WC: Team Germany 2019

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Who thought 9 years ago, when Switzerland met Germany in the Quarters and the game ended in a boring and unskilled 0-1, that both teams now are able to play such an offensive minded game and are able to match the best teams of the world without building a wall around their goalkeepers. Great development for the sport.

ebergeist

Apr 29, 2018
Finnland
And our defense is sleeping.
Wake up. We can't just build a brick wall into our goal.

What a weird moment in that period, the team stopped playing. Treutle was our saviour, pretty sure that he returns to north america for the next season.

ebergeist

Apr 29, 2018
Finnland
2-5 but the game far more competive than the numbers tell, i‘m still confident that we will improve our game and do better than in last years tournament.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
So 1 forward and 1 defender will get cut today after the match.
Fauser was the only forward who didn't play today, Will it be him? Or one of Noebels and Bergmann... they didn't play that well today.
Pfohl really convinced me today - I think he's in.
In defence, I think it'll be between Reul, Schopper, and Wagner who didn't get dressed today.

On another note, Mannheim's forwards Plachta and Eisenschmid, and also Munich's forwards Ehliz, Hager and Mauer had a real good match today.

kalle wirsch

May 29, 2015
Wagner and Pfohl will stay at home.I am happy for Stefan Loibl for playing his first big tournament

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
I think the defence issue also partly happen because of the lines söderholm picked.

He threw together a group of playmakers on the first and a group of speedy players on the second line, cause that way they can use their strengths effectively. But if you have a bunch of speedy not physical guys on one line that will obviously show on defense.
Tiffels ain't exactly a physical player, neither is Kahun.

He can probably change that mix based on who they play against. Against a weaker team where you have to find solutions offensively he can probably keep the lines as they are now.
Against stronger teams probably add a physical player to the tiffels kahun line or something

Yes, I think you are exactly right - none of those three has enough grit. It's quite obvious that he experimented a bit, but the lines cannot stay like this against stronger opponents who will punish lack of defensive responsibility.

I think the mix worked well on the first line, where Plachta is the defensively well-equipped dude who joins a robust, defensively okay playmaker, and a non-robust, elusive dangler/shooter. Don't put Tiffels here against opponents you cannot dominate. Keep Plachta, or add alternatively Ehliz who is gritty and really good with Drai as well.

Same applies for that second line, where one of either Ehliz or Plachta needs to come in on the leftwing, and Pföderl mans the rightwing. You could alternatively bring in Hager as 2nd line-center, and move Kahun on the RW. Michaelis or Noebels then centre the third line.

So maybe:

Plachta/Tiffels - Draisaitl - Eisenschmid
Ehliz - Kahún - Pföderl
Michaelis/Tiffels - Hager - Mauer
Loibl - Fauser - Noebels
Bergmann

Looking at this lineup, it becomes clear that we could really make use of another defensively skilled guy on Fauser's 4th line like... you know the name :D

Reactions: ebergeist

HockeyGM666

May 9, 2019
I am doing my fantasy team and really hoping some return on these German guys!

I am thinking Tiffel + Seider.
Are they any good or should I go for someone else? (Draisaitl is too expensive)

Thank you!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad