Team Branding Thread (Logo, Colors, Uniforms, etc.)

What should the Seattle NHL franchise be called?

• Total voters

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph
Alternate..Seattle is on Puget Sound so...Seattle Sounders

Or

In the OHL, the Owen Sound team is the Attack...so Seattle Attack with a bear or cougar mascot! Phonetically it has the alliterative repetition of the "att" sound.

Quonis

Jan 3, 2015
Copenhagen
The Kraken is usually associated with the Atlantic Ocean. If they’re going with the marine life thing, I would expect them to choose something more local?

Quonis

Jan 3, 2015
Copenhagen
7B8513C0-4E40-496D-82B3-3306B5FAA582.png
Alternate..Seattle is on Puget Sound so...Seattle Sounders
Yeah, that’s not going to happen. Name is already taken by the MLS team.

Reactions: Ratelleitlikeitis

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Rainiers is still the best. And actually has something to do with Seattle/Washington, unlike stupid stuff like Kraken.

My suggestion is the Washington Capitalists. And have Bill Gates be their mascot.

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph
Sunday afternoon, Terry Bradshaw called the Houston Texans the Houston Oilers. An easy slip up for him to make as the Steelers beat the Oilers many times.

Always cheered for Dan Pastorini, Earl Campbell, Billy " white shoes" , Ken Burroughs,Robert Brazile and Bum in those match ups.

Last edited:

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph
Rainiers is still the best. And actually has something to do with Seattle/Washington, unlike stupid stuff like Kraken.

My suggestion is the Washington Capitalists. And have Bill Gates be their mascot.

Cool mountain, not so fond as a name. Sounds like a soap opera family " the Rainiers".

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph
Seattle Tsunami...sounds nice, logo possibilities, and no one wants to see one of them appear. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing though.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
The Kraken is usually associated with the Atlantic Ocean. If they’re going with the marine life thing, I would expect them to choose something more local?

How is a fictional monster from Clash of the Titans associated with any actual ocean?

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
I'd like for a team to use yellow or light green as an away jersey colour. Everyone has white as their light road jersey, but the league could do with variation.

Obviously the Predators use yellow as their dark for some reason, so Seattle would need to flip to home colours when playing down there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad