Team Branding Thread (Logo, Colors, Uniforms, etc.)

What should the Seattle NHL franchise be called?

• Total voters

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
I think Penguins is quite a bit stupider fwiw
"stupider". LOL

Perhaps I would have said the same thing back in 1965, but at this point it is a historic name for a historic franchise. It's not as bad as naming a team after a sock (red sox) or the color of feces (browns), but people get used to it over time. I'm sure people would get used to the Seattle Salmon as well, but it just sounds silly. It sounds like a name someone puts at the top of a list of made up mock team names. Seattle Nirvanas, Seattle Rain, Seattle Salmon, Seattle Starbucks.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I would like it if it wasn't already an AHL team.. it'll never lose that sting.
The rate at which a professional team overtakes the lower level teams that share the same name is astounding. If you think of all the college teams named Tigers, including a few that play really good college level baseball that people actually care about (Auburn, LSU, Clemson, etc., etc., etc.) if you google Tigers baseball, it will take you a page and a half to get to the first non-Detroit related result.

Seattle Admirals overtaking Milwaukee or Norfolk in people's minds wouldn't take long, as long as the people aren't in Milwaukee or Norfolk. However, the trademark issues always come to play and you've really got to love to name to wage the battle. I fully expect something overly complicated or made up. Sea-whatevers, something unique that only has one or two current uses that they can overcome with a little money like Sockeyes, or something they can work out locally like Thunderbirds.

DanCloutiers5hole

May 15, 2012
Van City
I’d love to see them incorporate the wolfgrey like on the Seahawks jerseys. Add some navy and forest green. To be honest even though I’m a Canucks supporter I have a tough time imagining a Seattle uniform with out having at least some blue and green involved.

Reactions: Interior Cascadian

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
Top 5 Imo:

Seattle Steelheads
Seattle Rainers
Seattle Totems
Seattle Emeralds
Seattle Sockeyes

Kraken out. Cool mascot and logo... but you can say the name has it's.... Kraks...

Due North

Mar 16, 2010
First off. Welcome to the NHL from old Leaf fan. Can you still submit names? If so, How about the
Seattle Schooners? It flows just like the Seattle Seahawks. Both start with S.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I almost wish the NHL team could just adopt the Thunderbirds everything since their logo, color scheme and jerseys are some of my favorites all time in hockey. But I just hope it isn't something stupid like the Seattle Freeze.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I almost wish the NHL team could just adopt the Thunderbirds everything since their logo, color scheme and jerseys are some of my favorites all time in hockey. But I just hope it isn't something stupid like the Seattle Freeze.

They are going to have to change the color scheme if they go with that brand.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I have no affiliation with Seattle so I'm speaking as an outsider. But I just googled "sockeye" to learn what it is, and have to say that naming a team after salmon is beyond stupid. And this is coming from a fan of a team named after a penguin.

I think any of the other names on this list are good.

Please don't name your team an adverb or an article of clothing.

It's no different than calling your football team the Steelers, which means nothing to anyone outside of Pit. It's regionally relevant. A team nicknamed after a local fish is no worse than a bird that can't even fly. But I get it, so many of those in Pittsburgh and all.

Last edited:

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Saattle Sockeye
latest

Or Seattle Emeralds
1006-andresgodoe-sea2.png

Reactions: nightonthesun

DanCloutiers5hole

May 15, 2012
Van City
I have a feeling the ownership group is going to pick a name out of left field. I think they would like to separate themselves from anything remotely close to Vancouver. Im very partial to the Sockeyes moniker always loved it and matches with the PNW but Canucks already have an Orca logo. Evergreens are great as well too but the Canucks have a secondary symbol of a logger (Johnny Canuck) so I’m not sure that fits their direction either. Low key I like the name “Guardians “or “Cutters” to represent the Washington St. Coast Guards. Both sound cool and fit a local theme. Regardless I’m very happy to have Seattle as a new franchise and excited for this new rivalry.

Reactions: Keke

DougieMellon

Sep 4, 2018
Told that although a few members of the ownership group are leaning away from Kraken... it is still an option at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad