WC: Team Canada Roster Thread 2021

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Any haters looking to jump back on the wagon?
upload_2021-6-3_16-44-31.png

If you're looking for Canadian HF fans.. they are too busy talking about the best on best 2022 roster and next World Junior team. Should Marner play or not?lol

More posts there for tournaments that are over half a year away than for this one literally happening. And this thread has been filled with fans saying they're not watching becuase the team doesn't have 'insert a best on best guy'.

Attachments

• upload_2021-6-3_16-43-49.png
    upload_2021-6-3_16-43-49.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 5

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
Gotta give the boys a ton of credit much more talented Team Canada's in the past have came to this tournament and lost in the quarters but these boys will get further than them

Mainiac

May 15, 2021
Considering how green the D-core is, holding ROC to a single goal is pretty good. Kuemper played well but it wasn't a shooting gallery either.

I like the day off so they can get focused for the rematch with team USA.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Having watched Stecher this year with Detroit, I'd have to guess that's the play of his life. Should be replayed on TSN 1v1 for a while. Good to see those guys get a full slate of games after going over there, a little luck and some hard work and they get rewarded. Very pleased to hear that Power was selected as player of the game too.

Reactions: therealdeal

Mainiac

May 15, 2021
Great story for Henrique, Brown & Mangiopone. Those guys will never make an Olympic roster & not even the best players on their own teams but they've been thrown together here and are having a really good run. Those 3 have, if you'll pardon a cliche, carried the team on their backs into the medal round.

Reactions: Altimus

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
View attachment 442853

If you're looking for Canadian HF fans.. they are too busy talking about the best on best 2022 roster and next World Junior team. Should Marner play or not?lol

More posts there for tournaments that are over half a year away than for this one literally happening. And this thread has been filled with fans saying they're not watching becuase the team doesn't have 'insert a best on best guy'.

To me, Team Canada is Team Canada, there rarely is a "best on best". The 2016 World Cup of Hockey was not "best on best". The final GMG vs. Sweden in 2014 wasn't entirely "best on best" as they lost Backstrom for the dumbest reason. It's just "better vs better" for the most part. Sure I'd take much more seriously 2022 results than any WCs if NHL players went, but it's still a rough barometer of how the teams and nations are doing, better than nothing.

Reactions: Tmu84

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
He looked very composed to me. I'm not sure he has the upper end skill level that a typical #1 pick normally has but I can envision him as the type of defenseman that plays 15+ years, doesn't make many mistakes, and can play in all situations.

Yeah, I’m thinking Marc Staal-ish.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
The Stecher/Mangiapane goal is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen in the 18 years I've been following hockey. Amazing. "WHAT A ****ING GOAL!" was my reaction to it, and I've might get my friend evicted from his apartment because of how loud it came out.

Last edited:

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
What are Canadians thoughts on Gabe Vilardi? When I saw the roster, I expected him to be one of the leading offensive players for Canada, but he has only scored 1 assist so far and he has been pretty invisible in the Canada games I've seen.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
For a country that "struggles on the big ice" Canada has now made the finals in 5 of the last 6 championships.:rolleyes:

Go Canada go
Oh that crap is just rubbish, more time to adjust? sure, always struggles?...............just straight baloney. Amazing that foolishness still persists today.

Reactions: TheBigFour

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
We had that awful 5 year run from 2010-2014, it was frustrating as a TC fan. I knew we didn’t send A or B teams but those rosters should be doing much better based on the players we sent, it’s still the second strongest senior men’s tournament after the unreliable OGs. Now it seems we are always in the medal rounds regardless of who goes

Reactions: jj cale

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
How does Mario F look? I loved him for SJS this year. Calm and cool D and could be a good first pair player some day.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
How does Mario F look? I loved him for SJS this year. Calm and cool D and could be a good first pair player some day.

He’s logged pretty big minutes for Canada, I think during the broadcast they said he’s averaging the most time on ice for Canada.

Reactions: Kaner9

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I saw the second period of the game and Canada looked better than USA. Definitely more cohesive than in the Latvia game for instance. They have taken advantage of the fortunate bounces in qualifying for the elimination games and good on them. When you think about some of the significantly more talented rosters that achieved worse results (think back to the 2012 and 2013 teams for example) it's good to see motivated players get rewarded.

Reactions: snipes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I saw the second period of the game and Canada looked better than USA. Definitely more cohesive than in the Latvia game for instance. They have taken advantage of the fortunate bounces in qualifying for the elimination games and good on them. When you think about some of the significantly more talented rosters that achieved worse results (think back to the 2012 and 2013 teams for example) it's good to see motivated players get rewarded.

Nothing like being told they’re the underdogs.

We’ll be the underdogs again going into the Gold. Let’s keep it rolling baby.

Gold Canada Gold!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad