Confirmed with Link: [TBL/NYR] Namestnikov, Howden, Hajek, 1st rd pk, con. 2nd for J.T. Miller & Ryan McDonagh

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
The Rangers got a hell of a haul. I would have been elated back in the early 2000's if we got that kind of return for Richards or Boyle, and to get that many pieces back today when young players are more valuable than ever, hard to hope for much more than that. Classic mutually beneficial trade. I would be shocked if Howden doesn't become a high level #2/#3 center and if Hajek isn't a top 4 D. Two high picks on top of that, great trade.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
The Rangers got a hell of a haul. I would have been elated back in the early 2000's if we got that kind of return for Richards or Boyle, and to get that many pieces back today when young players are more valuable than ever, hard to hope for much more than that. Classic mutually beneficial trade. I would be shocked if Howden doesn't become a high level #2/#3 center and if Hajek isn't a top 4 D. Two high picks on top of that, great trade.
Yep no kidding when we traded brad Richards all we got back was mike Smith and Halpern! That’s all we got back for a like 27 year old brad Richards in his prime! And brad Richards was a clear number one center

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Defensemen are expensive and the Lightning had to pay the freight. Fortunately the organization keeps producing forwards that other teams want and monetizing them into Dmen. Only homegrown Dman on the active roster is Heddy, the no brainer pick. Hopefully Foote joins him soon.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Defensemen are expensive and the Lightning had to pay the freight. Fortunately the organization keeps producing forwards that other teams want and monetizing them into Dmen. Only homegrown Dman on the active roster is Heddy, the no brainer pick. Hopefully Foote joins him soon.
It’s pretty remarkable we have a defense as talented as it is without really developing our own draft picks.

Sure, we identified the young guys like Cernak and Sergachev early into their career, but our own draft picks haven’t really filled any holes yet.

And despite that, we’ve been able to ice one of the more talented defenses in the NHL.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
It’s pretty remarkable we have a defense as talented as it is without really developing our own draft picks.

Sure, we identified the young guys like Cernak and Sergachev early into their career, but our own draft picks haven’t really filled any holes yet.

And despite that, we’ve been able to ice one of the more talented defenses in the NHL.
Yep yzerman never drafted a top 4 defenseman unless foote is finally it

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The big thing about this trade is how it didn't really hurt us. We're unlikely to miss any of the prospects we gave up, even if they do good things for the Rangers. And we got Miller in the deal, who'll either play a key role for us or be traded to recoup one of the picks we gave up.

Probably a good deal for both sides. Great deal for the Lightning.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
He'll suck, don't you worry. I was way more annoyed at losing Hajek and Howden than him.

Same, was very high on Hajek and his progression since being drafted. Numbers look underwhelming but he's a first year pro, still tons of upside there.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Same, was very high on Hajek and his progression since being drafted. Numbers look underwhelming but he's a first year pro, still tons of upside there.
Geez. This made me look up his stats, because I was really unhappy about losing hajek too. He’s 21, and should have decent numbers. Looked like his assists took a dive, but he got traded to Regina so that might have something to do with it.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
We really got a 1 and 3rd back for Miller.
Realistically It was Names,Hajek, Howden , and 2nd for McDonaugh and 3rd.

Reactions: The Macho Man

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->