WJC: Team Canada to use artificial light to deal with the "24 hours of darkness" in Ufa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulcrum

tehehe. well McD's actually isn't a bad thing to eat (preferably combined with fruit or vegetable) after extended physical activity...loaded with carbs and protein for recovery.

?? overloaded with sodium trans and saturated fats, msg and preservatives that can put an animal out... ye not bad at all. Not to mention all the bad sugar in coke

cloak

Dec 30, 2011
?? overloaded with sodium trans and saturated fats, msg and preservatives that can put an animal out... ye not bad at all. Not to mention all the bad sugar in coke

the saturated, trans, msg is negligible. sodium is prioritized in gatorade for recovery. i'm not talking about fast food as a lifestyle, but it's undeniable that it can do good things for a body following physical stress.

"healthy food" is more important as a primer.

c9gunner

Dec 24, 2011
I guess some people are just ignorant. I realize that ignorance is bliss, but even if these lamps help just a bit, they are still worth using.

Litebook_Elite_4e77ad0c70db3_150x150.jpg

"Experience the proven beneficial light wavelengths ......, which have helped tens of thousands of people in 50+ countries win their battle with problems ranging from fatigue and low mood to poor sleep and carbohydrate cravings...all with only 15-30 minutes of use per day"

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Nugent-Hopkins is just pampered and extremely high maintence. He probably wouldn't even play for team canada if he didnt get his way.

Nuge is a real piece of crap, he's an embarrassment to his country and the sport of hockey.

Last edited by a moderator:

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
"Experience the proven beneficial light wavelengths ......, which have helped tens of thousands of people in 50+ countries win their battle with problems ranging from fatigue and low mood to poor sleep and carbohydrate cravings...all with only 15-30 minutes of use per day"

I see, how's your lamp-selling business going?
This week starts loaded with foreign Russians willing to educate everyone around :laugh:

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
the saturated, trans, msg is negligible. sodium is prioritized in gatorade for recovery. i'm not talking about fast food as a lifestyle, but it's undeniable that it can do good things for a body following physical stress.

"healthy food" is more important as a primer.
Agreed. Plus, there's nothing unhealthy about saturated fats and sugar. The only unhealthy thing there are trans fats, but as far as I know McDonald's cut them out in their chains, as well, switching to a different kind of oil. Personally, I don't eat there, but there's nothing unhealthy about if you don't go to the extreme of only eating there, and incorporate it into your overall diet that's sensible. Like cloak said, add veggies and fruits, and you're golden.
Haha, yeah, I'm sure they've proven how they helped with carbohydrate cravings :laugh: I don't care much about whether they're using them or not, but it is funny and you can't really say otherwise. Plus, you'll never know whether they helped or not, because there's no control group, so all we'll be left with are memories, laughing about it for years to come. If they win, it won't be because of the lights, and if they lose, you also can't say the lights didn't help, because you don't know how they'd do without them.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
You guys realize that these are tanning lamps to ensure a full and even tan for photo ops like the kind you have after a gold metal win.

Now before you all go crazy about another arrogant Canadian hockey fan it's a joke. :p:

Think it should be a great tournament with Canada, Russia, Finland and the USA all having a shot at the gold.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Haha, yeah, I'm sure they've proven how they helped with carbohydrate cravings :laugh: I don't care much about whether they're using them or not, but it is funny and you can't really say otherwise. Plus, you'll never know whether they helped or not, because there's no control group, so all we'll be left with are memories, laughing about it for years to come. If they win, it won't be because of the lights, and if they lose, you also can't say the lights didn't help, because you don't know how they'd do without them.

This. I am a little embarrassed, but it is pretty funny. If it helps great, if not it cost Hockey Canada a couple hundred bucks for funny lights.

I think next year we should try blasting some Bieber everywhere they go to boost their spirits and remind them of home.

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
I second that. If it helps it’s worth it. If it doesn’t – not a big deal.

Exactly. High morale is like having an extra man on a team.

And it's not like it's a crazy idea, NASA is providing similar things on their space shuttles now to help astronauts. Sure there may be 5-8 hours of sunlight (if it's not cloudy), but that's not optimal, so why not try and see if it works? People just like to patronize and criticize :P

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Not at all. People used to laugh at teams bringing their own cooks and massage therapists. Nowadays is a common practice.

Exactly. With the science that muscle renewal and nutrition has become, it's not ridiculous to have your own RMT and chef for the team.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Where are the sunglasses? It's pretty hard to eat with all the brightness. They should also try some artificial discipline or artificial penalty kill to survive with the referees.

Spinkis

Dec 26, 2011
Maybe it's the lamps that makes them super aggressive and take stupid penalties, they have too much energy!:sarcasm:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
When did Ryan Nugent-Hopkins become a criminal? Holy crap, Canada gets a player with NHL experience, #1 overall pick no less, and it's like the plague has descended Team Canada. Any other country would kill to get a guy like this on their team.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
When did Ryan Nugent-Hopkins become a criminal? Holy crap, Canada gets a player with NHL experience, #1 overall pick no less, and it's like the plague has descended Team Canada. Any other country would kill to get a guy like this on their team.

It's only a select few thickheaded Canadian fans. Its ridiculous really.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
yeah it may seem kind of goofy, but honestly - Steve Spott's kind of dumb comment aside - it's not a bad idea at all.

I use one of those lights at my house (it's a slightly bigger, blue one though) and have it on for 15 minutes every morning while I eat breakfast and sometimes in the evening too. I was recommended to use this by both my family doctor and my psychologist (been battling depression, particularly seasonal depression for many years now). In the past two years I've been using it I can honestly say it's been a help ontop of everything else of course.

I live in Edmonton and from about November to February it get's dark quite early. We do get lots of sun and it's great during the days but the "problem" is in the mornings and very early evenings. It can wear on you a bit.

If Team Canada thinks this will help them adjust/recover, it's no joke after all, then good on them.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
On December 26th, Ufa will get 7 hours and 15 minutes of daylight. Edmonton, for comparison, will get 7 hours and 29 minutes. What the **** is Hockey Canada going on about?:laugh:

Spott apparently hasn't ever used google maps. However, living in Edmonton I can say that I would definitely go for a tanning bed right about now. 7 hours of sunlight is ridiculous. I'm moving to California.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad