Saku Mäenalainen, Kärpät
Joni Nikko, Lukko
Topi Nättinen, JYP
Saku Salminen, Jokerit
Teuvo Teräväinen, Jokerit

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far
No big surprises. Interesting to see how all the small forwards succeed against NA opponents, especially Haapala, J.Ikonen, Kulmala, Markkula, Mustonen and Nättinen.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Why is Kapanen on that roster? Isn't it better to let him play at the Hlinka with the U18 team and then select him for one of the other U20 tournaments this autumn?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Why is Kapanen on that roster? Isn't it better to let him play at the Hlinka with the U18 team and then select him for one of the other U20 tournaments this autumn?

He's good enough to play with the U-20, it's better to play against tougher/bigger/older opponents. U-20 always takes precedence over U-18 in Finland before the U-20 WJC.

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
Goalies:
Joonas Korpisalo, Jokerit
Juuse Saros, HPK

Defensemen:
Julius Honka, JYP
Olli Määttä, London Knights
Ville Pokka, Kärpät
Rasmus Ristolainen, TPS
Santeri Saari, Jokerit
Niklas Tikkinen, Blues
Juuso Vainio, HPK
Mikko Vainonen, Nashville

Forwards:
Henrik Haapala, Tappara
Henri Ikonen, Kingston
Juuso Ikonen, Blues
Kasperi Kapanen, KalPa
Rasmus Kulmala, TPS
Artturi Lehkonen, KalPa
Ville Leskinen, Kärpät
Samu Markkula, JYP
Aleksi Mustonen, Jokerit
Saku Mäenalainen, Kärpät
Joni Nikko, Lukko
Topi Nättinen, JYP
Saku Salminen, Jokerit
Teuvo Teräväinen, Jokerit

Why isnt aleksi saarela on the roaster?

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far
Why isnt aleksi saarela on the roaster?
It's not a big surprise that Saarela didn't make the roster at this point. When guys like Granlund, Määttä and Barkov made the U20 team as 16-year-old's, they weren't with the team this early either. If Saarela develops well and gets a proper role in SM-liiga, he should have a good chance of making the WJC team in December. Let's see how it goes, he still needs to prove himself.

Reento

Oct 20, 2011
Lehkonen-Teräväinen-Haapala
Kapanen-H.Ikonen-J.Ikonen
Kulmala-Saarela-Mustonen
V.V Leskinen-Salminen-Mäenalainen
Rutanen
Rantanen

Määttä-Pokka
Tikkinen-Vainio
Vainonen-Honka
Lindell

Saros
Korpisalo
Juvonen

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
Its getting close, pretty exited actually! Kapanen will be a beast! Hope he gets a chance to play with lehkonen and teräväinen.

When is the release for ivan hlinka roster, is there a tread for team finland @ ivan hlinka 2013? Cant find anyone :/. Is Puljujärvi to young or what is hes chances to play in that turney?

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
Its getting close, pretty exited actually! Kapanen will be a beast! Hope he gets a chance to play with lehkonen and teräväinen.

When is the release for ivan hlinka roster, is there a tread for team finland @ ivan hlinka 2013? Cant find anyone :/. Is Puljujärvi to young or what is hes chances to play in that turney?

I don't think he's in any discussions for the Hlinka team yet, he hasn't had time to prove himself at that level yet. If the season goes well and he gets a big role in jr.A he might be on the u-18 WJC team.

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
I don't think he's in any discussions for the Hlinka team yet, he hasn't had time to prove himself at that level yet. If the season goes well and he gets a big role in jr.A he might be on the u-18 WJC team.

Okey:) how is it about saarela then? 100% ready?

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far
Okey:) how is it about saarela then? 100% ready?

I don't know the reason, but from the looks of it Saarela won't be participating to the Hlinka tournament.

If not for the infection in his arm he would likely have played at the WU18C's already this past spring, so I'd say that he has the skills to play with the U18 team.

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
I don't know the reason, but from the looks of it Saarela won't be participating to the Hlinka tournament.

If not for the infection in his arm he would likely have played at the WU18C's already this past spring, so I'd say that he has the skills to play with the U18 team.

Okey, realy sad to hear.. ****!!!

Killerinstinct

Dec 19, 2012
Aleksi Saarela is getting decent chance to prove he´s ready to take big role on Lukko next season. Maybe at least second line center in these games, if succesful.

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
Anyone here who got the chans to watch any games from lake placid? Who was the third forward with lehkonen and teräväinen? Maybe the best line of the tournament?

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
Anyone here who got the chans to watch any games from lake placid? Who was the third forward with lehkonen and teräväinen? Maybe the best line of the tournament?

I didn't watch all games, but Kapanen played the first game on the 1st line, and later Leskinen was switched to his place. I don't know if they tried other combinations. Neither Kapanen or Leskinen really shined, it was all Lehkonen and Teräväinen.

Killerinstinct

Dec 19, 2012
He played wing at Pitsiturnaus.

Dufva is going to give Saarela top6 minutes and only playing as a wing he gets that, because Lukko has Zalewski and Uusikartano as top6 centers.
In national team i believe he plays center.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012

I only saw a couple of games, but I thought there was a lot to like about Kapanen's game too, despite him not scoring much. In some situations it seemed that Teräväinen either chose to feed Lehkonen or go for it himself instead of passing to Kapanen who was at times positioned very well.

In the games I saw, I thought Määttä was rather impressive. He was willing to join the rush and did so without neglecting his defensive duties. His skating stride looks a little strange, but he's still fast enough. Saw some good things from Pokka as well. Everyone else from the blue line should work on their defense very hard.

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
Anyone who knows anything about the 4 team tourney coming up at the end of this month? I saw it is in rovaniemi? Its like 2 hours drive for me but what Ive learned its that no country is going in with not even close the best roster? Anyone who have de finnish roster in their hands? And do anyone know what the entryprice will be at those games? Schedule maybe?.. Greatful for answers!

Last edited:

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
I only saw a couple of games, but I thought there was a lot to like about Kapanen's game too, despite him not scoring much. In some situations it seemed that Teräväinen either chose to feed Lehkonen or go for it himself instead of passing to Kapanen who was at times positioned very well.

In the games I saw, I thought Määttä was rather impressive. He was willing to join the rush and did so without neglecting his defensive duties. His skating stride looks a little strange, but he's still fast enough. Saw some good things from Pokka as well. Everyone else from the blue line should work on their defense very hard.

Okey, thanks! Great info

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
I think that Finland played well on lake placid. We usually get beaten by big numbers in this tournament. But in most games we controlled the game and gave hard competitive game against top countries. With this slim material i think that Karri Kivi has big impact on that. I'm so excited that we finally have excellent coach in juniors for many years. If Kivi has some success then i believe that he should be our next head coach for NT team. Similar way as Pär Mårts in Sweden.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad