Speculation: Taylor Hall

Where does Hall end up?

• Total voters

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I’m a Coyotes fan. I absolutely love Taylor Hall. No chance he returns. This team is a tire fire. He’ll move on and try to forget this entire embarrassing chapter ever occurred.
I was just thinking of tagging you. Sorry to hear all that.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Other than one hit on MacKinnon I didn't notice him all series.

I just don't see the fit. Who does he replace on our pp1? Landeskog is better netfront; Kadri takes face offs and rantanen is straight up better.

He can replace donskoi on pp2? That's underutilizing a 7mill plus player.

At even strength he'd be playing with a shoot first centre in Kadri; not really an ideal fit. Putting him next to Mack and rant just breaks up one of the best lines in Avs history.
hall is a play driver, who can generate offense, but often struggles to convert himself. putting him with a shoot first center to finish the plays isn't the worst idea.

Reactions: Apocalypse Dude

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
hall is a play driver, who can generate offense, but often struggles to convert himself. putting him with a shoot first center to finish the plays isn't the worst idea.

He's also redundant on Colorado, why would they need him? This is his first stab at UFA he's not going to be cheap and cap space could be used better for the Avs

Reactions: Meeqs

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
He's also redundant on Colorado, why would they need him? This is his first stab at UFA he's not going to be cheap and cap space could be used better for the Avs
i don't say hall should go to colorado. i just say a shoot first center like kadri would not be a bad fit.

Reactions: Apocalypse Dude

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Thank god Edm doesn’t have the cap space. Hall is a fine player but anything over 8 million over 5/6 years is going to be hateful.

I honestly see him going to Colorado. That’s a disgusting forward group if so. I drool over him playing with Mack or even Kadri
If he ever gets there he'll play with Kadri. Mack needs the puck on his stick to be at his best, there's no reason to neuter him by adding a puck dominant player to his line.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
If he wants to take a 5 year deal at 8 million or less to come play on a line with Draisaitl/Yamamoto Id love to have him back. More term/money is gonna be a massive albatross.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Habs max point is probably around 7 years at $8.5M with 90% paid as July bonus money. Hall probably uses Montreal's offer to get a deal somewhere else or he signs it if others don't offer more or the same ish.

How much teams with cap space will want to dig in with the July money and how much does this matter to Hall? :dunno:

With the Habs showing promise with Price/Weber and our young centers and a strong prospect pool... Does this change things for some UFA's? Not sure

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Yeah, I'd say COL, CGY, and BOS are the favorites to sign him, with a second tier or ARI, MTL, CBJ that likely won't see their wishes come true.

Reactions: Estlin

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
theres no way he goes to Montreal lol

We don't have luck with signing top UFA's yes. But our youth is filling key holes (especially at center) and we still have our vets around. I think Hall will consider Montreal but it all comes down to who can offer him the best contract and also give him a chance to win.

- Avs might be the best situation for him.
- Flames were in on him at the deadline. Do they have the cap space to pull it off and also sign some D? Not sure
- Habs have the cap space and a LW need. We can offer him lots of July bonus money. Other teams can too but how many?
- Blue Jackets probably kick tires on him too
- Coyotes try to sign him but doubt he goes back.

Who else?

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Look at Buffalo

I believe they will have the cap space for him and an absolute need to get Jack an elite winger.

Unless the only teams offering are bottom dwellers I see no way he signs there. The dude went out of his way to say he is looking to win and not to break the bank.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Is Hall going to like playing with Krejci and 2nd PP unit in Boston? Cause that's the role the Bruins put him in I would imagine. Bruins centers are 35 and 36. Hall might not like it there after 3/7 years.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Unless the only teams offering are bottom dwellers I see no way he signs there. The dude went out of his way to say he is looking to win and not to break the bank.

I think with some maturity on the blue line, and a winger like Hall, that would give them two solid lines.

They would be alot closer to competing sooner rather than later

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
I think with some maturity on the blue line, and a winger like Hall, that would give them two solid lines.

They would be alot closer to competing sooner rather than later

Sure, but if you were interested in winning over anything would you be willing to take that bet?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Is Hall going to like playing with Krejci and 2nd PP unit in Boston? Cause that's the role the Bruins put him in I would imagine. Bruins centers are 35 and 36. Hall might not like it there after 3/7 years.

Hall could be a beast with Coyle.

With Pasta, Marchand, Hall, DeBrusk, Coyle, Kase life after Krejci wouldn’t be a huge concern.
Studnicka replases him at #3C.

Marchand- Bergeron- Pasta
Hall- Coyle- x
DeBrusk- Krejci(Stud)- Kase

Defense is set pretty nicely longterm with McAvoy, Carlo, (Krug), Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Vaakanainen

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hall could be a beast with Coyle.

With Pasta, Marchand, Hall, DeBrusk, Coyle, Kase life after Krejci wouldn’t be a huge concern.
Studnicka replases him at #3C.

Marchand- Bergeron- Pasta
Hall- Coyle- x
DeBrusk- Krejci- Kase

Defense is set pretty nicely longterm with McAvoy, Carlo, (Krug), Grzelcyk, Lauzon

I'd be curios to see the version of the Bruins without Chara, Bergeron, Krejci. Another 3 years and they are gone right? At that point, Marchand would be 34/35.

Hall going to the Bruins would be unreal for 3 of the first 7 years. Maybe a 5 year term is better for him. He would be a UFA at 33 with a much higher salary cap. Doubt he does that. Probably looking for 6 or 7 years and the best team fit for the now and the future.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Sure, but if you were interested in winning over anything would you be willing to take that bet?

That would depend on the conversation with the new folks in charge up there.

If what they laid out seemed legit plausible, then yes.

Because 2-3 players up there can quickly change the team to being a contender for the duration of the Hall contract.

They have quite a bit of $$ coming off the books. They can add 2 good players.

Cozens on his way, still time and hope for Mittlestadt to pan out. And the 8th overall pick in October.

They look ugly today, but that can change this offseason

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
That would depend on the conversation with the new folks in charge up there.

If what they laid out seemed legit plausible, then yes.

Because 2-3 players up there can quickly change the team to being a contender for the duration of the Hall contract.

They have quite a bit of $$ coming off the books. They can add 2 good players.

Cozens on his way, still time and hope for Mittlestadt to pan out. And the 8th overall pick in October.

They look ugly today, but that can change this offseason

And again, it would be betting on magic beans and what ifs. If winning is so important to him he'll pick a spot that already has the hallmarks of a well-built team, not one where everything needs to go right in order to become a perennial playoff team. Especially not one that seems so dysfunctional as the Sabers sadly seem.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'd be curios to see the version of the Bruins without Chara, Bergeron, Krejci. Another 3 years and they are gone right? At that point, Marchand would be 34/35.

Hall going to the Bruins would be unreal for 3 of the first 7 years. Maybe a 5 year term is better for him. He would be a UFA at 33 with a much higher salary cap. Doubt he does that. Probably looking for 6 or 7 years and the best team fit for the now and the future.

Chara gone really doesn’t change anything.
Coyle is there to replace Krejci at #2C and Stud at #3C.

Pasta& Kase are 24y, DeBrusk soon to be 24y.
Hall at 29y the offense on W is set for years and one of the best in league and very well set to handle declining Marchand

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad