Speculation: Taylor Hall

Where does Hall end up?

• Total voters

Avs44

May 16, 2011
There's likely going to be an essentially flat cap for the next three seasons, possibly going up a couple million (at most) depending on how things play out with this virus and consequently the regular season and eventual fan attendance once again. How many teams can actually afford this guy...? Especially given that right now I don't think any teams in the league are going to want to take on cap dumps...

Really rough time to be a high profile UFA.

Reactions: _Del_

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
I think the contract supposedly offered by Arizona is the right ball park. Friedman said 7.25 over 5 I'm pretty sure? Maybe an open market can push him to 8 on a multi year deal, but don't see it going much higher than that. Will be curious to see if anyone goes to six or seven years.

Don't see him back in Arizona though

Reactions: TheGooseIsLoose

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
I don't know why he wouldn't have an open mind and welcome all offers, then take the best offer from a strong club with realistic prospects of contention for many years to come.

He'd probably stay in Arizona if that offer is leagues better than any others, but I doubt they've done enough to convince him that it's a contender. If it's close, I have to think he'd go to a better club. A player in his position should have a range of options, meaning a good club tendering a strong offer probably will be one of them.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Hall signs with Toronto and Dubas trades Matthews for OEL.

as much as it is hyperbole. Toronto is the dark horse here IF they move on from nylander.

1.) hall and Tavares are close. He knows Matthews due to renting the house
2.) he always talks about Kingston as home
3.) becoming a UFA in a pandemic while the league didn’t know what was happening. Hall bought a massive house in an Etobicoke suburb. which is right by the practice rink
4.) he came out and said he wanted a long term deal with a playoff team......

Toronto can offer him full stability and full SB. He would be pandemic proof in Toronto. Add the border issues of living in the states with your partner being in Toronto and unable to visit....

It’s very possible.

I would say colorado makes the most sense If they are willing to do term and SB. But it will all depend on who is. And how comfortable he is with the borders.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Wonder if he would sign a 1 year deal with a contender to try and make a push for the cup and then sign with the Kraken as a Free Agent next year to be the face of that franchise.

Reactions: ivanlwan and ljb4

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Thank god Edm doesn’t have the cap space. Hall is a fine player but anything over 8 million over 5/6 years is going to be hateful.

I honestly see him going to Colorado. That’s a disgusting forward group if so. I drool over him playing with Mack or even Kadri

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Other than one hit on MacKinnon I didn't notice him all series.

I just don't see the fit. Who does he replace on our pp1? Landeskog is better netfront; Kadri takes face offs and rantanen is straight up better.

He can replace donskoi on pp2? That's underutilizing a 7mill plus player.

At even strength he'd be playing with a shoot first centre in Kadri; not really an ideal fit. Putting him next to Mack and rant just breaks up one of the best lines in Avs history.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Other than one hit on MacKinnon I didn't notice him all series.

I just don't see the fit. Who does he replace on our pp1? Landeskog is better netfront; Kadri takes face offs and rantanen is straight up better.

He can replace donskoi on pp2? That's underutilizing a 7mill plus player.

At even strength he'd be playing with a shoot first centre in Kadri; not really an ideal fit. Putting him next to Mack and rant just breaks up one of the best lines in Avs history.

Yup. The Avs really should stay away. They don't have the money longterm for him and he just would be a luxury we don't need that would cost us a lot down the line when the extensions kick in and the cap space disappears...

I also don't see room for another offensive first guy. There is a reason why Burakovksy is bouncing between line 2 and line 3. Hall would be in the same boat.

Lets just not do it.
Only way I would be okay with Hall is if he wants to come cup chasing on a 1 or 2 year deal. 3 at most at reasonable money....
And thats not going to happen...

He is CGY or MTL bound. Whoever is more desperate and pays up I guess...

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Montreal will likely offer him the most $$$, but part of me thinks he'll refuse that to have a chance to truly contend with the Avs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad