Proposal: TDL Thread

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Trading Hagel would be stupid. With the pick /player you return you would hope they would turn into someone like Hagel. Plus he’s signed at a low cap hit for 2.5 years and RFA at the end. But let’s get rid of a guy which we need more guys like him. I wouldn’t put it past this stupid team though. We aren’t allowed to have nice things. It would also be great for the new Gm to step in and immediately trade a fan favorite. Or even dumber they allow Davidson to make the trade for some reason even if he doesn’t get the GM job.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Trading Hagel would be stupid. With the pick /player you return you would hope they would turn into someone like Hagel. Plus he’s signed at a low cap hit for 2.5 years and RFA at the end. But let’s get rid of a guy which we need more guys like him. I wouldn’t put it past this stupid team though. We aren’t allowed to have nice things. It would also be great for the new Gm to step in and immediately trade a fan favorite. Or even dumber they allow Davidson to make the trade for some reason even if he doesn’t get the GM job.
If we aren't competing for the next couple seasons, who cares how good is cap hit is?

Cheap cap hits only matter to teams that are competitive and the Ottawa Senators (totally different reasons).

I love Hagel, but if this team wants to rebuild, he's the type to fetch a small fortune.

Reactions: Hattrick Kane

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
If Toronto offers up a first and Knies, you take that and run. Even throw in CDH just to sabotage them

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Kubalik can’t make $4 million next year as a Hawk, if they can’t resign him at say $6 million over two seasons($3 mill per) trade em

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Kubalik can’t make $4 million next year as a Hawk, if they can’t resign him at say $6 million over two seasons($3 mill per) trade em
Why not? We'll likely have the cap space.

Better we sign him for 1 year at $4m and hope he bounces back so we can trade him at next year's deadline (with half retention) over getting a measly 2nd for him now IMO.

LavalPhantom

Sep 12, 2014
Anyone else see similarities between Toffoli and Kubs? I see Kubalik as a poor man’s Toffoli. Maybe he can fetch a first?

Reactions: ello

ello

Jun 12, 2018
yeah if we're trading Hagel I'd really only be interested in getting an established 19-20 year old prospect with top 4/top 6 upside in return. Late firsts are wayyy too much of a crapshoot imo to be the centrepiece of a deal involving someone as valuable as Hagel

Reactions: hawksrule

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I'm one of Hagel's biggest fans on this board but if some team gives up a 1st (and the first can't be super late in the round either), prospect, plus... love you Hags but pack your bags. I am hoping the Hawks ask for 2023 1st though instead of 2022 (unless they are so desperate to get a 1st round pick they lost to Columbus).

Reactions: Illinihockey

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
Trade whoever for value. Who on this team will be worth anything by the time the hawks contend?

maybe cat and dach?

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
If its Tampa, a near the top 1st and a prospect they probably evaluated well and don't think will make the NHL isn't a offer I'd take.

Reactions: hawksrule

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Why not? We'll likely have the cap space.

Better we sign him for 1 year at $4m and hope he bounces back so we can trade him at next year's deadline (with half retention) over getting a measly 2nd for him now IMO.
Totally against a player getting an ‘automatic’ raise especially bwhennhe underproduced

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
yeah if we're trading Hagel I'd really only be interested in getting an established 19-20 year old prospect with top 4/top 6 upside in return. Late firsts are wayyy too much of a crapshoot imo to be the centrepiece of a deal involving someone as valuable as Hagel

I think you’re overrating Hagel. His shooting percentage is unsustainably high this year and he’s still looking at what, maybe 20 goals?

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Personally, I'd wait for a decent chunk of season under less dysfunction and hopefully more experienced NHL coaching before I write younger players off at the moment.

I like your thinking. Hard to know what we have after the JC/DK coaching carousel.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
1FDFC2AC-BDA3-4474-97A4-5BC15EB8458B.jpeg

giza

Jul 19, 2011
MAF isn't going just anywhere....it's got to be a legit contender..this may be his last hoorah.....that's Washington, Pitt and Colorado if you're listening to the chirping.....not sure Edmonton has what it takes. Then, it becomes the best offer....probably a goalie, a 1st and maybe mid level prospect. Kubalik has taken a step back---since Toews ain't what he was, it seem to have impacted him, but there seems to be something wrong with his ice positioning to shoot the puck too. If he takes a million more for a couple more years, then I would keep him in case there's a resurrection, but I would not pay him much more....could be a one season wonder. DeHaan is gone and I'm sure there's a lot of playoff teams looking to bolster their D ....he'll probably fetch a 3/4th, IMO. Strome has to go and probably wants out....right now, he might get a 2nd, but don't know who really could use him. Hagel is a great value...and plays the game in a unique manner---especially on the Hawks...but everyone is available for the right price or should be....I don't think he'll be moved though....every team needs a few good values to populate their team and Hagel and Murphy are it....Ideally, it would be nice to get some young talent like LaPerriere from the Caps, Holloway from Edmonton or Gauthier from the Rangers.....need some talented grit infusion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad