Confirmed with Link: [TBL/SJS] Lightning trade Jack Thompson and a 3rd rd pick for Anthony Duclair and a 7th rd pick

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
We don't like this tweet, right guys?

If he re-signs for cheap I can get on board.

Watching the game tonight though it looks like any moves made for immediate help this season is akin to throwing away assets.

We were literally just talking about what a good idea it would be to bring in middle 6 scoring forwards to see if they gel with the team.

Now we hate it lol

The idea wasn't to use precious assets to make that happen though.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Panthers reject. Awesome.

JBB dumpster diving.

Trade for some pallbearers

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
This trade only works if Cooper plays Duclair at 2LW and Paul at 3C. If we paid that much to put Duclair on the 3rd line Cooper should get fired. Paul has his moments but he needs to be on the 3rd line.

^

This and we resign duclair I won’t hate it. Glad to see the top 6 get help

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
If he re-signs for cheap I can get on board.

Watching the game tonight though it looks like any moves made for immediate help this season is akin to throwing away assets.

The idea wasn't to use precious assets to make that happen though.
1) "precious" come on lol
2) do you want to get good pieces with garbage?

Reactions: Stelio Kontos

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Typical JBB overpay for really no reason. This team needs a major shakeup not just a depth forward. More assets is what’s really needed. This yea, is telling you tonight what they are this season
Well, if this is a guy who can be had for a cheap contract, it's not a terrible thing. Especially if he has a couple more 40+ point seasons in him. We don't need the moon. Just solid complementary scoring on a good contract, and it's a step in the right direction. A piece we do need. Next year, obviously.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
here’s scott wheeler’s analysis of thompson since it’s not like most of us actually watch the crunch. what we have to remember is that even our best prospects don’t have some huge ceiling.

we should still be trading for a D as well so let’s see how that goes before getting too mad

IMG_0091.jpeg

Reactions: VinikToWinIt

bov

Nov 13, 2010
BriseBois trades for an actual decent hockey player so naturally, people have a problem with it. Thompson's chances of becoming anything more than a bottom pairing D for this team seemed low. Wish him the best and he'll have a better opportunity in SJ.

Good deal for both sides, guy scored 31 goals a couple years ago and should add some life to this lineup.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
BriseBois trades for an actual decent hockey player so naturally, people have a problem with it. Thompson's chances of becoming anything more than a bottom pairing D for this team seemed low. Wish him the best and he'll have a better opportunity in SJ.

Good deal for both sides, guy scored 31 goals a couple years ago and should add some life to this lineup.
Rare sane response

Like I said. If he walks for nothing, yes, it was a garbage move. We have to re-sign him, the jury is out until we see contract numbers.
He's not walking for nothing and he doesn't have to sign with us. He's a good depth winger that we are bringing in here to see if he gels with the team during a playoff push. If he does and we re-sign him then that's amazing.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

I think the problem is with whether or not it's a rental. On the face of it, it is, in which case it's just not a good idea to be spending ANY assets on this year's team. Not even because I think Thompson is gonna come in and be great--he's an asset that can be spent in a trade that helps the team when we have a chance to compete.

So now we have to see if JBB can get Duclair to ink a reasonable contract. I don't have a problem with the deal if that happens, and I don't think many people will, aside from those who just don't like Duclair as a player.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
here’s pronman as well. prospect people don’t seem very high on thompson but obviously they could be wrong

IMG_0092.jpeg

here’s scott wheeler’s analysis of thompson since it’s not like most of us actually watch the crunch. what we have to remember is that even our best prospects don’t have some huge ceiling.

we should still be trading for a D as well so let’s see how that goes before getting too mad

View attachment 831768

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
He's not walking for nothing and he doesn't have to sign with us. He's a good depth winger that we are bringing in here to see if he gels with the team during a playoff push. If he does and we re-sign him then that's amazing.

Right, he doesn't have to sign with us, he's a rental. You don't give up one of your top prospects and a third round pick just to see if someone is going to gel

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Right, he doesn't have to sign with us, he's a rental. You don't give up one of your top prospects and a third round pick just to see if someone is going to gel
Ok, you don't do any of this. It's all f***ed. The team is f***ed, the GM is r*t*rded and we should do a half rebuild on-the-fly while keeping only a handful of worthy players.

Better?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad