Boston Bruins
(OR)

Marchard (L) Hall (L)
Bergeron (C) Debrusk (L)

New York Rangers

R. Strome (C)
Lagreniere (L)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Some of those teams are "officially eliminated", but, at this point they're all but mathematically eliminated.

The bubble teams are battling for a final spot in their division. So, you'll get the options from one of those two teams in each division prior to the playoffs of play-in or whatever.

I left off some that we know aren't coming based on historical trends, Doughty, Giordano, etc.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I noticed this story last week:

Ottawa Senators defenceman Thomas Chabot open to playing for Team Canada at IIHF Worlds - TSN.ca

Chabot would be a really nice add. He's spoken very positively about international hockey before and clearly he's one of Canada's best young defencemen. There is also a link within that story to some names that Dreger threw out:

Insider Trading: What is Zach Hyman worth as a UFA? - TSN.ca

Now it's only Dreger so keep that in mind.

I think that this year, even more than usual, you go for young guys unless a legitimate Olympic hopeful is open to going. I doubt that older players, or those with a wife or kids, will accept for the most part anyway.

Assuming New York doesn't make it I'd really like to see Lafreniere there. Chychrun as well if Arizona misses the playoffs.

Reactions: Dominance

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Based on the current standings, this is how our roster options look:

Eliminated TeamForwardsDefense
Calgary FlamesMangiapani (L)
Dube (C)
Vancouver CanucksHorvat (C)
Pearson (L)
Myers
Ottawa SenatorsBrown (R)Chabot
Chicago BlackhawksDach (C)
Strome (C)
Keith
De Haan
Detroit Red WingsFabbri (C)M. Staal
Columbus Blue JacketsDomi (C)
Jenner
Del Zotto
Philadelphia FlyersGiroux (R) Konecny (R)
Couturier (C) Laughton (C)
Sanheim
New Jersey DevilsPK Suban Severson
Murray
Buffalo SabersReinhart (C)
Cozens (L)
Montour
San Jose SharksKane (L)
Couture (C)
Burns
Vlasic
Los Angeles KingsAthanasiou (C)
Anaheim DucksComtois (L) Getzlaf (C)
Henrique (C)
Drysdale
Manson
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Bubble Team (OR)ForwardsDefense
St. Louis Blues
(OR)
Perron (L) Schenn (C)
O’Reilly (C) Hoffman (C)
Kyrou (C) Schwartz (L)
Parayko Dunn
Scandella
Arizona CoyotesBrassard (C)Demers
Nashville Predators (OR)Duchene (C)
Johansen (C)
Ellis
Fabbro
Dallas StarsBenn (L) Cogliano (C)
Seguin (C)
Oleksiak
Boston Bruins
(OR)
Marchard (L) Hall (L)
Bergeron (C) Debrusk (L)
New York RangersR. Strome (C)
Lagreniere (L)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Some of those teams are "officially eliminated", but, at this point they're all but mathematically eliminated.

The bubble teams are battling for a final spot in their division. So, you'll get the options from one of those two teams in each division prior to the playoffs of play-in or whatever.

I left off some that we know aren't coming based on historical trends, Doughty, Giordano, etc.

Just curious why you would leave Drake Batherson off potential players available for the roster? elite young player fits the bill. Him and Chabot are the two Sens I'd be going after if I were Roberto I'm not here to pump his tires Luongo.

Reactions: Get North

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
I noticed this story last week:

Ottawa Senators defenceman Thomas Chabot open to playing for Team Canada at IIHF Worlds - TSN.ca

Chabot would be a really nice add. He's spoken very positively about international hockey before and clearly he's one of Canada's best young defencemen. There is also a link within that story to some names that Dreger threw out:

Insider Trading: What is Zach Hyman worth as a UFA? - TSN.ca

Now it's only Dreger so keep that in mind.

I think that this year, even more than usual, you go for young guys unless a legitimate Olympic hopeful is open to going. I doubt that older players, or those with a wife or kids, will accept for the most part anyway.

Assuming New York doesn't make it I'd really like to see Lafreniere there. Chychrun as well if Arizona misses the playoffs.

I think we should take a draft eligible player as well. Owen Power paired with Jamie Drysdale.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I think we should take a draft eligible player as well. Owen Power paired with Jamie Drysdale.

I agree, I'd like to see both there. They probably should have been a pairing at the WJC but alas. Drysdale has been quite good for Anaheim, which doesn't really shock me.

Reactions: Dominance

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
I agree, I'd like to see both there. They probably should have been a pairing at the WJC but alas. Drysdale has been quite good for Anaheim, which doesn't really shock me.

He's been quite good. Quite impressed. I've tuned into Anaheim games just to check follow his progress.

Anyway, that D-paring is a preview to my roster wishes I'll post on Saturday morning with my maple bacon and eggs.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Just curious why you would leave Drake Batherson off potential players available for the roster? elite young player fits the bill. Him and Chabot are the two Sens I'd be going after if I were Roberto I'm not here to pump his tires Luongo.

So I just used NHL.com and birth nationality, so it’s probably because he wasn’t born in Canada, there are probably some other missed as a result of this.

I think he would be a good add depending on who we can get ahead of him. It’s great to have some enthusiasm but you don’t want a team that’s average age is 22. That being said, it might be what we have this year!

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
There is a couple of good u20 players in AHL that could be interesting for this team.

Seth Jarvis, Philip Tomasino, Cole Perfetti, Qutinon Byfield etc.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Doughty and Getlzaf should play to try to join Triple Gold Club with IIHF WC gold medal.

Doughty has had about 10 years of opportunities at joining the Triple Gold Club. Not sure why all of a sudden it would be important to him now. He has never had any interest in playing in the springtime IIHF tournament always preferring playing ping ping with his homies in May than playing hockey.

And Getzlaf had his shot at it on 2011...maybe he should have stayed out of the bars and concentrated on winning a hockey game.

Oh, and by the way. The Triple Gold Club isn't really a thing....it's just some made up IIHF nonsense.

Johnny Tomala

Jan 24, 2017
Still Doughty and Getzlaf aren't winning Stanley Cup anytime soon, Getzlaf won't be at Olympics team and Doughty isn't a lock to make it, so they should play at IIHF WC to represent Canada maybe for the last time in their career.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I would be pleased to see Doughty there, but I wouldn't expect it given his history. Getzlaf doesn't really have a future internationally so I don't see much value there. I'd also be quite shocked if he returned after the shenanigans at his last IIHF WC tournament.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Teams are reaching the 50 game mark out of a 56 game season. Looking at the end of the NHL schedule (May 19th) and start of World Championship tournament (May 21), it leads me to believe the Canadian roster will be from non-playoff teams only.

Highly unlikely we get 1st round exits but I could be wrong.

Lafreniere-Horvat-Konecny
Strome-Dach-Strome
Domi-Monahan-Batherson (RFA)
Mangiapane-Cozens-Brown
Reinhart + Bertuzzi (RFAs)

Chychurn-Drysdale
Chabot-Severson
Smith-Fleury

Hart (RFA)
Holtby
Kuemper

I wonder if any veterans decide to join the team in Latvia. Most of them are under contract like Kane, Couture, Doughty, Subban, Giroux, Couturier.

Lots of young kids that are RFAs, I believe most of them try to avoid injury during contract negotiations. That means Batherson, Reinhart, etc could stick home.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Teams are reaching the 50 game mark out of a 56 game season. Looking at the end of the NHL schedule (May 19th) and start of World Championship tournament (May 21), it leads me to believe the Canadian roster will be from non-playoff teams only.

Highly unlikely we get 1st round exits but I could be wrong.

Lafreniere-Horvat-Konecny
Strome-Dach-Strome
Domi-Monahan-Batherson (RFA)
Mangiapane-Cozens-Brown
Reinhart + Bertuzzi (RFAs)

Chychurn-Drysdale
Chabot-Severson
Smith-Fleury

Hart (RFA)
Holtby
Kuemper

I wonder if any veterans decide to join the team in Latvia. Most of them are under contract like Kane, Couture, Doughty, Subban, Giroux, Couturier.

Lots of young kids that are RFAs, I believe most of them try to avoid injury during contract negotiations. That means Batherson, Reinhart, etc could stick home.

yeah, I think the best thing to do is find 25 willing participants from teams that do not qualify for playoffs and forgo leaving open roster spots for late additions.

And I know it's going to be slim pickings this year, but I'd still try to avoid having a Strome on the team, let alone two. ouch. a disaster in the making. Not a fan of the Strome brothers....any of them.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Terrible news..Canada will probably have a very weak squad...

It is what it is. I don’t think anyone is going to have a strong team this year. Hopefully we get some young talent from the NHL. Either way, it’s all just for fun anyways.

RAlfie35

Apr 8, 2019
The only Flyers players that I can see joining the team are Carter Hart and Philippe Myers. Potentially Travis Sanheim although he is an RFA. Giroux and Couturier will likely opt out as they have small kids at home (and Giroux expecting another) and Konecny has a baby on the way.

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
The only Flyers players that I can see joining the team are Carter Hart and Philippe Myers. Potentially Travis Sanheim although he is an RFA. Giroux and Couturier will likely opt out as they have small kids at home (and Giroux expecting another) and Konecny has a baby on the way.

Hart is injured and dropped out until the end of the season, no one will let him go to the national team.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Terrible news..Canada will probably have a very weak squad...
I didn't expect the first player reported to the team be from overseas. Guys like Doughty, Burns, Vlasic could use it as an opportunity to show they deserve an invite to the Olympic camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad