Confirmed Trade: [TBL/SJS] Anthony Duclair and 2025 7th round pick for Jack Thompson and 2024 3rd round pick

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Guess we got our answer people were asking recently, about what Tampa thought of Thompson. A little surprised, but he does need that extra second, you just don’t have in the NHL. Good move by Bolts if they’ve determined he’ll never translate. Duclair will help them.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Rebuild? Are you okay?
More of a retool, but yes. We need some major changes in the off-season, IMO. Any asset spent on helping us this season is wasted, really, and an asset we won't have for next season when there's a chance we might bounce back.

IMO, it mainly comes down to Vasy. He is not the only problem on the team BY FAR, but until he finds his game, we shouldn't be spending assets. I don't think any team in history could contend for a cup with the level of goaltending we have gotten this season. But he's coming off back surgery, so the hope is he will be at least a "good" goalie next year, in which case it makes sense to add some pieces to our core. Most of them are still in their primes.

Starting to feel like Stamkos won't be back, but that's 8.5m to spend on surrounding Kucherov, Point, and Hagel.

Green

Nov 13, 2019
Really hoping the Islanders would nab him, damn, but I get the feeling he wasn't even on Lou's radar

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
To me this is worse than the Jeannot trade. Duclair isn't even worth the 3rd alone yet adding our best defensive prospect. The team needs cheap talent and he would have been ready for a spot next season.
There is no way this is worse then the Jeannot trade we gave up 5 draft picks .here we gave up 1 draft pick and Thompson who was I think a 3rd round pick

Fan from AK

May 19, 2021
Alaska
I thought Duclair could have been a savvy buy-low option for the Canucks. Looks like he's off the table now, and it was at a relatively palatable price.
I wish you would have gotten him. To waste a pick and a serious prospect to not make the playoffs was stupid by JBB.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
why can't duclair find a long term home? weird how he's been a journeyman since pretty much the start of his career

thompson is a nice get for SJ

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Tampa going bargain bin shopping at the deadline is definitely a new and different look that i'm not used to. But that's clearly where they're at right now. Makes sense to just make a few little bargain moves like this, and trust that either the "core" is going to elevate you and get something done...or they're not. And either way...you haven't dug an even deeper hole in terms of coughing up what limited real assets you might have left.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
why can't duclair find a long term home? weird how he's been a journeyman since pretty much the start of his career

thompson is a nice get for SJ
I’d be happy if the Sharks signed Duclair to three years in the off-season. He wasn’t perfect and had some effort issues but he was a good player and mentor to some of our players.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Fan from AK

May 19, 2021
Alaska
Tampa going bargain bin shopping at the deadline is definitely a new and different look that i'm not used to. But that's clearly where they're at right now. Makes sense to just make a few little bargain moves like this, and trust that either the "core" is going to elevate you and get something done...or they're not. And either way...you haven't dug an even deeper hole in terms of coughing up what limited real assets you might have left.
How does this help a team that can't keep the freaking puck out of their own net? They gave up a solid prospect for yet another forward. It's OK though you must not be a Lightning fan and that must be your excuse.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
i haven't red the first 2 pages, so no idea what the most popular opinion is but
what the hell are the Lightning doing???

why would they be trading a top prospect like RD Jack Thompson????
for the Duke??? and a 3rd??? ummm... what ?!?

been following his career since 2019, he is really good. - see Shea Theodore

Sharks are sucking right now, but damn!, last 2 seasons (including this)
they have gotten very very interesting future pieces via trades, very very very
interesting.

• Haha
Reactions: Fan from AK

Fan from AK

May 19, 2021
Alaska
i haven't red the first 2 pages, so no idea what the most popular opinion is but
what the hell are the Lightning doing???

why would they be trading a top prospect like RD Jack Thompson????
for the Duke??? and a 3rd??? ummm... what ?!?

been following his career since 2019, he is really good. - see Shea Theodore

Sharks are sucking right now, but damn!, last 2 seasons (including this)
they have gotten very very interesting future pieces via trades, very very very
interesting.
Was Duke that good when JBB signed Sheary over Duke in the off-season? Don't answer that maybe JBB needs to be fired especially after the Tanner Jeannot debacle.

Kamina

Amok
Feb 28, 2007
You gotta be good to get desired and traded for so much, but not too good because then you'd be able to score a long-term deal. I'd like to see Duclair break Sillinger's record for number of teams played for, personally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad