GDT: TBL @ BUF 7:30PM TV:ESPN/ESPN+ Radio:WGR - His name is Jonas

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I expect Krebs to be a better than VO. But he hasn't exactly been good when tried on the wing.

I'm hoping at minimum he helps calm Cozens down. He's been forcing things and trying to do it all himself.
When has Krebs calmed anything down? 😅 .. He is the definition of helter skelter

• Haha
Reactions: joshjull

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I hope Krebs understands he's not on that line because he's a sniper. He needs to be a disruption and get the puck to the two skill guys.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I hope Krebs understands he's not on that line because he's a sniper. He needs to be a disruption and get the puck to the two skill guys.
Baby steps.
The Hipocratic oath - "First, do no harm."
Krebs needs to not no-look throw the puck into open space with Peterka and/or Cozens deeper than him in the offensive zone.

Then maybe in the 3rd period he can worry about getting the puck to #77 & #24.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I expect Krebs to be a better than VO. But he hasn't exactly been good when tried on the wing.

I'm hoping at minimum he helps calm Cozens down. He's been forcing things and trying to do it all himself.
This is why I'd put Mitts on Cozens wing. He'd bring some much needed defensive support. Krebs is a question mark in that regard on the wing.

Krebs would get an upgrade on wingers who also bring a solid defensive game and are willing to battle hard for pucks like his former linemates. I'd actually be quite excited to see him get better wingers who can play solid defense.

Reactions: joshjull

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Sabres better starting winning or at least losing but playing good.

This team has been a snoozefest and players haven't shown up.

Sooner or later the finger is gonna get pointed at the coach

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
This is why I'd put Mitts on Cozens wing. He'd bring some much needed defensive support. Krebs is a question mark in that regard on the wing.

Krebs would get an upgrade on wingers who also bring a solid defensive game and are willing to battle hard for pucks like his former linemates. I'd actually be quite excited to see him get better wingers who can play solid defense.
That makes no sense. Mitts is a better center and Cozens is a better wing.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I don't see Krebs grabbing this spot, but stranger thing have happened. They really need a high-skill guy there.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

I don’t think Krebs’ wingers are the issue with his play. He still makes the same poor passing decisions that get him and his line in trouble. My concern is he will have an impulse to do it even more playing with better skilled linemates.

Part of what got Krebs on track last season was him adapting to the straight-line game Girgs/Okposo play. It eventually reduced the amount of those mistakes.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Sabres better starting winning or at least losing but playing good.

This team has been a snoozefest and players haven't shown up.

Sooner or later the finger is gonna get pointed at the coach
They played two trapping opponents.
I had to mostly miss the first two games, so happy to finally watch the Sabres
Sabres mostly missed the 1st two games also. 3rd period on the Isle was okay.

Reactions: ForsbergMoDo21

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I enjoy Granato saying it is important to get Jost in a game early. mostly because saying it is a solid passive aggressive comment at Bryson.

Krebs has never impressed on the wing though.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
They played two trapping opponents.

Sabres mostly missed the 1st two games also. 3rd period on the Isle was okay.
Is that the excuse the coach will use when the team os 0-3? No one cares about that just the record.

20 games in if this team is losing you think anyone cares about trapping teams? No.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00