Confirmed with Link: [TBL/SJS] Lightning trade Jack Thompson and a 3rd rd pick for Anthony Duclair and a 7th rd pick

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Thompson was held out of the Crunch game the other night, so maybe this was coming. I always really liked him as a prospect but hard to deny what Max Crozier, another right handed dman, has done in the NHL as well. Don't need to keep both.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
crozier is glacier slow, but yeah it has to be that coaching didnt see much for thompson since he only got one game

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
we have 4 rhd ahead of thompson and none of them are going anywhere is probably the thought here. duclair is a pretty good player imo but it’s not exactly gonna make a difference for us

Reactions: NatoGhost

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Typical JBB overpay for really no reason. This team needs a major shakeup not just a depth forward. More assets is what’s really needed. This yea, is telling you tonight what they are this season

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
We're making buy trades when our goaltender is total ass cheeks and will single-handedly cripple our chances to do anything unless he magically figures out how to turn back the clock to 3-4 years ago.

Sure, why not.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
This isn’t that consequential of a move in the grand scheme of things but I’m losing my trust in JBB’s judgment. That’s a high price to pay for a rental who is really struggling this year. There’s a decent chance he rebuilds his value on a better team but I don’t see the upside this year. Maybe we keep him next year and get something out of it?

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Well on the plus side this might mean no more Sheary in the lineup. Still a complete shit of a trade.

Overpay for another francophone

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
JBB gonna give him 4mil a year too with a new contract? This team is in 0 position for rentals. He has no idea what he's doing for a retool

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
we have 4 rhd ahead of thompson and none of them are going anywhere is probably the thought here. duclair is a pretty good player imo but it’s not exactly gonna make a difference for us

We have 4 RD but not 4 good RD. Perbix should have been the one to go, Thompson is better than him and will be better than Raddysh soon enough. Crozier is an ok player but Thompson is something we don't have and need. There's nothing in the system coming up on either side.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
We have 4 RD but not 4 good RD. Perbix should have been the one to go, Thompson is better than him and will be better than Raddysh soon enough. Crozier is an ok player but Thompson is something we don't have and need. There's nothing in the system coming up on either side.
literally the only defensive prospect with a decent ceiling.

i will admit that i was wrong about hajek

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
This trade only works if Cooper plays Duclair at 2LW and Paul at 3C. If we paid that much to put Duclair on the 3rd line Cooper should get fired. Paul has his moments but he needs to be on the 3rd line.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
This trade only works if Cooper plays Duclair at 2LW and Paul at 3C. If we paid that much to put Duclair on the 3rd line Cooper should get fired. Paul has his moments but he needs to be on the 3rd line.
Hell, I'd do Paul - Stamkos - Duclair

Cirelli is a 3C, put him with Ace and idk. The whole bottom 6 is so useless

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese