Team Branding Thread (Logo, Colors, Uniforms, etc.)

What should the Seattle NHL franchise be called?

• Total voters

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Saattle Sockeye
latest

Or Seattle Emeralds
1006-andresgodoe-sea2.png

The Emeralds logo is so slick.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I also really like the Kraken jersey I’ve seen on social media today. So nice.

Sleestak Nation

Jul 6, 2009
Land of the Lost
Like the patches too. Some of the mock-ups have been great, even for Kraken which is a name I just hate for a west coast team.

Team Sockeyes here because we can't have enough fish being thrown on the ice.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Seattle Thunderbirds
Seattle Steelheads
Seattle Sockeyes

Are my favorites. Given the water theme speculation, the last two are the most likely it seems.

Reactions: larrypacman8167

Neill99

Oct 30, 2006
What about the Seattle Guardians in honor of the Washington State Coast Guard.And my other Favorite is Seattle Evergreens.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I expect the Sockeyes

Seattle-Sockeyes.jpg

Oh my God..... I was not expecting this. Just being able to see more than the color white and some other primary is like a shock to my senses. The NHL fashion style is so simplistic these days that seeing contrast between colors like teal and an earthly brown has made me realize that colors actually exist and you are allowed to use more than two. Plus that is a brilliant Native American nod to Totems.

I honestly don't know what to do because I'm seeing more than two colors on a hockey jersey. It's almost as if seeing them for the first time all over again

It's just a template but if that actually became a jersey I'd buy it

Reactions: Hawksfly2gether

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
I'll be satisfied as long as it is a pluralized name and not one of the Kraken/Sasquatch/Avalanche/Wild variety. Of all the names in the poll, Kraken is dead last for me.

My favorite is Sockeyes, but I'd be very happy with Evergreens or Emeralds as well. I do like the sound of Seattle Seals but I'm against using a previously used team name for an entirely different city/state.

Reactions: SunDancer

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
I dunno. I know blue and green are very typical Pacific NW colours, but an awful lot of teams in that region already use some version of those colours, including the Seahawks, Sounders, Mariners and the Thunderbirds. Plus the nearby Canucks use those colours.

Now that being said however, I don't know how red and black means establishing your own identity, when Calgary, Chicago, Ottawa, Carolina, Arizona and New Jersey already use those colours...

A new identity for the region possibly, separating from the green and blue, is a way to look at it. With 32 teams color scheme crossover is inevitable keeping marketing in mind.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad