bullpen pitching and shop Melancon for a young 1B. But while some general managers in MLB are very dumb, I don't think any are dumb enough to take on a closer for a young, controllable 1B.

Basically we need Josh Bell to learn the position and rake in AAA, and hope Morse or whoever is not horrendous for 2-3 months.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->