WC: Team Denmark 2019 roster talk

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
I would like to get answers from Danes to this :) It's not a yes/no question, explain us details. If you work in office is there talking about WC games for example? Anyone watch NHL games since you have couple of good players there?

I'm a german guy working in Denmark, and the answer is no.
If you ask 10 ppl at your working place who Nikolaj Ehlers is, 0,5 ppl will know his name. However, 8 out of 10 ppl will know Mikkel Hansen.

Reactions: stastny12

Great99

Apr 12, 2016
I would like to get answers from Danes to this :) It's not a yes/no question, explain us details. If you work in office is there talking about WC games for example? Anyone watch NHL games since you have couple of good players there?

I am Danish , i will say it that way , those cities that have Hockey arenas its very popular next after football close to handball , the problem is that there is too many cities that don't have a rink , while every little village have handball/Badminton etc

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
I am Danish , i will say it that way , those cities that have Hockey arenas its very popular next after football close to handball , the problem is that there is too many cities that don't have a rink , while every little village have handball/Badminton etc
and btw, do you have NHL games in your sport news?

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
I'm a german guy working in Denmark, and the answer is no.
If you ask 10 ppl at your working place who Nikolaj Ehlers is, 0,5 ppl will know his name. However, 8 out of 10 ppl will know Mikkel Hansen.
And that half one is your German colleague, former Hockey player, right? :D

Reactions: Retroglyphs

hn777

Apr 22, 2019
Goalie Frederik Andersen will not play in the Worlds due to a groin injury according to danish media.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen

I watch some games whenever there are an early game sunday night (sunday afternoon for you).

WC has been something that ppl have started to talk about more and more over the years.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Is hockey a big thing in DK? I am just curious

Its growing. The amount of players in total reached 5k for the first time ever last year and new rinks are underway in new cities. Not many, but every little helps.

Spectator-wise it is the second or third largest sport. On TV not so much, but thats because the major networks neglect the sport.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Denmark lost against Norway 4-3 in OT after being behind 3-0 before third period.

In other news Jannik Hansen retires from hockey.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Ehlers and Eller are difference makers for this team. They provide the energy that is needed to avoid relegation and score the necessary points vs. Team Great Britain, Team France and Team Germany. Slightly optimistic that both will join.

Reactions: hn777

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
Denmark lost against Norway 4-3 in OT after being behind 3-0 before third period.

In other news Jannik Hansen retires from hockey.
Really? Like it was yesterday when I read about him in ProHockey that he belongs between the best young NHL prospects. Together with Mikkel Boedker.

Btw, what do you think about upcoming WC? Will Denmark surprise a hockey world with some upsets?

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Btw, what do you think about upcoming WC? Will Denmark surprise a hockey world with some upsets?

A lot depends on having Ehlers, Eller, True and Russell hold some of the lesser experienced younger guys and the Morten Madsen-types of players off the roster.

In the offense, veterans like Bødker, Regin, N.Jensen and Storm need to step up their game. It will be interesting to watch the talented young trio Blichfeld, From and Røndbjerg.

Compared to the top teams, the defense is below average, but that's nothing new. Team Germany, Team France & Team Great Britain don't impress either with their defenders. At least everyone's there, including veteran Markus Lauridsen. Also, both Bruggisser and Nicholas B. Jensen had good seasons offensively in the DEL - they are capable to drill one in from the blue line.

In goal, the team has a quite decent duo with Dahm&Galbraith, who are better than the goalies of Team France and Team Great Britain. I thought it was a good idea to not nominate backup George Sørensen, as he's just too small for a goaltender.

I doubt this team will be able to surprise any of the bigger nations USA, Finland, Canada, including the Slovaks on home ice, but they'll stay in the A-group.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad