Value of: Taylor Hall at the trade deadline

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
It’s funny how we keep seeing offers that includes forwards when our biggest need is on defence and our biggest strength is up front.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
It’s funny how we keep seeing offers that includes forwards when our biggest need is on defence and our biggest strength is up front.
Agreed, that said - losing Taylor Hall would leave a major hole up front that would need to be plugged.

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
1 - Roster player (Jesse Puljujarvi)
2 - 2020 1st Round Pick (Playoff protected.)
3 - 2021 2nd Round Pick
4 - B+ Prospect (Yamamoto/Benson for forwards or Jones for Dmen)
5 - I don't think the devils will get another first if Hall resigns, I think the B+ prospect would turn into a A+ prospect. (Broberg/Bouchard instead of Yamamoto if its a sign+trade)

If the devils walk away from a pending UFA Hall with the above deal, they could potentially land 2 former 1st round picks and an additional 1st round pick. That is a "Hall".

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
1 - Roster player (Jesse Puljujarvi)
2 - 2020 1st Round Pick (Playoff protected.)
3 - 2021 2nd Round Pick
4 - B+ Prospect (Yamamoto/Benson for forwards or Jones for Dmen)
5 - I don't think the devils will get another first if Hall resigns, I think the B+ prospect would turn into a A+ prospect. (Broberg/Bouchard instead of Yamamoto if its a sign+trade)

If the devils walk away from a pending UFA Hall with the above deal, they could potentially land 2 former 1st round picks and an additional 1st round pick. That is a "Hall".

Signed Hall for:

2020 1st
2021 2nd
Bouchard

...a pretty good deal. No real interest in JP. Change out the 2021 2nd for a B+ prospect?
Even if not what you wrote is a fair offer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad