Proposal: TB & Jets

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
If they retain a bit on Gourde I'm sure they can get some value for him. He's still a player, the lighting will be fine.

5.14M for 5 more years after this one. Currently 28 & locked up until he’s 34. 35 points pace this season. Full NTC for two seasons after this one which means he will need to waive his NTC to accept a trade elsewhere. Have to be protected in the expansion draft as well.

Am I missing something here?

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Gourde does not have to be protected in the expansion draft, only nmc's have to be protected, so just Stamkos and Hedman. Gourde is the likely buy out candidate with the speculated cbo with a flat cap. Either way, Cirelli and Serg are going nowhere. Killorn, Gourde or Johnson via cbo and Paquette will be moved first, and beyond that Coburn can also be traded(or bought out/waived if neccessary to save some additional cap if needed). Tampa has plenty of guys ready for their chance on the 4th line, and the additions of Coleman and Goodrow were also made with these losses in mind. Tampa is not losing either Serg or Cirelli, there are plenty of other moves to be made. Given Tampa's history of bridging their rfa's, I'll put my chips on JBB re-signing them to similar deals as the rest before I buy into them getting traded or even accepting some supposed offer sheet. More likely they tell them thanks but no thanks like Point did and stay with a top contender for a cup before going somewhere where their chances are slim to none the next 3 years.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Neither will get a 1st. Tampa has 0 leverage in a trade because they don't have a scenario where they can just say "hey the offers not good enough we'll just keep them". They will be forced to get rid of one or both and their values will take a hit. Even in a normal trade scenario I don't think either have 1st round value but then again Hayes/Coleman got a 1sts so anything's possible..

In a scenario where we're dealing with one team, yeah, we have no leverage. If we're dealing with competing bids, we have leverage. Instead of, "Hey the offer's not good enough, we'll just keep him," it's, "Hey, the offer's not good, and we got a better one from ______."

He'll go to the highest bidder.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Forgive me, who's Niku? Not familiar...

EDIT: not like HF is accurate but looking at capfriendly its Sami Niku, not terribly familiar with him but underlying stuff looks decent. Oh, and no - not giving up Cirelli. Just can't.
what underlying numbers are you looking at? hes 900th of 957 players in WAR the last two seasons despite low GP lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad