Value of: Taylor Hall at the trade deadline

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
If he’d do a sign and trade and Edmonton is in a playoff position

1st 2019
1st 2021
Jesse Puljujarvi
Caleb Jones LD prospect
Kris Russell for cap reasons only 1 yr left after this year.

manning and Gagner come off the books in the off season and moving Russell they combine for over 9 million. We offer 10-10.5 x 8 and call it a day.

now I’m sure someone will poop on this and say let’s just sign him in the off season. A deadline deal means we can offer the extra yr he might want, we gain him for a run this year and don’t have to compete with the open market. Add creating 4 million cap space for next season i think that’s worth 2 first

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
If he’d do a sign and trade and Edmonton is in a playoff position

1st 2019
1st 2021
Jesse Puljujarvi
Caleb Jones LD prospect
Kris Russell for cap reasons only 1 yr left after this year.

manning and Gagner come off the books in the off season and moving Russell they combine for over 9 million. We offer 10-10.5 x 8 and call it a day.

now I’m sure someone will poop on this and say let’s just sign him in the off season. A deadline deal means we can offer the extra yr he might want, we gain him for a run this year and don’t have to compete with the open market. Add creating 4 million cap space for next season i think that’s worth 2 first

The first poop will occur with the fact you have 2019 1st. That’s Broberg, can’t see Holland moving him, Hall or not.

The 2nd poop will occur on the Devils side at the thought of taking on Kris Russell (not to mention KR has a limited NTC).

I think IF the Oil are interested (we have more glaring needs IMO), the deal probably looks like 2020 1st + Puljujärvi + Samorukov. We’d have to either clear salary elsewhere, or sweeten the pot further to include Gagner/Manning.

Reactions: Lo97

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
I really think Hall on the Avs would be a perfect fit. That team would be scary. Colorado has a lot of very good young players/prospects on Defense. There would be another fit because the Devils are lacking there.

Maybe something around Zadorov + 1st. But I rather ditch the first and go for Byram if possible. Maybe Timmins.
Zadorov and a first. Done. Send him over. And we don't need an extension arranged. We can try it ourselves after he plays with us.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

sailorjerry96

Feb 29, 2012
Vancouver, BC
realistically at the deadline if its known he won't re-sign in NJ i could see the package being;

1 Solid Roster Player
1st round pick

Maaaaybe a throw in prospect

edit: Just going by past deadline deals for players in similar situations

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
If the Oilers did somehow acquire Hall it would be pretty funny. Holland would correct some Chiarelli's biggest blunders by ridding the Oilers of Lucic and requiring Hall. It's likely wishful thinking.

Reactions: ivanlwan

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
From Boston:
1. Danton Heinen
2. 2020 1st rd pick
3. 2021 2nd rd pick
4. Trent Frederic
5. Jakub Zboril
Last they also need to take David Backes for the Bruins to fit in Hall and to get this package above, if need be Zboril could be upgraded to Matt Grzelcyk if NJ takes all of Backes' salary.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
My asking price:
1. Top 4 left defenseman
2. 1st round pick
3. Middle six young winger
4. Top prospect

Really don’t see you getting that much. Most teams looking for Hall probably wouldn’t be interested in moving a top-4 D either.

Perhaps the Isles will be OK with moving Leddy depending on how things go for Dobson and their other young D, but aside from that I’d probably add a 1st and maybe Bellows. That’s probably as far as I’d go though unless I was really confident I could get Hall to stay.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
(edit: I guess the Duchene trade isn't a rental eh)

Recent rental trades I can think of
Pacioretty = 2nd best prospect (a-) + roster player + 2nd round pick

Stone = (arguably) 2nd best prospect (a-) + depth player + 2nd round pick

2017 Duchene = a first, second, and third round pick, a likely top 4 D, a C+ prospect with good NHL potential, plus a bit more.

2019 Duchene = 2 firsts and a prospect I have a tough time grading (I'll just call him a B prospect for arguments sake).

So based on this small sample size, what I feel Hall could fetch is:

1 first, 1 conditional first on him signing/making past first round of playoffs, a B+ prospect and a young roster player

I don't see many teams being able to meet that so perhaps only Colorado would be in on him?

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I really wouldn't hold your breath on getting Byram out of Colorado, bud. Even for a signed Hall.

But I agree with you Colorado is a great fit for Hall, even as a rental (assuming the Avs are the real deal this year).

Zadorov (if Sakic is willing to part with him before the playoffs, which I'm skeptical)
Jost
2020 first rounder
Kaut
Smaller pieces like Rosen, Greer, Kamenev
Avs have two third rounders in 2020

Timmins, Bowers, and probably Newhook are the favored children right now, it's possible if Hall agrees to an extension.

Let's not even discuss Byram.

So the Avs have a ton of pieces to work with and could afford to give up a decent package, and they badly need a legit top 6 winger for the Kadri line. There are a good amount of posters on our board who worry about how Hall ages over the life of his next contract and they have good points, but if he can hold together for the next 3-4 years I think he could be a real good fit.

The big thing about Hall in Colorado is he wouldn't have to be 'the guy'. He'd easily have 2/3 players ahead of him on the talent depth chart. And next to Kadri or MacKinnon he wouldn't be responsible for carrying his own line.

I hope to god you’re not saying all that for Hall, that’s a huge overpay

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Assuming no extension....

1 - Roster player (Middle 6 forward?)
2 - 2020 1st Round Pick (Playoff protected. Probably projected to be 20 or later)
3 - 2021 2nd Round Pick
4 - B+ Prospect (A player worth a mid or late 1st rounder to some teams, but not a blue chip prospect)
5 - Conditional 2021 1st round pick if Hall re-signs

Stone only got Brannstrom because Stone re-signed. Otherwise, the Senators were going to have to settle for something around Beauvillier and a 1st from NYI. Duchene went for Abramov, Davidsson, a 1st, and a conditional pick. Panarin wasn't traded because the Jackets didn't feel the offers were strong enough.

There is sort of a ceiling on what rentals will get. So the difference between Hall and say Duchene isn't going to end up being all that high. It's possible that the market could change.
Ouch, sounds expensive. How come Subban went so cheap?

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I really wouldn't hold your breath on getting Byram out of Colorado, bud. Even for a signed Hall.

But I agree with you Colorado is a great fit for Hall, even as a rental (assuming the Avs are the real deal this year).

Zadorov (if Sakic is willing to part with him before the playoffs, which I'm skeptical)
Jost
2020 first rounder
Kaut
Smaller pieces like Rosen, Greer, Kamenev
Avs have two third rounders in 2020

Timmins, Bowers, and probably Newhook are the favored children right now, it's possible if Hall agrees to an extension.

Let's not even discuss Byram.

So the Avs have a ton of pieces to work with and could afford to give up a decent package, and they badly need a legit top 6 winger for the Kadri line. There are a good amount of posters on our board who worry about how Hall ages over the life of his next contract and they have good points, but if he can hold together for the next 3-4 years I think he could be a real good fit.

The big thing about Hall in Colorado is he wouldn't have to be 'the guy'. He'd easily have 2/3 players ahead of him on the talent depth chart. And next to Kadri or MacKinnon he wouldn't be responsible for carrying his own line.

I would do this.

Zadorov and a first. Done. Send him over. And we don't need an extension arranged. We can try it ourselves after he plays with us.

I would probably also do this.

AZ 1st, Chychrun, & Fischer?

I would definitely do this.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I hope to god you’re not saying all that for Hall, that’s a huge overpay

I would do this.

LOL! God no, I'm simply specifying the pieces Sakic has to work with. I thought that was clear. We're not giving up the entire farm for Hall.

I think Zadorov + 2020 protected first would be the base of the trade. Added pieces depending on circumstances.

Reactions: Perratrooper

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad