Confirmed with Link: [TBL/NYR] Namestnikov, Howden, Hajek, 1st rd pk, con. 2nd for J.T. Miller & Ryan McDonagh

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Meh, we upgraded our D. I hope Kuch takes it in stride.

Been away... did anyone get Karlsson?

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Listed similar package for McD weeks ago and people were crying about "too much futures", Yzerman dealt exactly what he should've done. As long as we kept one of Foote/Hajek and one of Raddysh/Howden we we're golden in any proposal, Serg and Point we're clearly off the table as it defeats the purpose of bolstering the lineup before the playoffs. We gave up some solid potential but left ourselves with a cushion to fall back on.

Where's Todd saying Yzerman doesn't do these types of deals cause he doesn't deal away futures? Can't believe people were dumb enough to think he'd be stuck in one M.O, he moves and adjusts per the situation of the team not stuck in one concrete methodology. This year is as good as any we'll ever have to make a move.
He will probably trade J.T. Miller in the offseason to get a first round pick back lol

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Everyone saying the Rag's got fleeced, it's a solid trade for the Rags, there are a ton of people who are uneducated on our prospects just looking to harp on them. Value was definitely steep even if it didn't involve a big name, we gave up 2 first round selections, a first round pick, a 2nd that can be turned into a first and a 2nd round prospect who's developed extremely well into at least a 1st round caliber player.

For most teams that's a ton of value, it just looks bad because the Lighting have such a deep pool it doesn't seem like they took much of a hit. And may look worse because he was traded as a 2 year rental while I believe we'll have an extremely good chance at re-signing him.

Reijo29

Feb 8, 2015
It's more about what we didn't have to give up than what we actually gave up. None of this hurts too much, given our organizational depth.

I do think Miller is an upgrade on Namestnikov. I know they're close in points, but Namestnikov's not gonna put up those kinds of numbers without 91/86.
Tampa has a great prospect pool.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Reijo29

Feb 8, 2015
Everyone saying the Rag's got fleeced, it's a solid trade for the Rags, there are a ton of people who are uneducated on our prospects just looking to harp on them. Value was definitely steep even if it didn't involve a big name, we gave up 2 first round selections, a first round pick, a 2nd that can be turned into a first and a 2nd round prospect who's developed extremely well into at least a 1st round caliber player.

For most teams that's a ton of value, it just looks bad because the Lighting have such a deep pool it doesn't seem like they took much of a hit. And may look worse because he was traded as a 2 year rental while I believe we'll have an extremely good chance at re-signing him.
Totally agree

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I'm very excited about this trade :)
Btw, JT Miller is a RFA and he earns 2.7 millions...I'm curious to see what'll happen this summer.
Also McDonagh: his contract will expired in the next 2 years, with Kucherov also, and McD will be UFA.
I'm curious to see the way Yzergold will solve this situation :)

With the blue line - Coburn (3.7 cap hit), Stralman (4.5), and Girardi (3) all hit UFA the same time as McDonagh (4.7), so there's plenty of money to keep McDonagh & Stralman to reasonable deals while letting go of an aging Coburn and Girardi. And ideally by 2019-20, serge will have grown and developed into a larger role.

Reactions: Fabiobest

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
With the blue line - Coburn (3.7 cap hit), Stralman (4.5), and Girardi (3) all hit UFA the same time as McDonagh (4.7), so there's plenty of money to keep McDonagh & Stralman to reasonable deals while letting go of an aging Coburn and Girardi. And ideally by 2019-20, serge will have grown and developed into a larger role.
And so, in your opinion, there'll be also the money to rediscuss Kucherov contract?
I really hope so :)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
So... off the top of my head...

McDonagh
Miller
Girardi
Stralman
Callahan

And is that the Rangers last three captains?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Kinda feel bad for vlad considering all his help this year only to be shipped off at the deadline, but it's a business I think he'll get a better contract and opportunity in NY. Hope Kuch can keep his head straight in this, guy is cold on the ice but I believe he's a pretty emotional player off it.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Something I haven’t seen anyone mention yet is that J.T. Miller is now the best faceoff guy on the team by a pretty large margin (54.3% this season.) His career numbers have been up and down so that may not be sustainable but if he can keep it up that would be a nice boost for us in the playoffs.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
All in all you guys think J.T. Miller is a better fit then vladdy ?

Miller has more upside than Namestnikov. He did not get treated well under AV, probably worse than how Cooper treated Drouin. But if Coop lets him spread his wings think he will be a huge upgrade over Vladdy. He is also good on Face offs, and can play a better two way game than Vladdy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->