News Article: TBL Resign Callahan; Rangers acquire 2nd Rd Pick

Fletch

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn
Visit site
He was far from a superstar this season here. Maybe next year.

Wouldn't even expect him to be a "superstar". I'd be happy with getting 30 goals and honest shifts from the guy. Not sure if that's a lot to ask for from a guy who's turning 40. Damn, wish I was turning 40!

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Wouldn't even expect him to be a "superstar". I'd be happy with getting 30 goals and honest shifts from the guy. Not sure if that's a lot to ask for from a guy who's turning 40. Damn, wish I was turning 40!

I got married to wife 1 @40.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
Somehow he got on team USA and then this contact. I don't get it, he is not a top 6 forward on a good team.

Having a C on your jersey can certainly cloud judgment. There is no way he is worth that much money. I like the guy, but come on.

Zuccarello Awesome*

Having a C on your jersey can certainly cloud judgment. There is no way he is worth that much money. I like the guy, but come on.

Intangibles, bro.

Funny thing is, if Cally took Sather's offer, he'd be making more money on a much better team. Good job holding out for more, Ryan. Captain-material.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Intangibles, bro.

Funny thing is, if Cally took Sather's offer, he'd be making more money on a much better team. Good job holding out for more, Ryan. Captain-material.

You obviously haven't read the thread--Sather wouldn't give Callahan a NMC/NTC, Tampa Bay did. Plus, Florida has no income tax--which saves big bucks (NYS tax rate is 8.82%). And Tampa Bay is considered an up and coming team, with an excellent GM.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
You obviously haven't read the thread--Sather wouldn't give Callahan a NMC/NTC, Tampa Bay did. Plus, Florida has no income tax--which saves big bucks (NYS tax rate is 8.82%). And Tampa Bay is considered an up and coming team, with an excellent GM.

If Bishop bounces back, I like them as a longshot to win the Cup.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

If Bishop bounces back, I like them as a longshot to win the Cup.

If they are considered an up & coming team and/or you like them as a longshot to win the cup what do you consider our team to be?

storm fan

Dec 20, 2004
Intangibles, bro.

He would not be making more money. Ryan is actually making more money in Tampa because is the tax laws, and it was never about the money, it was about the no trade clause, which he got.

storm fan

Dec 20, 2004
Intangibles, bro.

He would not be making more money. Ryan is actually making more money in Tampa because is the tax laws, and it was never about the money, it was about the no trade clause, which he got.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
The league needs to look into this tax issue. Teams should be able to pay based on the cap number multiplied by the state tax. Level the playing field.

Montreal has it even worse with their taxes.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
The league needs to look into this tax issue. Teams should be able to pay based on the cap number multiplied by the state tax. Level the playing field.

Montreal has it even worse with their taxes.

This is probably true. The cap really should vary to make it such that each team gets to pay out the same after tax dollars. The problem of course is that tax rates can change.

ret513

Oct 22, 2008

What's your affiliation with Callahan? He's gone and time to move on. Poor guy needs to make more money to pay for security against really weird obsessed fans.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
This is probably true. The cap really should vary to make it such that each team gets to pay out the same after tax dollars. The problem of course is that tax rates can change.

This would make a lot of sense. Definitely would balance things out a little bit more.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
what about cost of living expense? theres a lot more than just taxes...probably too many to take into consideration.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
what about cost of living expense? theres a lot more than just taxes...probably too many to take into consideration.

I don't think cost of living expense should be included. I think all that matters is that regardless of what city you are in you get the same amount of money on each paycheck. How you choose to spend it is then up to you.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I don't think cost of living expense should be included. I think all that matters is that regardless of what city you are in you get the same amount of money on each paycheck. How you choose to spend it is then up to you.

That's the way I see it. Taxes are one thing. Cost of living shouldn't count.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00