Taylor Hall Thread | MOD Warning in OP

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
He hasnt played any games since being traded so what else are reporters suppose to ask him\Subban and Weber? Its going to come up every time until these guys have something else to talk about.

This is the same as when penner lost weight. Every tom dick and harry felt the need to ask the question the was beating a dead horse. Too much living in the past, time to start looking forward.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I disagree. The Devils were not a team deep in defense even before the Larsson trade. It was a Greene-Larsson pairing and then a lot of sheltered players. Hall helps their forward core, but he's the only elite player up front. Schneider is a great goalie but Talbot is pretty good himself.

I bet the real stinger for Hall in this one is that he got traded just as our team was about to improve. We'll see how the season goes, but we have a generational talent, and we've improved the team big time this offseason.

It's also the Eastern Conference. Very easy to fall bass ackwards into a playoff spot there. Not so much in the West where the Oilers are MAYBE better than Vancouver.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
are hall and mcdavid the same player?

Did the media embarrass themselves when oilers won the hall lotto?

Mcdavid came in with the Hype of Crosby and Mario

Hall didnt

Oh so what you meant to say earlier was that everyone in the room is equal and no one should get special treatment unless they are super hyped and then it's okay to get handed everything on a silver platter. Gotcha. :nod:

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
We should give Hall's attitude a PTO. I'd also consider offering a one year deal to McDavid's silver platter. The real question though, is what do you guys think about Hall being dealt???

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
It's also the Eastern Conference. Very easy to fall bass ackwards into a playoff spot there. Not so much in the West where the Oilers are MAYBE better than Vancouver.

I think for us, more than any other team, it's all about how the team clicks. If the team clicks, we're a playoff team no question. If it doesn't, like last season, then we're doomed. Our biggest obstacle is ourselves, a lot more than it is other teams. We have so much talent that if it gets going it can't be denied. I believe that the moves done this offseason have given our talent the supporting players they need. Progression can occur in leaps instead of steps, and we totally have the kind of team that would progress in leaps (or not at all).

and btw, imo Vancouver will be very good this year. Eriksson looks great with the Sedins in the World Cup. They've done some clever moves this offseason, and are in full win-now mode. They could be this year's Sharks.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

Though granted, anything can happen. The wild card spot in the West was completely up for grabs last year and Anaheim struggled for most of the year.

It was there to be had if the Oilers could ever get their crap together. The year before Calgary made it when they were supposed to be a bottom 3-4 team.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Last edited by a moderator:

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
The key word is resentment. That shouldn't have come out of his mouth in the first place.

Dudes just being honest. He doesn't play for this team anymore. He can say what he wants about this sad sack organization that wasted the first 1/2 dozen years of his career.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Dudes just being honest. He doesn't play for this team anymore. He can say what he wants about this sad sack organization that wasted the first 1/2 dozen years of his career.

6M/yr and being the biggest star in Edmonton for those years. Could be worse that's all I'm saying.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
6M/yr and being the biggest star in Edmonton for those years. Could be worse that's all I'm saying.

Of course it could be worse. He could not be a millionaire playing hockey for a living. But the dude is clearly a passionate guy and was 100% invested in this team and city. Hall wore his heart on his sleeve the entire time he was here. I'm not sure why anyone would expect anything different now that he's gone.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy

They've paid his salary. You are always entitled to complain but I am not sure his reasons are really valid (imo).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad