Player Discussion Taylor Hall II

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
he is making taylor hall an elite player again. thats what playmakers do when they get a scorer..
If you want to base your entire analysis on 37 games with one of the biggest dumpster fire organizations in hockey history, be my guest. I will look at their entire careers, 600+ games instead.

Hall isn't just a scorer- look at his stats. He only has one season as a top-ten goalscorer, two seasons in the top-ten in assists, and three seasons as a top-ten point scorer.

Krejci has never been a top-ten point scorer and twice top-ten in assists.

If you look at their careers, Hall and Krejci have identical assists per game. However, Hall is a much better goal scorer.

PlayerGPGAPGPPG
Hall0.340.540.88
Krejci0.220.540.76
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Hall even has three seasons equal to or better than Krejci's best season of assists per game.

So calling him a goal scorer is really misunderstanding what type of player Hall is, Hall can do it all offensively.

go ahead and deny it but put hall with Coyle and youll see a massive dropoff similar to if you stick Krejci with the usual collection of jags the bruins gave him
Hall would get fewer points with Coyle, but not for the reason you think. If he played on the third line, he would see reduced ice time and a reduced offensive ice time. If Coyle and Hall were on the second line, Hall might score more points than with Krejci. If a goal was scored, Hall would be the person that created it 95% of the time, and now he is sharing that with Krejci.

People think offence is infinite, but it is finite. Better players mean a better team, not better individual stats. There are only so many offensive situations to take advantage of in a game and limited ice time to do it. In some instances, having worse players can inflate offensive stats because a good player will play every offensive opportunity.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
If you want to base your entire analysis on 37 games with one of the biggest dumpster fire organizations in hockey history, be my guest. I will look at their entire careers, 600+ games instead.

Hall isn't just a scorer- look at his stats. He only has one season as a top-ten goalscorer, two seasons in the top-ten in assists, and three seasons as a top-ten point scorer.

Krejci has never been a top-ten point scorer and twice top-ten in assists.

If you look at their careers, Hall and Krejci have identical assists per game. However, Hall is a much better goal scorer.

PlayerGPGAPGPPG
Hall0.340.540.88
Krejci0.220.540.76
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Hall even has three seasons equal to or better than Krejci's best season of assists per game.

So calling him a goal scorer is really misunderstanding what type of player Hall is, Hall can do it all offensively.

Hall would get fewer points with Coyle, but not for the reason you think. If he played on the third line, he would see reduced ice time and a reduced offensive ice time. If Coyle and Hall were on the second line, Hall might score more points than with Krejci. If a goal was scored, Hall would be the person that created it 95% of the time, and now he is sharing that with Krejci.

People think offence is infinite, but it is finite. Better players mean a better team, not better individual stats. There are only so many offensive situations to take advantage of in a game and limited ice time to do it. In some instances, having worse players can inflate offensive stats because a good player will play every offensive opportunity.

hall had 1 great season and has non existent playoff numbers if we are talking career. I think he is an incredibly gifted scorer with a good playmaking ability. pairing up with one of the more gifted playmakers in hockey will help hall do what he wants to do on the ice

Last edited:

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Please sign him to an expensive long term deal.

Every team deserves a resident dog effer.

We've got Skinner, you can have Hall.

And yes, he's scoring now; who wouldn't on that line?

His indifferent play, and his approach in Buffalo contributed to the mess he describes.

Disappointing player, disappointing person.
I don’t blame you for feeling this way. We would too. If the Bruins over pay for him, then it’s their fault and I will blast them here.
As far as Skinner, your GM’s fault. It was his contract year. Raise your hand if you saw that coming.

Reactions: inactive user

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
"We love him. We think he's awesome and will do anything to sign him, unless some other team puts in an offer that we just can't beat. That would probably be $7M that we couldn't do. But we really really want to sign him. If we thought the Kraken wouldn't take them off our hands we'd sign Rask, Krejci, Hall, and Reilly right now, because we love them. Here ..... let me give you a screen shot of our cap situation, and our budget, mapped out against our strategy. Assuming nobody else screws us over we think it will work well. I think you'll find it interesting. Again, though we looooooooove Taylor and will do anything at all to keep him -- he's the Gold Starred player on the strategy chart I just showed you. The one with little fireworks coming off the top and lighting up the sky."

Better?

Come on, it's a frigging media interview in which Neely is no more likely to give a real answer than you are to tell a car dealer what your true top line spend level is. You think Hall is going to read that and think, "Gee Cam seems lukewarm, huh?"?????
It’s amazing how much people don’t understand negotiating with players. Your constantly bluffing. Always. People want figures before they even play a single playoff game.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
One of the few Bs that stood out tonight.

He really drove the play.

Need others to follow suit

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
they were both 30 goal guys before they got to Boston, this discussion is revisionist nonsense. They cashed in because they were good hockey players who had produced for pretty much their entire careers up until free agency

It’s great to play with Krejci but this idea that they were irrelevant away from him is laughable. Same goes for Hall in re: to your point.

For the record Horton was only “irrelevant” after leaving Boston because his body gave out on him forcing him to retire. He actually scored at a higher PPG rate his last season in Florida than he did in his first season in Boston (and every subsequent season)

he also had three better regular season scoring totals in Florida than his best in Boston.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
he also had three better regular season scoring totals in Florida than his best in Boston.

lets pretend he didnt get traded out of FL for being known as an underachiever same as hall and his many journeys. ask FL fans, Im pretty sure you know this, funny how they are able to shake that reputation after playing with Krejci. obviously checking hockey DB for 2min tell the story of horton in FL

Former Florida Panthers wing Nathan Horton a key factor for Boston Bruins in playoff run

After six seasons in Florida, Horton was perceived as an underachiever who lacked the work ethic required to ever make him a star. And when Horton told General Manager Dale Tallon last summer that he wanted out of the Panthers’ losing culture, fans were fine with dealing him to Boston for defenseman Dennis Wideman and a pair of high draft picks

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
stick to baseball

mmmm I’m gonna stick to reality, something you’ve always had major issues with

Winning is a cure all. Not David Krejci. He’s just a really good center who benefits from having good wingers just as they benefit from having him

you can be delusional and act like these guys didn’t produce more pre-Boston but that’s just the fact of the matter

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
mmmm I’m gonna stick to reality, something you’ve always had major issues with

Winning is a cure all. Not David Krejci. He’s just a really good center who benefits from having good wingers just as they benefit from having him

you can be delusional and act like these guys didn’t produce more pre-Boston but that’s just the fact of the matter

maybe we should ask Horton what he thinks instead of you

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
maybe we should ask Horton what he thinks instead of you

im sure he was his favorite center to play with but that’s not the point youre making

you’re saying he saved his career. He was a 30 goal scorer coming off of 57 points in 65 games. I mean give me a f***ing break he “saved him”, there’s a reason why they didn’t get him off waivers or for peanuts. They traded a guy who functioned as a top 4 defenseman, a first, and a 3rd for him but apparently he was terrible and in need of resurrection from the dead

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
im sure he was his favorite center to play with but that’s not the point youre making

you’re saying he saved his career. He was a 30 goal scorer coming off of 57 points in 65 games. I mean give me a f***ing break he “saved him”, there’s a reason why they didn’t get him off waivers or for peanuts. They traded a guy who functioned as a top 4 defenseman, a first, and a 3rd for him but apparently he was terrible and in need of resurrection from the dead

all your screaming means nothing. horton was elevated by Krejci to his ceiling. best trade by chia

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
all your screaming means nothing. horton was elevated by Krejci to his ceiling. best trade by chia
Not questionning DK but i do am questionning your logique. When DK played with JD, JD had a bad impact for DK production...now with TH, DK is the reason why TH reborn!

I will only say that probably they helped themselves to a better production mutually! And both are happy to have reborn together!

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Please sign him to an expensive long term deal.

Every team deserves a resident dog effer.

We've got Skinner, you can have Hall.

And yes, he's scoring now; who wouldn't on that line?

His indifferent play, and his approach in Buffalo contributed to the mess he describes.

Disappointing player, disappointing person.

You’re upset that you got mediocrity in return for Hall, who is producing like you thought he would in the dumpster fire that is Buffalo.

Sorry, not sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad