WC: Team France 2019 roster

letsgocaps

Apr 5, 2008
FRANCE
I watched the game today, and I thought we played really well, the game was pretty even. A nice snipe from Bertrand to conclude the game. A few bad defensive mistakes, but otherwise it was a very enjoyable game.

Reactions: Friar85

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
Feel a little better after today’s game or did Hardy just steal it?
Unfortunately, I wasn't home yesterday so I missed this one.
But, yes, I feel way better.
A 4-3 OT win vs Switzerland is a nice rebound game. Especially coming back from a 3-1 deficit.
Character win, can give some confidence and help the coach to earn a little bit more respect.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Yeah, France looked much better than the night before, much more intensity, much more physical. The Swiss team obviously didn't expect that and had troubles getting their game going. Hardy also looked solid, he's probably a quite important piece.

Bookker

Sep 17, 2010
Nice performance and very good result for France!
Let's see if they can build on this game and win against Italy too next week :nod:
We will need that confidence to start the WC :sarcasm:

The final lineup should be close to :
F. Hardy
(S. Ylonen or HC. Buysse)

H. Gallet / K. Hecquefeuille
F. Chakiachvili / T. Thiry
O. Dame-Malka or K. Dusseau or P. Crinon / J. Janil
A. Manavian

J. Perret / A. Guttig / C. Bertrand
S. Treille / N. Ritz / A. Rech
T. Bozon / V. Claireaux / D. Fleury
T. Da Costa / E. Berthon / G. Leclerc
(Valier, Di Dio Balsamo)

Let's go Les Bleus :popcorn:

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
Unfortunately, I wasn't home yesterday so I missed this one.
But, yes, I feel way better.
A 4-3 OT win vs Switzerland is a nice rebound game. Especially coming back from a 3-1 deficit.
Character win, can give some confidence and help the coach to earn a little bit more respect.
I am curious about the salary structure in Ligue Magnus. It seems odd that Fleury played domestically this year. Wouldn't he earn much more in the NLA or DEL? Or is it just a case of a guy wanting to play in his hometown? Thanks.

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
I am curious about the salary structure in Ligue Magnus. It seems odd that Fleury played domestically this year. Wouldn't he earn much more in the NLA or DEL? Or is it just a case of a guy wanting to play in his hometown? Thanks.

Family choice.
He had a difficult KHL season in China far from home 2 years ago, then spent last year between Finland and Germany . He's getting old and want to settle a little bit.

Death

Formerly reaping souls as Death ...
Apr 24, 2014
France, Alps
This is going to be a touch one for team France ... I'll try to come here as often as I can, I generally follow Hockey Archives' board, long time lurker though I post from time to time.

@Belizarius I understand you don't like T. Bozon very much, not a fan of his attitude either ... but I wouldn't rule him out as a bottom sixer. I saw him play a few times last seasons with Kloten and Geneva, especially this year, I saw him skate hard, relentlessly, creating some chances sometimes on his own (likes to rush the puck up ice) but I also found him to be extremely unlucky. I remember people on Geneva's board thinking the same. He is the kind of player who could take advantage of our weak line up this year. As long as he keeps his head cool, he can play high tempo hockey and be physical as well.

Anyway, this is a very good test for Team France. No more "hiding" behind our most talented players, we will see where the developing of our average and more "normal" players is at. Quite a cause for concern I know, but even if they got relegated, it wouldn't be the end of the world. I believe we've been really lucky, smart as well as we've played to our strength until now, but I think it's time to see where we're at without our top players and Huet's stellar play.

Hopefully we can survive this year's WC. If not, well a good spanking might not be that bad either, we still have a lot of growing to do, for our home league and our national team which cant eternally be satisfied with just being there at the elite level.

Reactions: Belizarius

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
I could not agree more on your post.
To be honest, Tim Bozon is still young and if I didn't like his attitude in 2016, time goes, and people change. I watch the 1st game vs Switzerland and games vs Latvia and he was very good. Not out of place at all.
But his father is going to play him in the top-6 - because basically only Fleury and Bertrand are true top-6 players...

We never had such a depth during training camp, with at least 15 players who would have be fine in this tournament. What we lack is top-6 players, top-2 defensemen, skilled centers and goal scorers.

Here's the players and their career stats at WC
190429-stats-edf.jpg

So few with goals...

Reactions: Bobby G and Death

Death

Formerly reaping souls as Death ...
Apr 24, 2014
France, Alps
I agree ... I also think it may have been a point to chose Dame-Malka instead of another D. Probably the offensive upside to support a weak offense, hard shots to the net and traffic in front.

Reactions: Belizarius

Bookker

Sep 17, 2010
I'm super happy for Louis, it's obvious he has a bright potentiel/future and if he continues that way and work hard, he could follow Texier in his success to make US top leagues :popcorn:

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
Last friendly game : a commanding 6-2 win vs Italy.
France was faster, and way better during this game. The skating was awesome, and the team finished strong.
Shots : France 53-17 Italy :skeptic:
That's a total domination !
Great game and a lot of confidence before playing Denmark !

Score

Periode 1
France - Guillaume Leclerc (en supériorité numérique) (Damien Fleury, Florian Chakiachvili) 2:15
France - Jonathan Janil (Sacha Treille, Thomas Thiry) 3:18
Italie - Anthony Bardaro (Luca Zanatta, Marco Rosa) 4:07
Italie - Giovanni Morini (Marco Rosa) 14:16
Periode 2
France - Sacha Treille (Kevin Hecquefeuille, Anthony Rech) 15:10
Periode 3
France - Damien Fleury (en supériorité numérique 2) (Anthony Guttig, Teddy Da Costa) 5:39
France - Jordann Perret (Cedric Di Dio Balsamo) 7:29
France - Timoth�� Bozon (en supériorité numérique) (Anthony Rech, Charles Bertrand) 13:22
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

letsgocaps

Apr 5, 2008
FRANCE
Last game today before the WC, 6-2 victory against Italy. Italy looked very weak to be honest, France completely dominated the game. I don't think the italians saw the puck in the last 40 minutes.
It was nice to see the french making plays and having sustained offensive zone time for once.
Perret, Rech and Fleury all had a great game. The D is a bit suspect at times, with some bad turnovers, hope they can avoid that against better teams, just clear the puck..

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
So, philosophical question, would you switch places with Austria if given the opportunity? No game against Great Britain, but very winnable games against Italy and Norway and maybe competitive games with Latvia and the Swiss. Or do you like your chances better against the British and Danes?

Last edited:

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
Glad to see Bertrand back with France. Hopefully he will get back to Liiga or get his luck in any NHL camps, KHL was too skillwise directed for him.

I could really see him fits in NA. Liiga is the closer you can get to NA style of play, perfect fourth line energy guy.

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
So, philosophical question, would you switch places with Austria if given the opportunity? No game against Great Britain, but very winnable games against Italy and Norway and maybe competitive games with Latvia and the Swiss. Or do you like your chances better against the British and Danes?

I don't like "what if" :)
I see Norway declining, but somehow we rarely manage something vs them. Italy is weak, but so is GB.
We have a tough group, but who knows.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
I don't like "what if" :)
I see Norway declining, but somehow we rarely manage something vs them. Italy is weak, but so is GB.
We have a tough group, but who knows.

The way you've played against Belarus, Slovakia and Austria last year in Copenhagen* was encouraging. I have no doubt that you'd have beaten Norway had they been in Group A.

*with Stephane da Costa, Yohann Auvitu & Alex Texier

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
The way you've played against Belarus, Slovakia and Austria last year in Copenhagen* was encouraging. I have no doubt that you'd have beaten Norway had they been in Group A.

*with Stephane da Costa, Yohann Auvitu & Alex Texier

Yep, I really liked how we played vs Belarus and Austria. Played with authority, showing a gap vs the promoted teams. I want the same this year :D

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00