Proposal: TDL Thread

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
How long is Lehner injured for? That would be wild if Fleury went back but i can't imagine it being under any circumstances where Lehner could be playing playoff games ahead of him.

Crow

May 19, 2014
MAF 50% retained to Vegas for Dorofeyev, Cormier, and our 5th back?
Feel like there are other teams who need him more and I don’t see Vegas making even 50% retained work for their cap.

Edit: didn’t see that robin is injured

Last edited:

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
The more we retain the better the return. I thought there was either a max on number of retains or total retained?

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I'd be asking for the moon and more than what you said. I wouldn't be willing to trade him.
You have to listen, you aren’t doing your job if you aren’t. Kane us a great player, but if he wants to try to win a few more times, it won’t be here. This is a full on rebuild.

Doesn’t mean you have to, but do the due dilligence.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
You have to listen, you aren’t doing your job if you aren’t. Kane us a great player, but if he wants to try to win a few more times, it won’t be here. This is a full on rebuild.

Doesn’t mean you have to, but do the due dilligence.
yes you listen, but you don't trade him for 2 1st round picks. A team trading for him would be a team in the POs. A pick that range isn't a sure home run.
I listen, I ask for the moon and in the end I keep him because nobody is willing to pay the price.

Reactions: TheDachKnight

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
We just need to put as many players up for sale as possible. This team is going no where. I'd even listen on Dach now.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
We just need to put as many players up for sale as possible. This team is going no where. I'd even listen on Dach now.

One idea I had was a deal based around Dach and Lafreniere. Dach has more points now and has potential to stick at C if he can improve his faceoffs, but Lafreniere has potential to be the better player. It would depend on how NYR views Lafreniere. They could use a C prospect like Dach but I doubt they’d want him at the expense of Lafreniere. It wouldn’t be a 1-for-1 deal but rather a bigger deal kind of like the Laine for Dubois deal. Having said all that, NYR would probably tell us to kick bricks.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I know it is hard to believe but tgere are still 9 other NHL teams with a worse points total than the Hawks...

Some have games in hand and perhaps will end up with a higher points total than Chicago..

How us this possible?Hawks are brutal on offense and on defense (as both pk and ES+/- story tells the tale

So Hawks will get slim odds of winning the Kittery and moving to a possible #1or#2 pick...if no lottery win to either #1or#2 ,Columbus uses our first rounder to select....so not only must we endure this sad-sack seaaon but "No Soup For You" as a reward for enduring wretchedness ober 82 games.

We should be selling everything we can at TDK...butcalas what team in theircright mind wantsxany ofvourzi-calked "talent" andctgeir totally flawed abilities?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Hypithetical:

Say Janecand Toews waive NMCs and are trade at TDL with Hawksxretaining 50%...
That means only a bit over s1milluonnof actual cap cost for each in the pro-rayedctimevtoll playoffs start when cap cones off.

Then in the summer the teans we trade them to tradecthem back to the Hawks who are hitcwithvtgwir full 10.5 cap hits in that final year next season.

So my question is this basically rental for playoff run scenario alkowd under the CBA?

Now you cannot obviously word a trade then trade back deal tgat way.

It would need to be 2 actual separate trades done in different seasons....

Both teams would need to rely on a handshake deal to effect the trade back deal for next season.

Thecpergaoscotgerxwayvto legalkyvdobthisxmight bectoputxan option clause into the deals at the TDL this season...Thevoorion being that if the receiving team for Kane and for Toews decides not to retain or buy them out for next season And can find no other trade partner for them if they decide to trade them before next season then Chicago agrees to take them back at full cap hit for some specified extra compensation in picks and or prospects.

If either way is acceptable we could use a Rent for Cup Run "temporary lian" setof deals to help sone contender get to win a Cup whikevkinibgnourvpockwts with picks and prospects as co pentatonic on both the initial and trade back deals.

Is tgerexanythibg in the CBA preventing this...or is there such a loophole?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad