Proposal: TDL Thread

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Sure. Yep. Rebuilding takes time. It takes longer when you delay the draft picks you're receiving. Additionally, this team has been rebuilding for 7 years. We have to stop complaining about stupidity all of a sudden?
They haven't been rebuilding though. They'd have a year about rebuilding then go in the next year, for the last 4 years

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Rebuilding is going to suck. Buckle up or sit back. Gonna get a lot uglier.
This is my dream come true.

We're finally rebuilding, and with a seemingly competent GM too. Still want to see how KD operates at the draft, but everything so far has been positive for him.

Of course there will be lots of losing, but I'm a draft/prospect guy first and foremost. Collecting picks and watching young guys develop is very exciting for me.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Sure. Yep. Rebuilding takes time. It takes longer when you delay the draft picks you're receiving. Additionally, this team has been rebuilding for 7 years. We have to stop complaining about stupidity all of a sudden?

The nonsensical hyperbole isn't helping your case.

The Hawks JUST cleaned house a few months ago. Expecting the front office to jump start their rebuild with the draft happening in a few months is exactly that. Stupidity.

Reactions: Giovi

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County

Been explained this like 5 times now how are you not getting the point lol. Bowman f***t this team with the Jones trade and getting picks in better drafts >>> Getting picks in this weak draft. Also Tampa is looking like they will possibly threepeat so getting their pick this year and next year is dumb so it is better to wait the extra year and hope they are worse than a top tier team.

This team mortgaged a lot of its future with bowman (trading 2 seconds for Shaw, Teravainen, losing all 3 saad trades, throwing away guys like Forsling for shits and giggles, throwing away picks for Weise and Fleishmen, drafting a bunch of lower skill guys bebcause they were big, drafting overagers for no reason at all,

Shit takes more than a year to rebound from.

Inb4 5 posts later stilll asking why we didnt get a shitty 2022 first instead of a 2024 one

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
This is my dream come true.

We're finally rebuilding, and with a seemingly competent GM too. Still want to see how KD operates at the draft, but everything so far has been positive for him.

Of course there will be lots of losing, but I'm a draft/prospect guy first and foremost. Collecting picks and watching young guys develop is very exciting for me.
Easier tearing down then building up. We will see. But the pain is coming.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
The assets they got, are just that. Who is to say we even make those picks,and they arent traded for other young pieces or picks in 2022/2023?

They havent been rebuilding for 7 years or they wouldnt have done shit trades and shit contracts like Seth Jones, Jake McCabe, and Connor Murphy and would have traded guys like Strome, and Kubalik when their value was at its peak.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
The assets they got, are just that. Who is to say we even make those picks,and they arent traded for other young pieces or picks in 2022/2023?

They havent been rebuilding for 7 years or they wouldnt have done shit trades and shit contracts like Seth Jones, Jake McCabe, and Connor Murphy and would have traded guys like Strome, and Kubalik when their value was at its peak.
Bowman invisioned a US defence, remember he was named GM of the US Olympic team, he invested in SJones Murphy and McCabe long term, after accumulating a crap load of dmen(Mitchell, Beaudin, Krys, Kalynuk, Phillips, Regula, Allan, Vlasic, Kaiser, Galvas…) for what 3-4 more spots…now we’re stuck with his vision of a ‘no offence’ US defence

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Bowman invisioned a US defence, remember he was named GM of the US Olympic team, he invested in SJones Murphy and McCabe long term, after accumulating a crap load of dmen(Mitchell, Beaudin, Krys, Kalynuk, Phillips, Regula, Allan, Vlasic, Kaiser, Galvas…) for what 3-4 more spots…now we’re stuck with his vision of a ‘no offence’ US defence
Yeah, also, no defense to go along with no offense.

Reactions: LordKOTL

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
The nonsensical hyperbole isn't helping your case.

The Hawks JUST cleaned house a few months ago. Expecting the front office to jump start their rebuild with the draft happening in a few months is exactly that. Stupidity.
It's not specifically about drafting in 2022. It's about near future vs far future. Why not force the issue for a top prospect. Remember who was part of the leaked Toronto trade? Instead, you wait for the hope that is the 2024 draft? Yeesh. And what if one of those are in the top 10? Now you wait for 2025?

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
It's not specifically about drafting in 2022. It's about near future vs far future. Why not force the issue for a top prospect. Remember who was part of the leaked Toronto trade? Instead, you wait for the hope that is the 2024 draft? Yeesh. And what if one of those are in the top 10? Now you wait for 2025?

Most contenders that are looking for help don't have the prospect pool to give up top prospects.

ploppsdman

Feb 5, 2004

Am I the only one who allows rebuilding through stupid trades and veterans a valid definition of rebuilding? Look at the turnover on this team. That's not "rebuilding?"

ploppsdman

Feb 5, 2004
Most contenders that are looking for help don't have the prospect pool to give up top prospects.
For Brendan Hagel? Who cares if they are a contender? Regardless, Carolina doesn't have prospects? Toronto?

ploppsdman

Feb 5, 2004
At the end of the day, I'm pissed this offseason has absolutely burned Chicago hockey for the next ??? years. One shimmering pile of stupidity has set this team indefinitely adrift.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
@ploppsdman
we are in the season the old GM paid a Top prospect and 1st for a D. He also signed vet D to a 4 year contract. He brought in a starting goalie for nothing, which he traded for a pick this year.
All while firing the Head Scout and his 2nd man

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
@ploppsdman
we are in the season the old GM paid a Top prospect and 1st for a D. He also signed vet D to a 4 year contract. He brought in a starting goalie for nothing, which he traded for a pick this year.
All while firing the Head Scout and his 2nd man

He paid more than that — top prospect + 2021’s #1 + 2022 or 2023 #1.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
You seem inpatient,, yeah it's about the far future. Davidson already admitted he is open to going for a long whether it's 3 or 5 or however many years. That's the how many years you should expect them to be bad.

They're possibly be a contender in 7 years

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Am I the only one who allows rebuilding through stupid trades and veterans a valid definition of rebuilding? Look at the turnover on this team. That's not "rebuilding?"
Maybe? When you trade for or sign vets, and have a lot of roster turnover instead of bringing in a lot of young kids/draft picks, I consider that retooling, not rebuilding.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
It never was a rebuild, Stan just needed to lower expectations after he was left with 3 AHL goalies on the roster before 2020-2021 season after failing to acquire Matt Murray and then he conveniently decided to end the rebuild when certain assets became available, the goal was always to try to re-win...biggest issue I have with the last few years is their pro scouting was useless and they refused to move on from Colliton, not that they went out and added to really good players in Seth and Flower...actually have a bigger issue with the Tyler Johnson and Brett Connolly deals, truly awful...they're paying a player worth zero a few million bucks a year and Tyler Johnson is maybe worth half his aav when healthy, and that is being optimistic, Seth is worth probably 8m so he's slightly overpaid, trade assets to get him aside

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
It never was a rebuild, Stan just needed to lower expectations after he was left with 3 AHL goalies on the roster before 2020-2021 season after failing to acquire Matt Murray and then he conveniently decided to end the rebuild when certain assets became available, the goal was always to try to re-win...biggest issue I have with the last few years is their pro scouting was useless and they refused to move on from Colliton, not that they went out and added to really good players in Seth and Flower...actually have a bigger issue with the Tyler Johnson and Brett Connolly deals, truly awful...they're paying a player worth zero a few million bucks a year and Tyler Johnson is maybe worth half his aav when healthy, and that is being optimistic, Seth is worth probably 8m so he's slightly overpaid, trade assets to get him aside
I'm the complete opposite. They were on the right path with trades like Connolly (getting two younger players with potential), and Johnson (getting a 2nd round pick - but should have been more). My biggest issues were with the Seth Jones deal, McCabe signing, and extending Murphy. If they just signed Seth as a UFA, for 8mil, I wouldn't be as opposed to it, but when you trade your entire future basically, and then sign him for more than he is worth, it's not good.

Reactions: ClydeLee

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Yes, you are the only one.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Tyler Johnson looks like a little faberge egg wobbling around the ice and Connolly a hobo grabbed out of an alley .Ohhhhhh I long for the days of Steve Poapst and James Black.

Last edited:

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Can we somehow swoop in and screw Vegas after this Dadonov / Anaheim debacle? They need salary cap space, not a player for the playoffs, so technically a trade could work.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Can we somehow swoop in and screw Vegas after this Dadonov / Anaheim debacle? They need salary cap space, not a player for the playoffs, so technically a trade could work.
I've posted about it already.

Chicago can absorb that cap hit, without sending anything back so they're a potential trade partner.

If Vegas wants LTIR relief, Chicago can send them Shaw and Khaira. Or even Murphy for that matter. Though I wouldn't move Murphy unless the return is good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad