Confirmed Signing with Link: [TBL] Tampa re-signs J.T. Miller (5 years, $5.25M AAV)

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Name me a player who scored 58pts who is getting 4.5 Million ?
Zuccarello averages 57 points per 82 games in his career and has signed a one year contract at 3,5 mill after a 59 point season and a ufa contract at 4,5 million aav for 4 years :nod:

With that said though, its fair price for what JT Miller brings. Cap is going up and 5 million isnt what 5 million was three seasons ago. Its easy to forget that when we discuss contracts.

Reactions: FeedingFrenzy

ijuka

May 14, 2016
This much money for JT Miller?

I can't help but see this as a significant mistake. Guy's not good enough for this money.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
That’s steep. Miller is a good player, but would much rather have Rust and his new contract compared to this.

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
Tampa has so many good players. Easily the best team on paper.

Killorn, Johnson and Palat are probably gone soon with Kuch and Point needing raises in a year.

But they will still be the deepest team with the way their farm team develops players.
Killorn, TJ and Palat are all good players, but they are extremely replaceable. Killorn is going to be a bitch to move though.

Kane got 7 mil.

J.T. Miller is better and has a better track record. How can anyone call this bad?
Most are calling it bad because they signed the wrong JT. (And are under the guise that they can't sign the good JT now because of said signing.)

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
At first it seems like alot, but looking at the potential rise in salary cap and ridiculous contracts handed out(Kane 7x7), it seems pretty fair.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Killorn, TJ and Palat are all good players, but they are extremely replaceable. Killorn is going to be a ***** to move though.

Most are calling it bad because they signed the wrong JT. (And are under the guise that they can't sign the good JT now because of said signing.)
Palat isn't very replaceable. Unique skillset within our org. Killorn and TJ have plenty of ready replacements, though.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Well it is 3.5 M vs 5.25 M...

And you pay for what you get? Lol.

It still stands, you pay less for a guy that produces less. Pretty simple logic. It's not like Rust is a steal and scoring 60 points or Miller is getting 30 points. Both are on good contracts.

Both signed til they're 30 and Miller being a year younger. I'd say it's pretty fair.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Glad it wasnt the Rangers giving him the contract. Playoff performance aside, the guy floats too much and takes some really really stupid penalties.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
And you pay for what you get? Lol.

It still stands, you pay less for a guy that produces less. Pretty simple logic. It's not like Rust is a steal and scoring 60 points or Miller is getting 30 points. Both are on good contracts.

Both signed til they're 30 and Miller being a year younger. I'd say it's pretty fair.

Sure, agree to disagree. Miller is no doubt a good player, don’t get me wrong, but his caphit just seems a smidge high for me.

Edit: didn’t realize Miller’s PPG was that high over the last two years. Disregard what I said above, was sleeping on JT Miller.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
4 , 6 , 23 , 43 , 56 , 58.
Those are the JT Miller point totals in each of his 6 NHL seasons.
How many players have increased points in this many consecutive years . He may hit 60+ with a full year in Tampa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad