Player Discussion: #TavaresWatch: It's Over. Thomas Hickey, come get the Stanley Cup! (Warning #2834)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
The difference is when the Rangers captains left they were traded and the rags got something out of it. TB made out on the Callahan trade but the rags did still get MSL

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
Always "the future..." "The future...The future...The future..."

Let me know when "the present" is good. Then I'll celebrate. Because right now I'm disappointed for the millionth time.
It's Belmont, nothing else. Only Belmont will get talent and will get home-grown talent stay. So far, no shovels were put into the ground, as far as I know.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
It's Belmont, nothing else. Only Belmont will get talent and will get home-grown talent stay. So far, no shovels were put into the ground, as far as I know.

I don't know. As a whole most guys in this league are pretty stupid. You'd be surprised how dumb some of these guys are. I'm sure most if they were looking at the team and had an offer would just assume the building is a done deal and thats that.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Yes, the future. That's why Komarov sign should get more ire than Tavares', and "Belmont watch" should get 100+ pages more than Tavares'.

...And because we've heard "the future" a million times before, why none of us should be excited until we actually start winning on the ice.

Reactions: stranger34

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013

And you better hope they don't find dinosaur bones in the ground when those shovels go in....

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
The difference is when the Rangers captains left they were traded and the rags got something out of it. TB made out on the Callahan trade but the rags did still get MSL

Exactly. Rangers management had a better read on their assets' intentions, and made sure their assets wouldn't walk away for nothing. It's not the players... It's management doing their job.

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
...And because we've heard "the future" a million times before, why none of us should be excited until we actually start winning on the ice.
The future is that arena. That's why btw they didn't give ultimatum to Tavares last year as some fans advertised to do. UFAs are signing for less money for less term elsewhere. Only Belmont will return this franchise to glory.

I have no other explanation why this franchise is in the state it is now, after the changes of the last several months.

Reactions: PWJunior

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
This is what I said by "several months ago".

How fast do you expect things to change? The loss of JT was set in motion well before LL and Trotz got here. It's going to take time to get over that shock, but the idea that there's nothing that explains why NYI is where it is beyond the arena seems a bit incredible.

Reactions: The Lighthouse

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
No. Disagree. Stanley cup coach and gm should do this
And how they "did that" with the snake? With Hutton and whoever they tried to sign?

Tavares inflicted a major blow, but it's not like ufas were fighting to sign with us.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Lorwood-

I happen to like you/your posts very much. However to say that the Isles "dodged a bullet" to let a #1 franchise center walk out the door for nothing is being too cavalier at best and really disingenuous at worst. Nothing positive comes from Tavares leaving.

And I think Lou is a pretty ideal person to install as President - That's not the issue. The issue is that something is just wrong with the Islander franchise/brand. All we ever have is the future, and it NEVER works out in the end.

So my point is...I'm not sure that even Lou can overcome whatever it is that is keeping this franchise down. I'm praying for it, but the only way even Lou can convince me is when we're winning playoff rounds and hovering around the finals.

Short of that then the misery will continue and most Isles fans will continue to TELL me how bright the future looks.

Always "the future..." "The future...The future...The future..."

Let me know when "the present" is good. Then I'll celebrate. Because right now I'm disappointed for the millionth time.

The issue with the brand is the absolute shit show of owners since the dynasty years (hard to fathom how one franchise could never attract an owner who cared about the product) who has brought in the worst management teams possible. RIGHT NOW, we appear to have good owners who have finally brought in competent/capable management and coaching. Obviously we can't predict whether that could change over time but assuming it doesn't, and given the "legacy of Snow" walking out the door, we have to build towards the future. Some of us (including you and me in this one) have seen the best of what it could be and lived thru the absolute worst and as disgusting as yesterday was, I think we are off the bottom. Are we going to be good this coming season--absolutely not or probably the following season but all we have to look at is the team who took the Snake, 4 years ago they were a laughingstock too. They brought in great management and coaching, lucked their way to an excellent talent at Center and now they are paved to be very good for at least the next few seasons.

I respect your ideas and this is just my two cents and we all suffer from the battery of being an Islander fan but we have something RIGHT NOW that we haven't had in over a generation, COMMITTED OWNERSHIP and that really is the most important thing.

Reactions: The Lighthouse

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Yes but with Fat Bas*ard, Football only Bart and Maggie Grey who knows nothing and just regurgitates headlines. Not sure any of the 3 could pick Tavares out of a lineup
Understood, but they said they’d let Isles fans have at it. Hasn’t happened yet, I’m still waiting to hear. Still talking basketball apparently. :rolleyes:

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
How fast do you expect things to change? The loss of JT was set in motion well before LL and Trotz got here. It's going to take time to get over that shock, but the idea that there's nothing that explains why NYI is where it is beyond the arena seems a bit incredible.
I expect things to change fast once Belmont is under construction.

ScottyDont55

I'm a frequent lurker but never post. I figured this would be a good time and way to start.
tavares in bed.jpg

Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad