Confirmed with Link: TBL players at the IIHF World Championships

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Can't believe Killorn has a chance to win gold without getting a single point :laugh:

Which is ironic since his reputation and possibly placement on this team by Team Canada's higher ups is off of him producing under the lights of the 2015 and 16 playoffs. It was Doug Armstrong who said his playoff performance had put himself on Canada's radar for the World Cup team. His 31 points are the most by any Canadian born player during our last 2 cup runs. 4th most between 2014, 15, 16 if you want to count the 4 games we had against Montreal.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
The Konecny-Marner-Point line is so fun to watch. The energy these guys have is just on another level.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Ray Ferraro said Killorn was really good in the playoff round despite the no points. Never watched those games myself

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I started the game as pretty neutral and just wanted some good hockey. Well I got that but I found myself cheering for Canada during the game. :laugh: Anyway I'm not disappointed by this, congrats Hedman and Strålman as well as Brie!

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I just realized today that all TBL players that went got to go home with a medla, that's pretty cool. Now I'm going to go to the big celebration tomorrow.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Vasilevskiy won best goalie of the tournament honors.

disgusting.gif

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Love that hip check by Stralman. Hate that in the NHL he gets called for tripping when he does it. Lots of medals coming back to Tampa :laugh:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

individual awards selected by the tournament directorate:

best goaltender: Andrei vasilevski (rus)
best defenceman: Dennis seidenberg (ger)
best forward: Artemi panarin (rus)

most valuable player selected by the media:

william nylander (swe)

all-star team selected by the media:

gk: Andrei vasilevski (rus)
de: Colton parayko (can)
de: Dennis seidenberg (ger)
fw: William nylander (swe)
fw: Artemi panarin (rus)
fw: Nathan mackinnon (can)
russia’s andrei vasilevski was chosen as the best goaltender of the competition. He had three shutouts in nine games, blanking italy and denmark in the group phase then silencing the czechs in the quarter-final. In total he stopped 93.56% of shots for a gaa of 1.72.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Loved the hip check, love the energy level, loved the close game. Was an awesome game even including the shootout.

Congrats Heddy, Stråls and Brie. :handclap:

I have to admit that I was pulling for Sweden over Canada, not just because Strålman and Hedman are my favorite Lightning players, but because I wanted the Lundqvist brothers to get gold too.

Best part was seeing Heddy and Stråls faces during the whole post game award, victory lap stuff. So very happy for them!!:D

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon

LOL Love that reaction!

Was such fun to watch the victory celebrations, I'm glad they didn't cut them off. Our boys were SO happy!
:win:
Some little things stood out to me.

~ The Heddy-Coop hug above.
~ An emotional bear hug between former teammates Strålman and Henrik Lundqvist.
~ The Lundqvist twins both holding the cup, posing for a picture and grinning from ear to ear!
~ The team singing in a huge clump around the raised cup as confetti poured down.
~ As they were passing the cup around, Strålman was one of the earliest ones who had it passed to him to lift. After he had his turn, he looked around for Hedman and passed it to him with a big grin.
~ Nylander's father in the stands watching his son be named MVP.
~ Strålman taking the cup over to raise it up in front of his wife and kids.
~ The post-game interview with Hedman where he's really kinda speechless with happiness. :D

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad