Confirmed with Link: [TBL/NYR] Namestnikov, Howden, Hajek, 1st rd pk, con. 2nd for J.T. Miller & Ryan McDonagh

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Can JT Miller win faceoffs?

Either way I'm really happy with this deal. Namesy was not going to be worth resigning at a higher cap hit.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
JT Miller is an improvement over Namestnikov. Easily. Guy is a 50-60 pt player.

What? Guy went over 50 points once in his career. Career average is 17 goals and 41 points, Namestnikov is 16.5 goals and 38 points. Miller makes more and will probably want more on his RFA deal this summer. Those two are a wash.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I'm buzzing. Didn't think it was going to happen. Waa about to rant even more.

I'M STILL IN SHOCK WTFFFFFF

We needed a bottom 6 center and we got that too?! Lmfaoooo this is one of the most brutal trades I've seen. Yzerman must've walked out holding it in so hard to not let put a laugh or snarl, whatever the f*** that man does when hes happy, after talking to Gorton.

He managed to move a player that will ask for more $ based on inflated numbers (who was a decent player but we all had our problems for him), 2 picks, and 2 prospects that don't affect/hurt us at all for the #1 D and 3C on their team.

giphy.gif

Also, Gorton fell for the magic beans handshake, suck it trade board:

hill_o_beans.jpg

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
What? Guy went over 50 points once in his career. Career average is 17 goals and 41 points, Namestnikov is 16.5 goals and 38 points. Miller makes more and will probably want more on his RFA deal this summer. Those two are a wash.

You will see soon when JT is playing.

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
Yzergod working his magic...makes you wonder what his offer was for Karlsson much less Vegas' since both got rejected.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Sad we lost Howden, since he's our best C prospect, but we didn't lose Foote or Raddysh?!?!

Yzerman you mad lad!!

We're soooo much deeper at C than on the right side of our D though. We can lose Howden and our 1-2 down the middle stays the exact same for the foreseeable future. But Foote will hopefully play a significant role in a few years.

I can't get the trade board to work. Possibly flooded with NYR tears.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
We're soooo much deeper at C than on the right side of our D though. We can lose Howden and our 1-2 down the middle stays the exact same for the foreseeable future. But Foote will hopefully play a significant role in a few years.

I can't get the trade board to work. Possibly flooded with NYR tears.

I'm very happy Foote wasn't moved. We kept our two best D prospects with Serg and Foote, I still can't believe this!!!

Hedman
McDonagh
Serg

We're stacked at LD for the next 1.4 years

Reijo29

Feb 8, 2015
I don’t think the deal is a heist at all. Miller and Nemestnikov is a wash. A 1 a 2, Howden and another prospect is fair, what do you think McDonagh is Karlsson? It’s a fair deal.

Reactions: Electricity

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
I'm very excited about this trade :)
Btw, JT Miller is a RFA and he earns 2.7 millions...I'm curious to see what'll happen this summer.
Also McDonagh: his contract will expired in the next 2 years, with Kucherov also, and McD will be UFA.
I'm curious to see the way Yzergold will solve this situation :)

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Listed similar package for McD weeks ago and people were crying about "too much futures", Yzerman dealt exactly what he should've done. As long as we kept one of Foote/Hajek and one of Raddysh/Howden we we're golden in any proposal, Serg and Point we're clearly off the table as it defeats the purpose of bolstering the lineup before the playoffs. We gave up some solid potential but left ourselves with a cushion to fall back on.

Where's Todd saying Yzerman doesn't do these types of deals cause he doesn't deal away futures? Can't believe people were dumb enough to think he'd be stuck in one M.O, he moves and adjusts per the situation of the team not stuck in one concrete methodology. This year is as good as any we'll ever have to make a move.

Reactions: Stamper

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
To think we got one of the two best available D with our magic beans.

Thank god we didn't settle with mediocrity (Mike Green).

Hilarious that he wasn't moved. Rightfully so.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I don’t think the deal is a heist at all. Miller and Nemestnikov is a wash. A 1 a 2, Howden and another prospect is fair, what do you think McDonagh is Karlsson? It’s a fair deal.

It's more about what we didn't have to give up than what we actually gave up. None of this hurts too much, given our organizational depth.

I do think Miller is an upgrade on Namestnikov. I know they're close in points, but Namestnikov's not gonna put up those kinds of numbers without 91/86.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad