WC: Team France 2019 roster

Bosse Berglund

May 7, 2014
Malmoe, Sweden
That's really cool... but what I wanted to tell you is, that he's not headed to the golf course because he's french (and not swedish, finnish, canadian... ).
Point taken. But I didn't doubt his loyalty against his country, only his employers will to release one of their future prospects after a long and wearing season.

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
Is he even eligible to play for Cleveland ? Genuinely asking.
Don’t think so. Had to be on the AHL roster right around NHL trade deadlines day, not sure of exact date. Pretty sure he was in Finland at that time.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Point taken. But I didn't doubt his loyalty against his country, only his employers will to release one of their future prospects after a long and wearing season.

Has been discussed here earlier (on the example of Aleksander Barkov): his employers have no say in his plans to play for the équipe tricolore, as soon as he has medical clearance and insurance is provided. The only thing they can do, is trying to persuade him not to play. Just like Buffalo and Florida. ;)

---
"24.6 For the IIHF World Championships, the Clubs shall permit a Player to play for his National team provided:

(a) The Player's Club either did not qualify for the NHL Playoffs or was eliminated in an early round of the Playoffs.

(b) No agent or representative of the Player's National team inquired as to whether the Player would be willing to play for his National team until after his Club was eliminated from the NHL Playoffs and any such inquiry was only made with simultaneous notice being given to the General Manager of the Player's Club and the Player.

(c) The IIHF or the Player's National team agree to provide such insurance to cover the remaining value of the Player's SPC.

(d) The IIHF or the Player's National team agree to provide such additional insurance to cover the Player's loss of earning capacity as the Player may require.
"

via @Albatros

Reactions: Bosse Berglund

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
I bet you France's coach Philippe Bozon will do everything necessary to add Alexandre Texier to this team.

"C’est un joueur technique, avec une très bonne vision et une très grande intelligence de jeu. Il a vraiment le sens du hockey. Tout ceci lui permet de s’adapter très rapidement. On voit aussi qu’il s’est étoffé physiquement pendant la saison."
https://www.ledauphine.com/sport/20...xandre-texier-montre-des-signes-tres-positifs
Philippe Bozon : « Alexandre Texier montre des signes très positifs »

Keep in mind that Tex has been the most visible french player* at last year's tournament already. I followed all french matches from the statistics bench, and it took me about one or two shifts to discover that this guy is special. Love his bold and aggressive playing style. :popcorn:

---
*okay, maybe apart from Stephane da Costa

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
Yep, he's free to go, but we'll wait for an official announcement.

Cédric Di Dio Balsamo, who was the 13th forward, said a few days ago that he knew he was on the bubble if Texier was available. So I guess the French NT and coach Bozon are prepared to Texier arrival. I think it's going to be short time before Denmark on saturday, though. Well, Texier jumped in the AHL so fast after the plane ride from Finland, who knows :D

letsgocaps

Apr 5, 2008
FRANCE
I'm not worried this year, because we play Great Britain, probably one of the weekest promoted team outside of South Korea last year.
If the team take care seriously of this business, no problem to avoid relegation.
You just might have jinxed them :D
Last game today before the WC, 6-2 victory against Italy. Italy looked very weak to be honest, France completely dominated the game.(...)The D is a bit suspect at times, with some bad turnovers, hope they can avoid that against better teams, just clear the puck..
Like I saw against Italy, our D was really the weakest D we had in a long long time. I did not really recall seeing so many turnovers, bad passes, etc in the Henderson's years.
Hopefully something can be done, and some effort being put into young players development in the years to come. Not many upcoming D, even at the magnus level. The only I can think of are Prissaint, Onno, Pascal, Melin.. and they are not even playing in their respective team's top 6.
The U20 got relegated , the U18 almost too.. It's not looking very bright.

Players review:
+ : Rech, Claireaux, and at times Bozon Jr and Thiry
- : Janil, Manavian, ODM etc Perret and Leclerc invisible
-- : Bozon Sr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad