WJC: Team Canada to use artificial light to deal with the "24 hours of darkness" in Ufa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
1i4HGu-oK6o.jpg

:sarcasm:

A lot of Europeans go by the generalization that most North Americans are dumb... I can't imagine what they think after this....

:facepalm:

Sigh

At half mast
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
www.galenwestonjr.ca
A lot of Europeans go by the generalization that most North Americans are dumb... I can't imagine what they think after this....

Well, most people are dumb, even the glorious "Europeans".

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
-George Carlin

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen

That seems fine to me. The embarrassing part was the coaches interview about it being 24 hours of darkness and really giving the impression that he was entirely clueless.

XO

Nov 4, 2009
Of course they don't! It's roughly on the same latitude as Edmonton and I doubt they were fussing around with lamps last year.

The whole thing is so over the top and ignorant that I found it funny. But I love it though, brings back that whole Cold War mentality back a bit. Going deep into unknown heartland Russia, equipped with Kraft dinner and lamps!

Oh my god, this is legendary :laugh:

Nash

Jul 23, 2004
Vancouver

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
-George Carlin

Ha ha...great quote.

The stupidity is in what Spott said, and not in the science of adjusting your circadian clock. The idea behind the lights is sound science. It has nothing to do with sunrise or sunset. Laugh at Spott, but Hockey Canada should be spared the scrutiny.

Robin Hood

Aug 28, 2007
Copenhagen
I find the comment funnier than actually using the lamps. This could have been adressed in a much more clever way :laugh:

And can we please stop making this about NA vs. Europe. It's getting boring. A European coach could have done/said the same.

Last edited:

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
....Am I blind or is it sunny outside? Why the hell are they using those when its a sunny day?

Different kind of light,I'm guessing.Or perhaps they need more light and it's about a billion below.

That and they want to avoid the unshielded sun rays that hit that place without the ozone layer.Artificial light keeps them ready to turn on their Wii U's and bask in the glow of those.;)

LSnow

Jan 5, 2012
Finland

-George Carlin

Would be a great quote if Carlin himself weren't such a idiot.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Different kind of light,I'm guessing.Or perhaps they need more light and it's about a billion below.

That and they want to avoid the unshielded sun rays that hit that place without the ozone layer.Artificial light keeps them ready to turn on their Wii U's and bask in the glow of those.;)

They'd have to eat breakfast outside, and it is kind of cold.

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
I can understand bringing in loads of easymac. If you have a pre game meal no reason why that should be a knock on them.

Lamps on the other hand is just a bit weird.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Would be a great quote if Carlin himself weren't such a idiot.

First you go out of your way to bash one of the realest mind not scared to speak the truth. Then you cannot even use the right tense with your use of "weren't". Since he has passed on on to the sun to await Joe Pesci you could've atleast used "wasn't". I'm sorry for you that his message was blocked by whatever you've been brainwashed from birth by. Good day

Vladiator16*

Again, I am thinking its the whole cloud cover thing, not hours of sunlight. I've never been to Ufa, but if there is as much cloud cover as they say, it sounds like it could get kids who are away from home for christmas a bit down. or atleast thats what HC might be thinking.

I commend them for wanting to give the kids the best, even if I don't agree with the method.

Wow... For being stereotyped as tough canadians, you sure do paint a different picture... sounds like bunch of sissies... "cloud cover", "no Christmas", "no English"... and how do you think all those soft euros deal with it when they come to Canada?

Swedes and Finns are probably laughing their ***** off...

craigcaulks*

Wow... For being stereotyped as tough canadians, you sure do paint a different picture... sounds like bunch of sissies... "cloud cover", "no Christmas", "no English"... and how do you think all those soft euros deal with it when they come to Canada?

Swedes and Finns are probably laughing their ***** off...

The world will always be full of anything new.

domon

Apr 14, 2012
What's with the collars the whole team is wearing? To ward off the communist energy waves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad