Team Branding Thread (Logo, Colors, Uniforms, etc.)

What should the Seattle NHL franchise be called?

• Total voters

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Outside of Dallas, I don't think there are any NHL teams wearing green. What you want is to have someone walking through an airport concourse, see a game on a TV in a bar, and know instantly that the Seattle Totems are playing. I believe that's how you build a brand.

It has frustrated many Kings fans that they have refused to go back to purple uniforms full time. They would be the only team in the NHL wearing that color.

BioViysCQAA4PGA.png
Agree on the piece about the Kings. They have some of the most uninspired jerseys in the league, but have an amazing opportunity to rebrand to the above scheme especially if they are going to go through a rebuild/retool.

Seattle going to red/black would be a big mistake. Green/yellow would look great, but I am also a fan of the Navy/Teal/Grey ones above.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Agree on the piece about the Kings. They have some of the most uninspired jerseys in the league, but have an amazing opportunity to rebrand to the above scheme especially if they are going to go through a rebuild/retool.

Seattle going to red/black would be a big mistake. Green/yellow would look great, but I am also a fan of the Navy/Teal/Grey ones above.

Team still hasn't decided on colors. Green and yellow has already been ruled out since the ownership group is saving Green and yellow for the NBA team if it returns.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP

Mayor on "Kraken'" being franchise name...

Taken with a grain of salt but I like the update that there is a lack of "traction" haha

SundayNiteBlackout

Jan 20, 2019
Puyallup, WA
I started out heavily in favor of Kraken, but my opinion has shifted to Sockeye or Steelhead. If only we could shift the Thunderbirds up to the professional level and give them a new name and colors.

sparkychewbarky

Jan 27, 2012
I started out heavily in favor of Kraken, but my opinion has shifted to Sockeye or Steelhead. If only we could shift the Thunderbirds up to the professional level and give them a new name and colors.

Here's an idea...the T-Birds of the WHL play out of Kent, right?
Purchase the Thunderbirds name (if the Jr. team is willing)...
Then create new Kent Kraken WHL and Seattle Thunderbirds NHL identities...

i1GQtfj.jpg

Kodi

Jun 24, 2013
THIS!!!!!!!! This is the answer. Unfortunately it's highly unlikely :(
I've always been for this idea as the NHL team would bring in a whole bunch of money because of the larger fan base and the WHL franchise would have a financial surge from all the existing fans needing to buy new gear. I mean I have a bunch of Thunderbird jerseys and I have no motivation to buy anymore as they haven't changed in years nor have they had a true third jersey for years. They rebrand that team though and it forces me to spend more money.

Reactions: SundayNiteBlackout

sparkychewbarky

Jan 27, 2012
Well...things are a little quiet on the name/colours/branding front, so I'll throw out some stuff for discussion.
I did up a digital book called "The Battle of Seattle", where I explored 12 different name/concept ideas...
TUFCmoa.jpg

You can view the entire book here...The Battle of Seattle

but I'll throw out a few pages at a time. Here's what I came up with for "Metropolitans"...

JPnBjmc.jpg

vXLNtVZ.jpg

FartMilk

Jan 19, 2019
I personally don't get the Metropolitans as a name for a Seattle team. History be damned.

New York has the Mets, but being "metropolitan" fits New York because it's one of the largest urban agglomerations in the world below Tokyo. Seattle isn't close to being one of the most metropolitan areas in the US. It's arguably the city with the best natural setting next to San Francisco or Honolulu. Play out the natural settings instead (Evergreens works).

There are much better options. Put me down for Seattle Sockeyes, Seattle Steelheads or Seattle Totems. Any one of those is the best.

The NHL also needs more yellow, green and white, which fits the Sonics color scheme and they could share (a la Pittsburgh teams), but ownership has already said those colors are reserved for the Sonics return. Lame.

Based on PNW color history, I bet the colors will be red, black, green and white.

StarterHart

Waffle
Feb 2, 2018
Arlington, WA
Green and yellow has not been ruled out. No name or colors have been officially ruled out publicly by the group. However, there are certain names and color combinations that are extremely unlikely based on comments that have been made by them. For example, the Metropolitans name is believed to be ruled out based on comments from both the group and Gary Bettmen. A green and yellow color scheme falls under this category I believe. But they have been very careful not to officially rule out anything up to now.

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
Sockeyes would be my vote. Green as the primary colours, and blue or white as the secondary.
Please god no more teams with black as the primary or secondary colour.

Something like this (which I wish the Canucks would go with), but obviously with heavy green.

0223-liamjones-van.png

new_canucks_jersey_4.jpg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad