Team Needs for 2016

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I think Yankees should give Refsnyder every chance to win the 2B job next spring.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I dont expect alot of free agency activity from the Phillies. They have a bunch of young players who will get their chances. Probably just a few starting pitcher. After the 2016 season I think they could spend heavily in free agency.

UnknownNasty

Oct 5, 2014
I think Yankees should give Refsnyder every chance to win the 2B job next spring.

He is definitely good enough with the bat, but his glove isn't quite up to snuff yet. There were also rumours about possible character issues, which makes sense if you look at his reaction after he was demoted back to AAA (he said "I wasn't expecting this"). Mike Francesca said he acted entitled, was borderline uncoachable and he rubbed veteran players the wrong way.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
He is definitely good enough with the bat, but his glove isn't quite up to snuff yet. There were also rumours about possible character issues, which makes sense if you look at his reaction after he was demoted back to AAA (he said "I wasn't expecting this"). Mike Francesca said he acted entitled, was borderline uncoachable and he rubbed veteran players the wrong way.

The glove will catch up. He's a converted outfielder and needs time.

UnknownNasty

Oct 5, 2014
I have no idea what the Yankees plan with Bird is next year. You can't send him back to AAA after this year in my opinion.

There isn't really any room for him. He could stick around as a 1B/DH replacement when A-Rod and Texeira need breaks, or he could share RF duties with Beltran. Another option, although it's much less likely, is making a move to third base. Athletisicsm wouldn't be a problem for Bird, but learning a new position might be, and there's Chase Headley standing in his way. Teixeira will almost certainly get injured, so it won't be a problem. :laugh:

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
1. New contract for Manny Machado.
2. Improve on-base percentage.
3. Chris Davis return. Or Justin Upton for middle of the order.
4. Lead-off hitter.
5. At least two new SP.
6. Healthy D. Bundy for the 'pen, chance for Givens, Drake and Wright as relievers.

Say Hey Kid

Bathory
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
The Cubs need a playoff quality 3rd starter. You can't win an NLCS with 2 starters. You can with at least 3 as the Mets proved.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I think they're going to hit the trade market hard. I assume they'll go after him as well.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
One of the Cubs' big ties to David Price just became the pitching coach in Milwaukee.

There's still a pretty big tie to Price in the dugout in Chicago. I doubt Price cares that the minor league pitching coordinator for the Cubs left the team. He's would've been seeing him just about never during the season.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
There's still a pretty big tie to Price in the dugout in Chicago. I doubt Price cares that the minor league pitching coordinator for the Cubs left the team. He's would've been seeing him just about never during the season.

Meh, not really. They're in the team offices regularly. That's about as tight as you can get in terms of Vanderbilt people that are connected with Price in the MLB.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad