Team Branding Thread (Logo, Colors, Uniforms, etc.)

What should the Seattle NHL franchise be called?

• Total voters

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Why not the Seattle Wolves? The PNW has an increasing wolf population. Plus Washington is home to a couple of wild life sanctuaries that house some of the packs. Plus, technically, the NBA team in Minnesota are the TimberWolves. I know there is an AHL team that shares the name but.. wth cares? lol

SeaWolves are taken. They are our major league rugby team.

GuthrieGovan

Feb 26, 2018
I expect the Sockeyes

Seattle-Sockeyes.jpg
I like it.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Steelheads
Wake
Surge
Thunderbirds
Chinook
Admirals
Sea Wolves
Fleet
Sentinels
Ascent
Evergreens
Boomers
Emeralds
Leviathans

Last edited:

Riposte!

Jan 25, 2006
Seattle
Metropolitans (or Mets or Metros, there are options) is the only reasonable choice. Get to hoist a 1917 Stanley Cup Champions banner on opening night. It's perfect.

Reactions: SunDancer

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
The old WHL name, Totems! Also honor Guyle Fielder, the greatest American born hockey player!

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Considering Kraken and Sockeye are probably 2 of my least favourites on the whole list, I feel like I’m going to be in the minority.

I’m liking Rainiers, Renegades, Emeralds, and Totems.

Reactions: SotasicA

Cacciaguida

Jan 11, 2010
Ottawa
I don't see why the hockey and basketball teams can't share the same colour schemes. It would tie the two together.

I guess I'm used to it seeing Pittsburgh in black and yellow, Ottawa in red and black and Baltimore in orange and black.

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
Seals, Emeralds, Evergreens...………...those are the best choices IMO. The other names and color schemes I don't like.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Derivative of Chicago but I don't hate it.

Green/Blue is tough because the Canucks already own it in the NHL. Ideally Canucks move back to Black/Yellow/Orange and Seattle takes Yellow/Green.

The Canucks are blue with green though, not green with blue. It’s the same colours, but look at the other teams with similar colours. Nobody is getting the Oilers and Islanders jerseys mixed up out there

I don't see why the hockey and basketball teams can't share the same colour schemes. It would tie the two together.

I guess I'm used to it seeing Pittsburgh in black and yellow, Ottawa in red and black and Baltimore in orange and black.

Considering the 3 active teams are green and blue, that’s probably more likely if they’re trying to tie the team in vs green and yellow. Especially considering the majority owner of the Sounders is involved. There’s only one colour scheme to consider

1032DAD7-E590-4069-B567-8EBA32C88498.jpeg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad