Confirmed with Link: [TBL/NYR] Namestnikov, Howden, Hajek, 1st rd pk, con. 2nd for J.T. Miller & Ryan McDonagh

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
And so, in your opinion, there'll be also the money to rediscuss Kucherov contract?
I really hope so :)
I hope so too and I'd think keeping him is a priority, but it depends on how much he really wants. But every cent we can save will be helpful.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Miller has more upside than Namestnikov. He did not get treated well under AV, probably worse than how Cooper treated Drouin. But if Coop lets him spread his wings think he will be a huge upgrade over Vladdy. He is also good on Face offs, and can play a better two way game than Vladdy.
I’ll be happy if he can win face offs we have needed that badly all year

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
The best part about this is that Rangers fans have to root for us for potentially the next 2 seasons. LOL Yzerman. Cheeky.

Stpilots98

Nov 11, 2008
Hey guys NYR fan here. Congrats on Mac you guys will love him. Gives you a player that can play in all situations and can match up against other teams best line. Hate to see him go, but I like the direction we are going. Miller (although I have his jersey) couldn’t care less. He has fallen out of favor around here. So much talent, but a terrible 200ft game and prone to costly turnovers.

My question. How is Namestnikov’s defensive game? Does he have a complete game?

Good luck this year. Kill the pens please.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
I hope so too and I'd think keeping him is a priority, but it depends on how much he really wants. But every cent we can save will be helpful.
Probably, it'll be very important also the situation of the team and the future of the team.
I think if Yzerman will be able to renew the contracts of our top players, maybe Kucherov will be encouraged to stay.
Btw, from this summer, I think that we'll se some trades or some discussion about Kuch contract.
Maybe they'll start to talking about it just next July...

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Kinda feel bad for vlad considering all his help this year only to be shipped off at the deadline, but it's a business I think he'll get a better contract and opportunity in NY. Hope Kuch can keep his head straight in this, guy is cold on the ice but I believe he's a pretty emotional player off it.
Yeah, best of luck to Vladdy. Always sad to see guys like him and Brown go who've been in the organization for quite some time and apart of this group that got us close to a cup.

Reactions: berlin

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
McD and J.T gonna play tonight? Nash played with Boston the day he was dealt.

JT was on the NYR fligh to Vancouver so he has to fly from there so I don't think he'll play tonight, McD I'm not sure of but it sound slike he at least stayed in NYC so he's probably here even if I'm not sure if he'll play.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
JT was on the NYR fligh to Vancouver so he has to fly from there so I don't think he'll play tonight, McD I'm not sure of but it sound slike he at least stayed in NYC so he's probably here even if I'm not sure if he'll play.
McD has been banged up. Don't even know if he's ready to return yet.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
My question. How is Namestnikov’s defensive game? Does he have a complete game?
A really good east-west hockey player and a mediocre/below average north-south player. He is not able to lead his own line, not really a good center, average defensively. So if you want him to succeed, put him on the line with another skilled forward and prepare for fun. Dont listen to other Tampa fans. Most of them hate Namestnikov for his next year contract and not for his actual game.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Officially official

Notice how the NYR trade tweet calls it a conditional 1st while the TBL tweet calls it a conditional 2nd. The actual correct term in this trade is conditional 2nd. NYR is probably just phrasing it that way because it looks better for them. Kind of a pet peeve for me since it gets people confused about what the return means but the correct way to refer to a conditional pick is by whatever the guaranteed return is without any additional conditions being met. In this case the Rangers are guaranteed a 2nd which could become a 1st if other conditions are met(TBL Cup) therefore it's a conditional 2nd. Not that it matters since it's going to become a 1st anyway :naughty:

Reactions: Stamper

Stpilots98

Nov 11, 2008
A really good east-west hockey player and a mediocre/below average north-south player. He is not able to lead his own line, not really a good center. So if you want him to succeed, put him on the line with another skilled forward. Dont listen to other Tampa fans. Most of them hate Namestnikov for his next year contract and not for his actual game.

Thanks man appreciate that. Is he responsible in his own end though?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad