Confirmed Trade: [TBL/SJS] Anthony Duclair and 2025 7th round pick for Jack Thompson and 2024 3rd round pick

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I don't know why we're trading for supposed rentals when we're very doubtful to even make the playoffs with the way Vasy and the team has played lately. Unless JBB can get him re-signed on a good deal, I don't like this at all.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
JBB please stop trading our future away for nothing

1cc.png

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
I don't know why we're trading for supposed rentals when we're very doubtful to even make the playoffs with the way Vasy and the team has played lately. Unless JBB can get him re-signed on a good deal, I don't like this at all.
Why wouldn't he? The reason the guy has bounced around so much is that he's actually not that good. He shouldn't be expensive at all.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
This team is a duclair away from losing in ot to a bad team. Why waste a 3rd for him. We should he selling off or listening to offers on anyone not named Kuch,hagel,Hedman, or point.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
why can't duclair find a long term home? weird how he's been a journeyman since pretty much the start of his career

thompson is a nice get for SJ
Great locker room guy. Very strong complementary offensive player, so so defense.

He found a home with the Panthers, but his game isn't as well suited for playoffs so we had to trade. I think in a world where we didn't have the cap constraints, he would have stayed

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Hilarious seeing the dichotomy of responses on here.

"Duclair is awesome"
"Duclair is awful"
"I love Duclair"
"Duclair sucks"

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
speaking of which, anyone have any guesses on how they might line him up in Tampa"?
Tampa has been trying to figure out it's second line for 10 years lol

Stamkos has been the only one who was ever able to generate consistent offense with a revolving door of linemates the entire time. They tried Point, but he did way better being attached at the hip to Kucherov. They'll probably throw Duclair on the 2nd line with Stamkos and see if it fits.

Hagel - Point - Kucherov
Stamkos - Paul/Cirelli - Duclair

Reactions: brakeyawself

Look Up

Don't be a scan tool
Oct 3, 2013
Times sure have changed. Panthers used to take on former Bolts, now it's the opposite.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
A lot of options but I think he should be on the 2nd Line but could be on the 1st..
- Point - Kucherov
Hagel - Stamkos or Cirelli - Duclair
Hagel - Point - Duclair would bring some pretty insane speed to a second line. None of them are great playmakers, but I feel like they would bring tenacity in the playoffs (I honestly don't think we're gonna make it this year, but I digress).

X - Stamkos - Kucherov

Stamkos, honestly, looks cooked. But the only time he's even remotely effective is when he's with Kucherov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad