Value of: Taylor Hall at the trade deadline

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
That much wont be coming back. Itll be a contending team trading for him most likely and you are not getting a top4 D from a team in the hunt.

This was Sakic's ask for Duchene with over a year left on his contract. The Devils are past that point now and running out of time with each passing day.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
If the Devils trade Hall in season I see it happening before trade deadline. A team is gonna want to get Hull up and running in their systems/new line mates well before playoffs.
Well, it would be difficult to trade him in-season after the trade deadline. After all, it's called the trade deadline for a reason. ;)

Reactions: SYWTom

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
LOL! God no, I'm simply specifying the pieces Sakic has to work with. I thought that was clear. We're not giving up the entire farm for Hall.

I think Zadorov + 2020 protected first would be the base of the trade. Added pieces depending on circumstances.

Okay I was gonna say you need to take a long look in the mirror if you're being serious haha.

That's more along the lines of what I was thinking, although I would hate to lose Z.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Okay I was gonna say you need to take a long look in the mirror if you're being serious haha.

That's more along the lines of what I was thinking, although I would hate to lose Z.

I would too but he would be a good piece for NJ and he really doesn't fit on the Avs once Byram and Timmins make the jump.

Reactions: Perratrooper

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Well, it would be difficult to trade him in-season after the trade deadline. After all, it's called the trade deadline for a reason. ;)

Trade deadline doesnt mean he cant be traded after, it's just the deadline for a playoff team to trade for him. If a team wants him to try and resign he can be traded whenever just cant play in the playoffs after the deadline.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Yanni gourde
2020 1st
2020 2nd
Taylor raddysh

For Hall

I think this is the closest thing so far. I think NJD would ask for Vancouver's first instead of a 2nd though.

2020 1st
Vancouver's 1st from JT Millet Trade
Raddysh
Killhorn (ignoring the realities of a NTC)

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Trade deadline doesnt mean he cant be traded after, it's just the deadline for a playoff team to trade for him. If a team wants him to try and resign he can be traded whenever just cant play in the playoffs after the deadline.
And how often does that happen with players of Hall's caliber? Almost never.

Reactions: Lo97

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Yanni gourde
2020 1st
2020 2nd
Taylor raddysh

For Hall

Oilers fan here says yes, I'm sure Chiarelli recognizes Hall is going to be expensive, he's probably got enough foresight to grab a solid player like Gourde and some pieces for the future. We don't need Hall's offense anymore, Eberle and McDavid clicked perfectly. Draisaitl and Nuge can move the puck perfectly together, something about Justin Schultz's sneaky wrister just works with the way those two pass.

Oh.. This thread looks strange.
I don't think I'm in the right timeline.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I would give up Lindholm and Hamonic from Calgary if we can work out a deal for him and fit it under the cap. Bring the Calgary kid home.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I would give up Lindholm and Hamonic from Calgary if we can work out a deal for him and fit it under the cap. Bring the Calgary kid home.

I thought Calgary wanted more RH shooters, not less? Why mess with team chemistry like that in-season?

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
JP/Yamamoto + Samorukov/Jones + 1st.

Cause he'd obviously extend with EDM. Might have to get a Russel/Gagner/Manning in there for cap reasons.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I thought Calgary wanted more RH shooters, not less? Why mess with team chemistry like that in-season?

You don't think Taylor Hall would be an upgrade? I think you put him with Tkachuk and/or Gaudreau and just mix lines.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
You don't think Taylor Hall would be an upgrade? I think you put him with Tkachuk and/or Gaudreau and just mix lines.

If the Flames would have an interest in something like that I’d hope the Devils would be interested. The team needs an LHD though. Instead of Hamonic, what would the Devils have to add to a signed Hall to get Hanifin?

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Absolute steal for Calgary if something like that happened.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
If the Flames would have an interest in something like that I’d hope the Devils would be interested. The team needs an LHD though. Instead of Hamonic, what would the Devils have to add to a signed Hall to get Hanifin?

Don't think we trade Hanifin any time soon. Maybe a Brodie if we are talking extentions.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
JP/Yamamoto + Samorukov/Jones + 1st.

Cause he'd obviously extend with EDM. Might have to get a Russel/Gagner/Manning in there for cap reasons.

If it’s a sign and trade or vice versa, then money needs to be going the other way.

We would have to include one of our big named Left defenders.

Klefbom, Puljujarvi and 2nd

Or

Nurse, Puljujarvi and 2nd

Or

Broberg, Puljujarvi, Russel, 1st

The first 2 deals put pressure on the player not traded between Klefbom and Nurse as their ice time will skyrocket. If it’s broberg then the team is set but just might be trading the best of the bunch. Russel may not waive in that proposal as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad