Team Branding Thread (Logo, Colors, Uniforms, etc.)

What should the Seattle NHL franchise be called?

• Total voters

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Here's what I know...

Totems is one of the worst.

Why you wanna be named after a wood post??? There's million cooler sounding names than that that are also so not unintimidating.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

Cacciaguida

Jan 11, 2010
Ottawa
The Canucks are blue with green though, not green with blue. It’s the same colours, but look at the other teams with similar colours. Nobody is getting the Oilers and Islanders jerseys mixed up out there

Considering the 3 active teams are green and blue, that’s probably more likely if they’re trying to tie the team in vs green and yellow. Especially considering the majority owner of the Sounders is involved. There’s only one colour scheme to consider

View attachment 161613
winter sports gold green vs summers sports green blue?
sonics.jpg

19910504-oilers-north-stars-game-2-casey-elniski.jpg

sealsskates.jpg

Last edited:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I like the sound of Seattle Sockeyes.

And even though I know a sockeye is a fish, it sounds also like a kind of punch referring to old time hockey.

Reactions: larrypacman8167

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
The more I think of it.. Seattle Sockeyes, Seattle Totems, Seattle Rainers, Seattle Seals or Sea Lions sounds great.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Hopefully they use the Seahawks’ colors; both shades of their blue are fantastic.

Reactions: snipes

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
It's going to be either Totem(s) or Sockeye(s). They're both solid. I'd go with the fish.

hmmm I see there is an Ultimate Frisbee team named Seattle Sockeye and I see a Richmond Sockeyes junior hockey team, maybe potential trademark problems.

2.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->