Team Branding Thread (Logo, Colors, Uniforms, etc.)

What should the Seattle NHL franchise be called?

• Total voters

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I'd like for a team to use yellow or light green as an away jersey colour. Everyone has white as their light road jersey, but the league could do with variation.

Obviously the Predators use yellow as their dark for some reason, so Seattle would need to flip to home colours when playing down there.

OVG/Team owners already said no to green/yellow those are NBA sonics colors and being reserved for such when the NBA team returns.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Whales would be interesting. Make it blue and green, and play Brass Bonanza. Washington Whales.

Btw, have they decided the team will take it's name from the city and not the state? Because using Washington, as they have every right to use, would create an interesting dynamic.

Reactions: Sieve77

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I expect the Sockeyes

Seattle-Sockeyes.jpg

I like this version a bit better:

Seattle-Kraken-Uniforms-590x332.jpg

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Whales would be interesting. Make it blue and green, and play Brass Bonanza. Washington Whales.

Btw, have they decided the team will take it's name from the city and not the state? Because using Washington, as they have every right to use, would create an interesting dynamic.
I can't see them using Washington, but not because of DC. Usually, teams will do that to attract fans from all over the state/region because there's a second city or a lot of population outside of their metro area. People in Washington state are already used to rooting for Seattle teams, so I don't really see a need.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..

Would only make sense if the Canucks move on from the orca logo imo. It would be weird to have rivals with logos both being whales.

Reactions: Vilam

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
We have a binding contract and you must now die

Disclaimer: this is a joke and I’m not actually going to kill Hf board user Periferal

I always enjoyed in courtrooms how someone would say something incriminating, an attorney would protest, and the judge would say, "Strike that from the record." Like a jury could unhear, "Yeah - I killed her."

Reactions: ecemleafs

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Good news is that if they go with Kraken they won't encounter any lawsuits.

#VegasKnights

Puckrobber

Backup Netminder
Feb 28, 2016
Central Oklahoma
Yes, we have a Washington Wild girls team for ladies under 20, so, don't read too much into the jersey. Besides, I can't see Seattle's team going for colors like that. Wouldn't be natural.

I'm betting there will be green & blue as some of the primary colors. Sorry 'Nuck fans.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
Why not the Seattle Wolves? The PNW has an increasing wolf population. Plus Washington is home to a couple of wild life sanctuaries that house some of the packs. Plus, technically, the NBA team in Minnesota are the TimberWolves. I know there is an AHL team that shares the name but.. wth cares? lol

GuthrieGovan

Feb 26, 2018
Not a big fan of any of them, but for some reason "Sockeyes" is the least terrible out of the line up imo.

Rainiers isn't bad either.

Last edited:
Reactions: larrypacman8167

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad