WC: Team Finland 2019 men's World Championships roster talk

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
I love Heponiemis style, so light, creative and technically superior. I believe he could end as a winging kind of Datsyuk if he gets the chance to play with Barkov and Huberdeau in the future. He was the best forward in the WJC-20´s as well. Yeah, Blue Jackets could end up with a future stud in Veini. Pretty sick how he has bounced back form the weak WJC-20´s, but then again, the potential was always there. I hope and i believe he is very strong mentally. The only question mark is how good and superior has Kärpät been in the Liiga? But then again, Finland does not have a strong roster and with Jalonens great attitude it could end up good for Veini with a hard working unit without any standouts. Veini Vehviläinen, probably the best name ever? Thank you for the great respond and information.

Reactions: king89

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
The only question mark is how good and superior has Kärpät been in the Liiga?
This is always a valid question for a goalie playing behind a stacked club team, but like I said, in Vehviläinen's case his EHT performances also speak for him. He's played in two legs under Jalonen already, and while the sample size is relatively small, he's been outstanding in those outings. He's already shown that he can go against the best Europe has to offer and not just compete, but shut them out.

Reactions: Husqvarna

schmiedi

Dec 31, 2014
This is always a valid question for a goalie playing behind a stacked club team, but like I said, in Vehviläinen's case his EHT performances also speak for him. He's played in two legs under Jalonen already, and while the sample size is relatively small, he's been outstanding in those outings. He's already shown that he can go against the best Europe has to offer and not just compete, but shut them out.
Vehviläinen is the best choise without getting Saros or Rinne

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Vehviläinen is the best choise without getting Saros or Rinne

I don't trust Veini Vehviläinen in national team games since the U20 fiasco no matter how well Vehviläinen plays in his club games. I think he'll choke in some important game of Finland and then it's just "here we go again". Of course one guy's wishes won't change the fact that he will probably get a big role in the team but I'll be scared as hell if he's in the net in some game of death kind of situation with team Finland. He's going to have to win such game and to be the hero in order for me to reset his U20 performances I guess... He was the worst goalie I remember in last 10 years in U20. Of course the team in front of him is also partly responsble but in my rankings that was the worst goalie performance of U20 I can remember and it's hard to forget that. U18 silver was well done by him but that was before the U20 thing, so not really counting that and the tournament is inferior to U20 anyways.

Last edited:
Reactions: schmiedi

schmiedi

Dec 31, 2014
I don't trust Veini Vehviläinen in national team games since the U20 fiasco no matter how well Vehviläinen plays in his club games. I think he'll choke in some important game of Finland and then it's just "here we go again". Of course one guy's wishes won't change the fact that he will probably get a big role in the team but I'll be scared as hell if he's in the net in some game of death kind of situation with team Finland. He's going to have to win such game and to be the hero in order for me to reset his U20 performances I guess... He was the worst goalie I remember in last 10 years in U20. Of course the team in front of him is also partly responsble but in my rankings that was the worst goalie performance of U20 I can remember and it's hard to forget that.
I was live in helsinki he was terrible. But the Goalie before him was the best in the last 10 years.

JLT

Jan 7, 2019
Can some one tell me a little more about Puistola and his game? This was his hat trick last night and the first goal impressed me...

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
I don't trust Veini Vehviläinen in national team games since the U20 fiasco no matter how well Vehviläinen plays in his club games. I think he'll choke in some important game of Finland and then it's just "here we go again". Of course one guy's wishes won't change the fact that he will probably get a big role in the team but I'll be scared as hell if he's in the net in some game of death kind of situation with team Finland. He's going to have to win such game and to be the hero in order for me to reset his U20 performances I guess... He was the worst goalie I remember in last 10 years in U20. Of course the team in front of him is also partly responsble but in my rankings that was the worst goalie performance of U20 I can remember and it's hard to forget that. U18 silver was well done by him but that was before the U20 thing, so not really counting that and the tournament is inferior to U20 anyways.

It's not that he choked; his technique was just fundamentally bad back then. I dont know how he would do today but with the way goalies develop you cant refer to a goalie's U20 performance.

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
Where's the rosters?

Maalilla:
35 Jussi Olkinuora
Varalla:
30 Kevin Lankinen
1. kenttä:
25 Toni Rajala - 15 Arttu Ilomäki - 24 Kaapo Kakko
4 Mikko Lehtonen (C) - 7 Oliwer Kaski
2. kenttä:
82 Harri Pesonen - 91 Juho Lammikko - 71 Kristian Kuusela (A)
6 Tony Sund - 28 Henri Jokiharju
3. kenttä:
76 Jere Sallinen (A) - 21 Juhani Tyrväinen - 23 Joonas Nättinen
42 Teemu Eronen - 50 Juuso Vainio
4. kenttä:
41 Joel Kiviranta - 27 Eetu Luostarinen - 20 Niko Ojamäki
40 Petteri Lindbohm - 55 Miika Koivisto

matzz

Dec 28, 2013
Finland
What do you guys think of Sund? Will he be in the final roster for the WC? Good size and plays a simple game

king89

Dec 4, 2018
Pesonen makes it 4-4 against Sweden with one minute left, they came back from 2-4.

Pesonen with his second goal this game, he has been really good in these EHT games. He deserves a spot in the final team.

5-4!

matzz

Dec 28, 2013
Finland
Pesonen makes it 4-4 against Sweden with one minute left, they came back from 2-4.

Pesonen with his second goal this game, he has been really good in these EHT games. He deserves a spot in the final team.

5-4!
Of course Pesonen will be in the final roster..

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
Maalilla:
35 Jussi Olkinuora
Varalla:
30 Kevin Lankinen
1. kenttä:
2. kenttä:
3. kenttä:
4. kenttä:

It's interesting there are some players who played in the Swiss National League like Harri Pesonen, Petteri Lindbohm and Toni Rajala. Do you think Jalonen will complete the final roster with players from Kärpät Oulu and HPK Hämeenlinna?

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Maalilla:
35 Jussi Olkinuora
Varalla:
30 Kevin Lankinen
1. kenttä:
2. kenttä:
3. kenttä:
4. kenttä:

Please no

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad