Confirmed with Link: TBL players at the IIHF World Championships

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
The refs are a joke. Belov's hit was nowhere near his head and how on Earth is that a penalty on Scheifele?

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
What a game this has been. Tie game now with 5 minutes to go.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Znarok (sp?) haven't beaten Canada in a game ever (as a player or a coach) and that might continue on after this.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
With the way Russia played the 3rd you could think Cooper was coaching Russia and not Canada.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Killer and point moving on

Killer still doesn't have a point in this entire tournament. :facepalm:

I feel bad for Vasy though. He still has one of the best save % in this tournament, but the Russian D collapsed during that third period while Canada found their groove. He still stopped 31 out of 34 shots.

Now for Sweden vs Finland! Go Heddy and Stråls! :yo:

Am so glad NBCSports is streaming the games!

Last edited:

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Aaltonen made two horrible plays and then a good one to create that goal. He's the Finnish Purcell. The talent has always been there but it shows only when he feels like it.

Aho is so damn good. Would love to have him on the Lightning.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
It was basically Canada vs Vasi in the 3rd. He was outstanding in this game.

Don't bother. He only posts to say Vasi got scored on. His account was dark the 3 times in the past week Vasi had shut outs.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
The difference in quality showed in that period. Sweden is in a different universe talent wise. No chance for Finland in this game.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
You guys harping on Cooper for not making adjustments, look at this Finnish coaching team. Cooper can't even hold a candle on these guys. The same mistakes have happened in the own zone for the whole tournament and no one has done absolutely nothing about it. Or this is the worst and most mentally challenged defense corps that has ever been assembled.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Here's another view of Strålman's hit. Our smallest, lightest Dman has the BEST open ice hit/hip check. :D

Congrats Sweden! Playing for the GOLD!!!

Does this mean I might get to see Stråls put a nice hip check on Killorn?? :naughty:

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
What a hit by Strålman...it was a while since we saw that but it was awesome.

It was a fun game and I'm happy to go to the finals. I'm pretty happy for Bäckström to getting to play now since he had to miss the Olympic finals 3 years ago...though this isn't the same it's still a final game and it will be against Canada.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad