Confirmed with Link: TEAM 1040: Linden Vey To Accept Qualifying Offer of $735,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

metric

May 6, 2010
They only traded for him because his first name is Linden. Horrible trade.

Am I doing this right?
Getting there. Still need a significant amount of dramatic doom and gloom to match the standard of what this board has become.

windflare

May 31, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Wait. We acquired a younger, highly skilled player that has developed very well, and people are complaining about it because we could've just 'signed Santorelli to do his job'?

What the hell had happened to this place? Clay was right.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I've been saying 'Oy Vey' all draft. :laugh:

loltiger.gif

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
Well,he has much better AHL numbers than Schroeder who's currently our only 2C option so they must have plans for him.Big Willie apparently coached him in Medicine Hat so he must have liked him.

So we trade Garrison,rights to Costello,and next years 7th for him...I hope he pans out.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
You don't sound very broken-up about losing him.

The Kings are very deep at center and he is a natural center. There is no where for him to play, just a log jam all around. We all wanted him to play earlier in the year before we moved Richards to the bottom 6 and Carter to center. Since that move, there is no where for him to go and the Kings have other center prospects that can play the bottom 6 for us. Vey is a guy that should really be in a position to score in the top 9, he isn't much of a fourth line grinder. It was a good move for us to move him for a defender, which we are becoming shallow on with our prospect depth.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
The Kings are very deep at center and he is a natural center. There is no where for him to play, just a log jam all around. We all wanted him to play earlier in the year before we moved Richards to the bottom 6 and Carter to center. Since that move, there is no where for him to go and the Kings have other center prospects that can play the bottom 6 for us. Vey is a guy that should really be in a position to score in the top 9, he isn't much of a fourth line grinder. It was a good move for us to move him for a defender, which we are becoming shallow on with our prospect depth.

When fans are considering buying out mike richards because there is pretty much only a 4th line spot for him to fill, you know they're deep.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Wait. We acquired a younger, highly skilled player that has developed very well, and people are complaining about it because we could've just 'signed Santorelli to do his job'?

Because he's still not an upgrade on Santorelli who they're letting go. He can only play centre.

Personally, I feel like he's an AHL lifer who won't stick in the NHL. Similar type of future to Andrei Laktionov, except he went for a 5th.

windflare

May 31, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
And to those folks that are 'suspicious about this', let's put it this way - Kings have Richards as their 4th line center. I don't think they need a center anytime soon.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006

This is alarmist.

They traded for a player that is a lesser version of a bottom-end forward this team has already let walk. Where is the logic in this?

Last edited:

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013

Whoa we're sceptical about a trade where we acquired a 22 year old that hasn't cracked the show in any meaningful way for a 30 point Dman and 2 other assets, seems reasonable to me. Stop blowin sunshine up my you know what

Fuimus

Jun 24, 2014
Very skilled, you guys would know, his best play in the NHL was against the Canucks. He is a little smallish, but a very good skater, extremely smart, and a gifted playmaker. Not very physical, but he is defensively responsible. He dominated the AHL centering Pearson and Toffoli and they turned out pretty well. Good luck to him and you guys.

He listed at 6'0 and 190 for a 22 year old. Not breaking into the NHL with the Kings stacked at center already.

arshonagon

Nov 16, 2009
Victoria, BC
Because he's still not an upgrade on Santorelli who they're letting go. He can only play centre.

Personally, I feel like he's an AHL lifer who won't stick in the NHL. Similar type of future to Andrei Laktionov, except he went for a 5th.

But he is also 6 years younger and has room to develop as a player. More so than a 28 year old Santelli.

He also has good reviews from most LA fans, saying the only reason he didn't make the team was due to depth(which you can understand with the Kings center depth).

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
But he is also 6 years younger and has room to develop as a player. More so than a 28 year old Santelli.

He also has good reviews from most LA fans, saying the only reason he didn't make the team was due to depth(which you can understand with the Kings center depth).

But he's a classical case of a player who's either good enough to be top 6 scorer or is an AHLer. I don't think he's good enough to be a top 6 center. I don't think he's even going to be better than Bonino.

As I said, another Loktionov and he went for a 5th.

LolClarkson*

Whoa we're sceptical about a trade where we acquired a 22 year old that hasn't cracked the show in any meaningful way for a 30 point Dman and 2 other assets, seems reasonable to me. Stop blowin sunshine up my you know what

They didn't like Garrisons game. We will keep tabs on him in the X Canuck thread. Then we will see who eats crow

arshonagon

Nov 16, 2009
Victoria, BC
But he's a classical case of a player who's either good enough to be top 6 scorer or is an AHLer. I don't think he's good enough to be a top 6 center. I don't think he's even going to be better than Bonino.

As I said, another Loktionov and he went for a 5th.

I would still rather have the younger player with more potential (in comparison to Santorelli vs Vey that you made).

As for Vey's potential, I would agree. He is most likely either a top 6 or bust player(the kind of guy I like taking in the second round, take a swing on a guy). I am fine acquiring some young players like that, as we need an infusion of young skill in the line-up. All this does is get an NHL ready second round pick, rather than one we need to develop.

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
The Santorelli worship is getting a little sickening here.

Santorelli WAS the player who choked out of the NHL and landed in Vancouver on a 2 way contract. He had a good 40 games, and would have been a good player to re-sign, but comparing a 28 year old to a 22 year old is a bit of a joke. Vey is at the beginning of his career still, Santorelli should be at his peak.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Another former Medicine Hat Dejardins' coached player acquired by Benning.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
These are the moves I was hoping to see. Targeting 22 year olds on the cusp of breaking out. Haven't seen enough of Vey to know for sure, but definitely lik the reports from those that have seen him a lot - he's getting high praise.

Best of all, it shows Benning isn't afraid to have an average sized, highly skilled player at 3C. So it will be a little more than just meat and potatoes going into things here.

Hoping the infusion of youth and skill makes this team watchable again.

Any word on shootouts? This team NEEDS another scorer there, to go with Bonino.

arshonagon

Nov 16, 2009
Victoria, BC
Santorelli played like a 1st liner last season. Even if he regresses, that's probably more than Vey will ever accomplish.

Yes, he had a good half a season as a top 6 player this year. The second season he has even remotely represented a top 6 forward in the NHL. Not a guy I would hang my hat on to produce again.

If you want an honest comparison, Vey has produced at a better rate, at a younger age than Santorelli in the AHL. I would say he has about as good a chance as Santorelli at producing similar to Santorelli last season.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Don't hate the move. Or like the idea behind it at least - a #3 pick seems closer to value for Vey, but then again he has a much higher chance of being an NHL contributor than that pick does.

I guess he's our #3 center then? Not really sure who takes the tough matchups for us as neither Bonino nor a rookie is a guy you want against quality opposition players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad