Team Branding Thread (Logo, Colors, Uniforms, etc.)

What should the Seattle NHL franchise be called?

• Total voters

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
Totems is dead in the water. The world is too politically correct nowadays and even kind of nonsensical with cultural appropriation talk. People are going to start talking like Totems is the same as the Indians and Redskins. Book it.

Reactions: Pablo Escobar

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Totems is dead in the water. The world is too politically correct nowadays and even kind of nonsensical with cultural appropriation talk. People are going to start talking like Totems is the same as the Indians and Redskins. Book it.

Totems is generic name and doesn't even come close to being like the indians (logo) and the redskins

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I know. I know. You are preaching to the choir.

You just don't know the world that you live in these days. It's not me.
As with most things, the issue is less extreme than it seems on the internet.

The vast majority of people live in the middle of the extremes. Totems can work, especially if it's "honoring" the native culture. I don't think it's a great name, but if that's what it is, it's what it is.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Seattle Totems baby!!!
totems.jpg

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Kraken, should be the only acceptable team name. I LOVE how that sounds. Seattle will be such a good rivalry for Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary and the California teams. Welcome!

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
Welcome from L.A. Why not go with the HyperSonics, they are racing boats! Shortened team name will still be Sonics to pay homage to the Seattle Sonics NBA team.

How about Hydra? The 3 headed sea serpent!

18lvbil48xffzjpg.jpg

Maybe somebody can mock up a jersey with the Serpent in a shape of a W. Washington Hydra?

Last edited:

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I’m still hoping they go green and blue, but that’s a pretty beautiful jersey.

My only issue with the sea lions name is the double “Sea” in the name sounds weird to me

Perhaps you haven't heard of this team....

Seattle-Seahawks.png

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Regardless of team name or colors. When the official name and logo are announced , the franchise should immediately retire the #7,
for the 7th man on the ice. Welcoming the fans to the loudest barn in the NHL .

Bad idea. Let the fans PROVE it first. Otherwise it will feel so contrived.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Seattle Sound

or Seattle Soundgarden. Great nod to grunge and the greatest of the grunge bands, but yea, won't happen.

I like the Sockeye name and the logo posted a few pages back looks amazing, would instantly become a favorite of mine.

congrats Seattle people, welcome to the NHL, hopefully a name is chosen that you all are happy with.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Congrats Seattle from your soon to be rival Canuck nation. Have wanted you and Portland to have teams since expansion early in the 90s. I know hockey will be a hit and nothing like geographical rivalries.
The Thunderbirds name logo and jerseys are my favorites but I can see the issues at hand. After that Sockeyes is a great name and I'm a huge fan of the old Metropolitan jerseys of old.
1200px-Seattle_Thunderbirds_logo.svg.png
Toth_2.jpg

RichmondSockeyesLogo.jpg
kim-portrait_750xx2528-1426-0-80.jpg

JelloPuddyPops

"Gotta support the team."
Oct 9, 2018
Pacific Northwest
Green and yellow are already ruled out by the group themselves. They are saving it for the NBA if a team returns.

You keep repeating the same comment. We get it... you think it's ruled out. The question at the beginning of this thread asks "What colors do YOU WANT?" not "What colors will actually be chosen?" Do you see the difference? So if people want Green and gold, they can comment that they want Green and Gold. If you don't want to discuss Green and Gold, you can simply choose to not reply to the comment. Deal?

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
As I watched the T-birds and Hawks game yesterday I was reminded for the thousandth time how much I like those Thunderbird colors and unis.
T-bird fans won't like it but surrendering their gear to the new NHL team would be amazing, and my favorite option even over what i voted for (Evergreens).
Figure out something new for Kent, and let the Canucks go back to wearing the flying V.:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad