Taylor Hall(MVP) trade compared to other Major Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
Wow! You greatly overrated Hall in your original unedited post. LeBron and Brady are arguably the GOATs of their sports. Trout is arguably the greatest active player in his sport for several years now. You really think Hall is worthy of those comparisons? One Hart does not make him Crosby/Ovechkin/McDavid/Malkin caliber. Yikes.

Reactions: X66

sharkhawk

Jun 1, 2013
Aurora, IL
Phil esposito was traded in 67 along with ken hodge and Fred stanfield for pit Martin, jack Norris and Gilles Marotte. Won hart in 69.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Curious if a player in any sport/league has ever been traded and became an MVP within a couple of season of the trade.

Also what is the Hall for Larson trade in comparison to other sports.

For me its...

Steph Curry for Kyle Lowry

That's totally random. It'd be more like Russell Westbrook for Marcus Smart.

Reactions: DownGoesMcDavid

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
What's funny is how many people still cite the Hall/Larsson trade as evidence of how much it will cost for a top 4 D. It's mentioned on the trade board a lot.
Seriously? No one will repeat that trade.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
Taylor Hall last season with Oilers
26 goals 39 assists 65 points in 82 games

Taylor Hall first season with Devils
20 goals 33 assists 53 ponts in 72 games

Hall now won the MVP in his 2nd season with his new team. Anyone saying Oilers traded away a MVP are being stupid because they didn't trade away a MVP (he never won a MVP before being traded) they traded away someone who wasn't a MVP only had the potential to be one.

Any trade comparisons in other sports shouldn't list someone who already has won a MVP it should be someone who never won a MVP and won one sometime after being traded.
You think it's not stupid to trade a potential MVP? Seriously? Who does that? Even the worst GM in the League wouldn't say, 'Hmmmm... I think it's time to trade our potential MVP....why would I want him for?' o_O

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
After heading about Karlsson and Hoffman, I find Taylor Hall DID so something to get traded by Edmonton as to why he was traded for that package and I'm not trying to defend Edmonton. Also, his buddy Jordan Eberle gets traded as well the following off-season.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
You think it's not stupid to trade a potential MVP? Seriously? Who does that? Even the worst GM in the League wouldn't say, 'Hmmmm... I think it's time to trade our potential MVP....why would I want him for?' o_O
so you saw a potential MVP last year when he had 53 measly points?

before this year, the only thing Hall was known for was winning draft lotteries

Reactions: Mike Lowry

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
so you saw a potential MVP last year when he had 53 measly points?

before this year, the only thing Hall was known for was winning draft lotteries
You're just sore because the Oilers are making some really stupid decisions regarding player personnel recently.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Given the thread starter's history, the intentions of this thread aren't that subtle.

Thread starter: don't do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad