Player Discussion Taylor Hall II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
No need to rush it at all.

At this point, I'm sure all talks of extension are off until the end of the season. Sole focus for everyone in the organization has to be just winning.

As far as contract, I'm not nearly as concerned with $ as I am with term. Sign him to a 3 year for anything under 8m and I count it a huge win.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
A totally different guy in the last 5-6 minutes. Need that guy for all 60. He shows up and they win easily.

With that sort of effort? Absolutely. He picked his route, chipped around to the outside and the plan was fully in motion. Too many guys toss that to the net and drive by the BACK of the net, or curl back to the corner and up to the blue line.

Reactions: EverettMike

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I’ve loved seeing him get more emotional after his goals and how the team has reacted to him scoring, and even when they score as shown by Marchand last night...

He’s having a blast and hopefully it can continue long into the summer and for a few more years.

I think it was actually Felger that mentioned it today, but it definitely felt like he officially became a Bruins last night. The effort on that tying goal, the celebration of his and Marchand's goals, it seems clear to me that he fits in perfectly with this team. Yes, it's early, but I can't see him signing elsewhere at this point.

MarbleMist

May 17, 2021
For the sake of balance, it'd be nice if Hall got Krejci's cap hit ($7m range) and vice-versa ($4m range). But it seems unlikely that Krejci will be willing to go that low. The Bruins have treated him well though, so who knows.

Reactions: inactive user

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If Hall was 26 or 27 I would agree. He’s 30.

So you want to rebuild?

This team needs a game changer.
Sweeney doesn’t have the assets to trade for cheap impact player.

Hall is the best UFA and is 29(turns 30y) next season and you want to lowball him.

Might as well trade Marchand because he won’t have another shot at the Cup after this season....

It’s about term not money with Hall.
This is a team where the top guys are making 7M(and 2 of the top guys are ufa’s certainly not getting a raise) in a league with superstars getting 10M.

6.5/7M is top6 money

Last edited:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
So you want to rebuild?

This team needs a game changer.
Sweeney doesn’t have the assets to trade for cheap impact player.

Hall is the best UFA and is 29(turns 30y) next season and you want to lowball him.

Might as well trade Marchand because he won’t have another shot at the Cup after this season....

It’s about term not money with Hall.
This is a team where the top guys are making 7M(and 2 of the top guys are ufa’s certainly not getting a raise) in a league with superstars getting 10M.

6.5/7M is top6 money

I’ll be shocked but we will see. A guy that had 28, 28, and 25 goals and seasons of 70 and 60 points just “only” got five million per.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I trust we will get it done after the expansion draft -- or before, but after. You know what I mean.:laugh:

Think both sides will be motivated regardless of how far we go in postseason. We've seen what Hall can do when enjoying the game and Hall has seen what it's like to fit in with a team with talent and purpose.

I'm crappy at guessing numbers though.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I’ll be shocked but we will see. A guy that had 28, 28, and 25 goals and seasons of 70 and 60 points just “only” got five million per.

Do you think this team is anywhere close to being a contender without Hall?

We are not going to be able to go the next 5 offseason with but covid

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
For the sake of balance, it'd be nice if Hall got Krejci's cap hit ($7m range) and vice-versa ($4m range). But it seems unlikely that Krejci will be willing to go that low. The Bruins have treated him well though, so who knows.
He's treated them pretty well too. Sweeney's worked some magic with contracts but I cant expect anyone to take less than their market value. It's a profession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad